[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Video Games; What are you playing lately?

Tford

How does Civ 5 compare to say, Rome: Total War?

So, how do y'all get past the better half to play these games? Do you just turn the mute on or wait until your marriage is mature enough where you don't care what the other is doing? :wacko:

The latter. She wanted to watch the SAGs last night :barf: makes it easy to put in a quick 3+ hrs of Skyrim.

Just an FYI, your companions can die. I've gone through quite a few already. My favorite is the Mage who refers to himself in the third person. It nevers gets old.

I've had someone else tell me that other creatures won't kill them, but if you accidentally... or purposefully :wacko: hit them yourself then they can be killed.

I've had someone else tell me that other creatures won't kill them, but if you accidentally... or purposefully :wacko: hit them yourself then they can be killed.

They will definitely die from other people/creatures. Ive had 2 die already. One of them had some dragon bones on him and I dont have any idea where the hell he died. Weak bastard.

Oh and save your money and dont buy a horse. They die too. Fast travel works better than anything else. Use the carriages to get around to the main cities.

They will definitely die from other people/creatures. Ive had 2 die already. One of them had some dragon bones on him and I dont have any idea where the hell he died. Weak bastard.

Oh and save your money and dont buy a horse. They die too. Fast travel works better than anything else. Use the carriages to get around to the main cities.

There is a horse you get during a quest that doesn't die (Frost) but I agree horses are pretty useless. I wouldn't buy one/

So, how do y'all get past the better half to play these games? Do you just turn the mute on or wait until your marriage is mature enough where you don't care what the other is doing? :wacko:

My wife goes to bed between 9 and 10, two hours before I do. In any case, if I said I wanted to play a game, she would just go read. However, our surround-sound speakers share a wall with our bedroom, and I had Modern Warfare cranked up a little too loud the other night, waking her up. Oops. :tup:

My wife goes to bed between 9 and 10, two hours before I do. In any case, if I said I wanted to play a game, she would just go read. However, our surround-sound speakers share a wall with our bedroom, and I had Modern Warfare cranked up a little too loud the other night, waking her up. Oops. :wacko:

Same here, I only play after the wife & kids go to bed & I use headphones.

Here is all that you need to know about follower death:

The game treats permanent followers in a similar way to "essential" NPCs, but still allowing the possibility of their death. When your follower would die due to an enemy attack or a trap, they will be incapacitated for some time and begin to recover their health, just like essential NPCs; enemies will stop attacking or targeting them during this time. However, if they lose all their health again during this period, they will die for good. Thus, you should try to move the fight away from them, so that they are not hit by a stray arrow or area-effect spell. They can also die if hit with a damage-over-time poison that is stronger than their health recovery. They can also die from enemy power-attacks, as well as your attacks.

If you strike your follower dead, on the other hand, there is no recovery. Attack carefully when your follower is low on health. Follower death by yourself, even accidentally, counts as murder on your crimes list.

Many temporary followers are "essential", so they cannot be killed, only incapacitated for a while. Non-essential ones will die immediately when struck down, just as ordinary NPCs.

To ensure follower healing, make sure you give them healing potions to carry in their inventory. This way, once a follower is "wounded" they may heal almost immediately and return to the battle. If a follower isn't carrying any healing items, you may have to wait until all enemies in the area are removed before they recover. You may also use the restoration spell like Healing Hands or Heal Other on your follower, which is beneficial to you as well since you will gain skills in Restoration.

:tup:

How does Civ 5 compare to say, Rome: Total War?

Never played Rome. You can get a game done in about 10-20 hours. Multiplayer can take forever.

My wife understands that vids are what I do instead of TV. Must've hooked a good one I guess. She will get on my case if I've been playing a lot but a couple hours 2-3 times a week and the odd late night are no big deal to her.

Now that my guy pretty much one shots everyone with his bow I'm officially growing bored with Skyrim, but it did take until I got to level 35 and had beaten most of the substantial side quests to do so. I'm sloughing through the main quest now and then I can put it down until any expansions come out.

It has been a fun ride though, one of the better PS3 titles in some time IMHO

D

Now that my guy pretty much one shots everyone with his bow I'm officially growing bored with Skyrim, but it did take until I got to level 35 and had beaten most of the substantial side quests to do so. I'm sloughing through the main quest now and then I can put it down until any expansions come out.

It has been a fun ride though, one of the better PS3 titles in some time IMHO

D

+1, i actually stopped playing because it got too easy. Still a great title, one of the best. I hope one day I can pick it up just to say I finished it, but I'm just going through the motions. I leveled almost everything I need to 100 and have crazy gear so it offers no challenge.

If you up the difficulty level, it should bring you guys more of a challenge.

There's all kinds of others things that you can do to make it more challenging. Ditch the followers, wear less armor, use less powerful weapons, don't use a bow, stop with the cheese/exploits in gaining levels or skills, limit spells to a certain school or a single element, don't use magic of any kind, limit youself to what you character could reasonably carry, etc.

Use your imagination.

:wacko:

No, the story of Arkham City picks up a year or so after Arkham Asylum ends but honestly, the story continuation really only happens for one character. The controls are similar so you can cut your teeth on Asylum if you like but really, playing City before Asylum is no big deal.

So I picked up Arkham City and am really enjoying it. Was wondering if the Arkham Bundle DLC pack is good enough to purchase, or is it a waste of money?

So I picked up Arkham City and am really enjoying it. Was wondering if the Arkham Bundle DLC pack is good enough to purchase, or is it a waste of money?

I didn't. Seems like filler to me. You can play as Nightwing and Robin for a couple different missions but nothing that looks deserving of that much money.

I'd get to bioshock if I were you. I finally played that game not too long ago and it is awesome. If I hadn't gotten sucked into Fallout New Vegas I'd be playing the sequel right now.

Finally finished Bioshock. Liked it lots. Am doing COD4: Modern Warfare.

I play all the games about 4 years after they come out ...

:wacko: