[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gotta vent

Kid Cid

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko:

Man, I was wasted last night. I barely remember posting that photo :lol:

We're having a dinner party tomorrow night, so my wife brought home a new bottle of whiskey and I woke up this morning to a third of it gone. Fook me.

Anywho, lesson learned, again... don't drink and post :tup: I do that way too much :rofl:

Being drunk is not an excuse for being an a-hole. Being an a-hole when you're drunk is a reason not to drink.

I'm cool with bikes for the most part. the thing that bothers me about bikers is they expect to have it both ways. they expect to be able to completely ignore all stop signs, lights, traffic rules, ride on the sidewalk when it suits them, and so on. but then they expect cars to give them all this respect.

I'm cool with bikes for the most part. the thing that bothers me about bikers is they expect to have it both ways. they expect to be able to completely ignore all stop signs, lights, traffic rules, ride on the sidewalk when it suits them, and so on. but then they expect cars to give them all this respect.

I'll admit, I'll do rolling stops through Stop signs. Mainly because my feet are locked into my peddles and I don't want to fall on my face attached to my bike...again. :wacko:

I'll admit, I'll do rolling stops through Stop signs. Mainly because my feet are locked into my peddles and I don't want to fall on my face attached to my bike...again. :wacko:

did i ever tell ya bout my MasterBike idea? if ya want a piece of this gem yer in for the advertising.OK

Exercise bike that is fitted with a roller of tongues in front of the seat, how you peddle is how you get off, was originally thinking female but i believe the sky's the limit with this idea

Me too. If you're in a group, the first to the stop sign ease into the intersection slowly and, provided there's nobody coming, yell "clear" back to everyone else. Assuming your group is small enough, it's a pretty safe practice. A victim-less crime, if you will.

+1

You hit the nail right on the head.

Me too. If you're in a group, the first to the stop sign ease into the intersection slowly and, provided there's nobody coming, yell "clear" back to everyone else. Assuming your group is small enough, it's a pretty safe practice. A victim-less crime, if you will.

Do you guys also yell "clear" when a guy wants to rim you but you just took a dump?

You guys are effing unreal.

For starters, like Opie says, not all cyclists are alike. The thing is, most "a-hole cyclists" do nothing more than slow down traffic. Sure, some are reckless, but most are just annoying. "A-hole motorists" who are fed up with "a-hole cyclists" do far worse, like run them off the road. In other words, essentially all the retribution that motorists take on the cycling community is dangerous (and yes, blaring your horn just as you pass a cyclist is dangerous) And therein lies the problem. Despite the fact that my group and I 1) don't ride in packs larger than about 10, 2) make a point of avoiding major roads (because, trust me, it's every bit as unnerving to have a car up your ass as it is to be in a car following a cyclist), and 3) always call out to each other when there's a car and do our damnedest to get over as far as possible as soon as possible. Despite all this, we might be the group that some aggressive prick comes across after having endured one too many a-holes on a bike, so we may be the group that they buzz past, throw something at, or worse.

As far as why we ride at rush hour. Like you, we have jobs. So, besides weekends, we can either ride in the morning or in the evening. Trust me, again, if we had it our way, we'd ride at 10am when nobody is on the road. I can't make this point enough, it is far worse being a cyclist on a busy road than it is a motorist. As a cyclist, you've got nothing the "ghey clothes" you're wearing to protect you. That said, very few of us have the luxury of being able to avoid at least one or two major roads to get to the better roads to ride.

There's a bit of perspective that those of us who ride have on those of you who don't. We're both motorists and cyclists. So, we understand both sides of it. You all, quite obviously, do not and should really shut your hole about most of this. Not the least of which is your lack of understanding about the clothes. Just because a pair of gym shorts and a t-shirt is fine for the 3x times per year you hop your cruiser and ride around the neighborhood, does not mean that's gonna cut it for a long ride. As for the "moose knuckle" and "man-boobs" bit, you guys are just making this crap up in an attempt to one-up each other in this little circle jerk of d-baggery. Yes, I think it's pretty effing funny seeing a fat dude in cycling clothes. We call them medicine balls. But, at least in every region I've lived, most guys who rock cycling gear are not fat. Also, cycling shorts have a massive pad at the crotch that, at very least, hides the view from behind. You really have to be looking for it, and I'd like to suggest that if you're riding that close to a cyclist (which you shouldn't be), you keep your eyes on the road rather than on his package. That's the part that really gets me. Every time this topic comes up, there's at least as much about the clothes as there is about the behavior. It's funny and pathetic at the same time. Get the hell over it.

