[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Video Games; What are you playing lately?

Tford

My 8th grader can play COD, 10 hours/day. He has had a 98+ average in all subjects, for a few years, so it is hard to argue with him about how he can spend his free time.

Personally, I just play Settlers of Cataan & Fishdom, on the computer.

Edited by Ramhock

Been playing C & C/Red Alert since the beginning. Loved it. Then I bought Red Alert 4. Got it for 1/2 price and now I know why. What a POS! :tup:

I'm wearing out the older versions. Lookin' for a new game. Anything like it out now? :wacko:

Finished AC Brotherhood and liked it (although I'd spend more time on side quests if you have other things you want to do, because once you get passed sequence 8 or 9, you don't really get the chance to go explore as much.

Just started Fallout New Vegas. I really enjoyed Fallout 3 and this game looks very similar and even better in some areas (with aim down the sites shooting). I know it's a hugh timesink but I'm going to wonder the desert for awhile. :wacko:

I've really enjoyed the Uncharted games, but if they come out with another one and I still have to shoot someone 14 times with an AK at close range to kill them, I might give up on the series. I realize it doesn't have to play like counter strike but I just can't stand to shoot people 20 times each for them to go down.

:wacko: shoot em in the head :tup:

:tup: shoot em in the head :lol:

Then I have a 50/50 chance of just knocking their hat off. :wacko: It feels like a Michael Bay movie where someone is climbing a ladder during a gun fight and that machine gun will only hit the rungs of the ladder.

Fifa 2011, all night. Add me on PSN, jrodway420

COD BLACK OPS ... The one time I joined your session I went straight for you and got you, then you signed off. I need more huddlers to pop with my grenade launcher LoL.

When is the new Tiger coming out? They are gonna add Augusta? Can you be any former players like Bobby Jones or Byron Nelson?

Just finished Dragon Age 2. I liked it but be forewarned: It is much more "on- rails" than DAO and there is only one town! Also EVERY dungeon is the same, armor is limited to your character and cut scenes happen before you can pick up your loot. I tanked a warrior and flew right through it. I'd rate it a rental. When it ended I wished there was more so I guess that is a sign of a good game. Too bad they made it so limiting!

Just finished Dragon Age 2. I liked it but be forewarned: It is much more "on- rails" than DAO and there is only one town! Also EVERY dungeon is the same, armor is limited to your character and cut scenes happen before you can pick up your loot. I tanked a warrior and flew right through it. I'd rate it a rental. When it ended I wished there was more so I guess that is a sign of a good game. Too bad they made it so limiting!

I have to admit I like the fighting much better than the part 1. The story flows alot easier in this one also. I do not like 1 town.

COD BLACK OPS ... The one time I joined your session I went straight for you and got you, then you signed off. I need more huddlers to pop with my grenade launcher LoL.

When is the new Tiger coming out? They are gonna add Augusta? Can you be any former players like Bobby Jones or Byron Nelson?

Tiger Woods comes out on Tuesday, at least on the 360. Yes, Augusta is in the game and on the cover as well. The first time Tiger won't be. You've never been able to be any of the older greats in the past, and I haven't read anywhere that they will be in this year's version. I've never been this excited for a Tiger Woods game. I'll probably play at Augusta 20 times before I do anything else. I'm excited to watch the tournament on tv and have a better idea of how to play some of the less famous holes.

that sounds disappointing. guess ill stick with the first one for a while longer.

I have to admit I like the fighting much better than the part 1. The story flows alot easier in this one also. I do not like 1 town.

If DAO had the fighting mechanic that DA2 has it would have been a masterpiece.

PS3

I'm to the point that I can't seem to get into anything other than sports simulations.

Madden was awesome this year, after I found a great set of sliders on Operation Sports. I really enjoyed it for the first time in a long time. Now, I'm onto my favorite sports simulation...........MLB: The Show. I'm currently doing "Road to the Show", which is awesome, and after the real baseball season starts, and people get the accurate rosters out there, I will start my season.

I also try to play online, but, I can't get into that either. I just like to play offline sports sims.

• 2 weeks later...
Been playing C & C/Red Alert since the beginning. Loved it. Then I bought Red Alert 4. Got it for 1/2 price and now I know why. What a POS!

I'm wearing out the older versions. Lookin' for a new game. Anything like it out now?

Never expected to see that one. Loved the game when it came out - I might try it if I had a copy to do skirmishes, but recall the AI was lame (computer players would build too many units and get "jammed up" such that they couldn't move). And I did similar ie bought the newer version(s) for cheap and still felt ripped off - much like I did with "DOOM 3" which wasn't DOOM at all.

Try Age of Empires #1, which is also an old game but newer and somewhat better graphically than C&C. Recently saw it in Staples for $10. Very similar to C&C in many ways (the "health bars" for units, how diff countries/races have unique strengths and weaknesses, etc) but somewhat more advanced in that you can "buy" technologies that make units better eg fire farther or each hit does less damage. AOE 2 has better graphics but IMO has a more cluttered look - what I love about #1 is it has a very "clean" look n feel. Still play it once in awhile and in fact it's about the only computer game I still play for the most part.

Edited by BeeR

What did they do to my familiar Tiger Woods game? This new version is nuts! I only got a chance to play a few rounds before I went on vacation. I played online at Augusta a few times. That was the most fun I've had in video game in a long, long time.

I do have a few negatives on the game already. I'm a lefty, and they don't let you switch the shot stick as far as I can tell, so I'm stuck swinging with the wrong hand and I can't hit the ball straight as consistently, especially on the greens. How in the heck do you turn off the caddy?????

What did they do to my familiar Tiger Woods game? This new version is nuts! I only got a chance to play a few rounds before I went on vacation. I played online at Augusta a few times. That was the most fun I've had in video game in a long, long time.

I do have a few negatives on the game already. I'm a lefty, and they don't let you switch the shot stick as far as I can tell, so I'm stuck swinging with the wrong hand and I can't hit the ball straight as consistently, especially on the greens. How in the heck do you turn off the caddy?????

You can switch form the LS to the RS on the XBox. It is in the options once you start a round or anything. THere is a spot for Golfer settings and it is in there. I don't know for sure if that is what you are talking about or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody here play Reach, GRAW2 or Unreal Tournement 3?

These are the games we've been playing online recently and we'd love to get more heads to open things up (capture the flag and such)

We've got at least five of us signing on on Saturday night. I'd love to get a few more to play capture the flag or something.

....also... has anybody played Red Dead Redemption online yet? Any good?

Edited by Duchess Jack

Does anybody here play Reach, GRAW2 or Unreal Tournement 3?

These are the games we've been playing online recently and we'd love to get more heads to open things up (capture the flag and such)

....also... has anybody played Red Dead Redemption online yet? Any good?

my brother loves Red Dead Redemption and is pushing for me to buy it...

Finished up Resident Evil 5 and started Dead Rising 2.

About one year behind, as usual.

I love to buy games. I buy them when they hit $10. I have about 50 in the closet. I just finished Fear. I aspire to make it to Bioshock and Crysis before the end of 2011.

The law seems to limit me to 30 min 2-3 times/week.

:wacko: