[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What? No Masters Thread?

Scooby's Hubby

Damn... I played it safe, and went with Tiger, Phil, Rory, Scott, Mahan, and Donald. I only picked Donald because I felt like he would be a popular pick in my league, and if I didn't take him (and he wins), it hurts me more than somebody else might. Should have gone with my gut, which was to leave Donald and Scott out, and pick my two sleepers (Stenson and Cink). Stenson is currently five under through eight holes, while Scott and Donald are a combined five over par.

Of course, it's still very early, and the cream usually rises to the top, even at Augusta. Really kicking myself for not taking a chance on Stenson, though, as I have a feeling he's going to be in the mix, into the weekend.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yikes... Stenson takes a snowman on 18, dropping him from a two-shot lead to T11. That didn't last long, although a one-under 71 still keeps him right in the mix, after Round 1. It will be interesting to see how he plays tomorrow, though, after leading all day, on pace to shoot mid-60's, only to give most of it back on one hole. Ouch.

Meanwhile, Westwood has no taken the lead, with Mahan, Dufner (and others) one shot back. Tiger, among a bunch of others, is sitting at one under par.

It's why I have never been a Tiger fan.

He does make it difficult to root for him when he acts like that. Now that he is struggling with his golf game we're seeing an immature side of Tiger that was never seen when he was on his golf game.

Unreal shot by Bubba on 10, how did he get it on the green from the woods on that second shot? Crazy

I thought Bubba was toast, I did not think he had a clear shot to the green and Oozehouse clearly had a good lie and angle. Bubba's shot will be another one of those they show over and over every year. He seems like a nice humble kid and a deserving champion.

Tiger on the other hand shows us again just what a true POS he is, zero respect for the game, the course or the spectators. Even with a chance to reflect afterwards, his "apology" is surly and not an apology at all. Kudos to CBS for barely showing him at all over the weekend. In years past he'd be covered as much as the leaders regardless of his score. I'd like to see Augusta suspend him from next year's tournament for his display on Friday but I doubt there will be any consequences at all, or maybe a slap on the wrist. What an a$$hole.

He does make it difficult to root for him when he acts like that. Now that he is struggling with his golf game we're seeing an immature side of Tiger that was never seen when he was on his golf game.

Disagree...we have seen this side of him all along. The exact reason I have never liked him. What's worse than the way he acted was his response to the people that were not hyappy with him. He is a disgrace.

Disagree...we have seen this side of him all along. The exact reason I have never liked him. What's worse than the way he acted was his response to the people that were not hyappy with him. He is a disgrace.

Yep. If you're a golf fan it would have been impossible not be in awe of him when he was in his prime. He just shredded the field, was head & shoulders above everyone. That one year he won the Masters by 10 strokes or whatever, just made it look effortless, how insane was that. Yet he looked absolutely miserable on the course the majority of the time, muttering to himself whenever he hit a bad shot. All the glory and accolades didn't ever seem to satisfy him and he never seemed to have any joy for the game. Like if he won a tournament it was because he was supposed to win it, and when he didn't, he failed that week and it was completely unacceptable. Most golfers are thrilled to win a major, even more so to win multiples. And they show some humility and respect in the process. Tiger has always been the prototypical spoiled, narcissistic, entitled athlete. You see it so much in other sports but rarely in golf.

• 2 weeks later...