And, then there's the other side of the coin. Hot women in cycling clothes. And there's at least as many of them as there are fat, hairy effers who offend your delicate sense of aesthetic. Get behind one of these ladies in a pace-line and it's pretty nice. Mostly because their shorts are also shorter. Again, very nice indeed.

Keggerz, I wish we had more bike paths where I live, but we don't. We've got one glass-strewn trail that's a few miles long that cuts through one of the most dangerous parts of town. Forgive me if I look elsewhere for my riding spot. Mostly, I wish we just had bike lanes. Because, like you, I also pay taxes.

So, our version of "share the road" means, every now and then, you're going to have to wait a bit to get around us. It seems like your version of "share the road" is "stay the hell of my g-damned road!" Sure, it makes for a better story when "every time you come across cyclists, they ride in a pack of 40 and don't get over, causing you to go 20 mph for 20 miles", but be honest, what you're really complaining about doesn't happen that way very often at all. Again, I've lived in cycling-heavy communities for most of my life and, while you think I might be more tolerant of a-holes on bikes, it's actually the opposite, because not only am I going through the same frustrations as a motorist that you are, I'm doubly pissed because I know that this guy is giving me a bad name and fostering the level of hate shown in this thread that may end up endangering me. Yet, despite this, I just don't see the crap that everyone insists is happening, seemingly all the time.

But you guys are right, Opie is the real dick here. Your little circle jerk of d-baggery and championing of border-line dangerous behavior is totally cool.

If you'd get off yer bike you coulda delivered my goddamn order by now!!!!!!!!

Okay, enough. Now I wanna know the back story here as well. Anyone gonna give it up?

budda lost a friend in a car crash and Opie pissed on the guy's grave.

Second post, now edited, Opie asserted that budda's friend was probably drunk when he crashed and proceded to go off on a diatribe about drunk driving. Really nice thing for a guy to read when he's mourning a friend. He then defended this choice when several guys pointed out it was in extremely poor taste, then finally admitted he was wrong.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...p;#entry3389823

I jog so my disdain for the vast majority of bikers has nothing to do with my commute. Just because you a-holes are doing 35 mph doesn't mean you own the f*cking trails.

There's this one particular stop sign as you exit Mockingbird by the lake that the bikers never stop at. When I am driving I come up on this stop sign and I go a speed where the folks on their bikes can't tell if I'm going to come to a full stop or a califronia stop. It forces them to do what they hate - obey the rules of the road and observe the stop sign. That's for almost killing me every time I'm dumb enough to try and take a jog around the lake.

I'm sure; however, that det and I could share the trails amicably.

Ah yes, so bikers are jerks for riding on precious road space....AND jerks for riding on multi-use rec trails.

Which essentially leaves them nowhere to ride.

bikers are not much of a bother where i reside because there are ample bike paths. it becomes more of an issue in areas where bikers and motorist have to share the space. honesty really don't care what they wear so long as they are considerate and obey traffic laws.

bikers are not much of a bother where i reside because there are ample bike paths. it becomes more of an issue in areas where bikers and motorist have to share the space. honesty really don't care what they wear so long as they are considerate and obey traffic laws.

I recall being on a group ride where we were riding two abreast but IN the bike lane (when you've got a bunch of people who can hold their line, you can ride pretty tight)...some woman hung back behind us while a car went past the other way, then gave us what we assumed was a pissed-off honk as she roared past us.

Probably because she'd had to slow down from 35 mph to 25 for almost FIVE SECONDS. Boy, what a massive inconvenience.

As for why, in general, a cyclist won't ride on a sidewalk/bike path and prefers the street - sidewalks and bike paths (or more accurately, multi-use paths) are filled with people joggin/walking/rollerblading/etc anywhere from 10 mph to 4 mph. Not to mention walking with their kids and/or dogs, who both tend to be a tad unpredictable.

If you're trying to get somewhere or do something resembling training, which can take place at anywhere from 25-35 mph (or faster), the safest place to do so is on the road, with other vehicular traffic. It's safer for everybody.

I think you guys are being too hard on Opie. The way I see it, he's just sorta oblivious to some social graces. I don't think he's intentionally trying to hurt someone. I mean, I sorta have a cruel sense of humor around various friends. It's not all that hard to imagine being drunk and on the huddle with many huddlers you consider 'friends' and being sloppy with your social awareness. I'm not saying I'd be dumb enough to do that, but I can imagine the harmless intent albeit poor judgement.

When people hold anger, especially after an apology is given, I dunno, kinda seems weak and immature, imo. The question is: are you really offended or are you just upset because it's what you perceive to be the 'correct' (widely accepted) emotion?