[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manny retires

keggerz

"Major League Baseball recently notified Manny Ramirez of an issue under Major League Baseball's Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. Rather than continue with the process under the Program, Ramirez has informed MLB that he is retiring as an active player.

:wacko:

It looks like it might not have been on his terms.

Edited by buddahj

:wacko: guilty :tup:

if he never graduated high school, and baseball is played in the 2nd semester, how the hell was he playing baseball? No pass no play? from wikipedia below....

Ramirez attended George Washington High School, leaving at the age of 19 years old without graduating.[7] He was a 3-time All-City selection in baseball, and as a high school senior was named New York City Public School Player of the Year in 1991, after batting .615 with 14 home runs in 22 games. He was inducted into the New York City Public School Athletic Hall of Fame in 1999.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

:wacko: guilty :tup:

if he never graduated high school, and baseball is played in the 2nd semester, how the hell was he playing baseball? No pass no play? from wikipedia below....

Ramirez attended George Washington High School, leaving at the age of 19 years old without graduating.[7] He was a 3-time All-City selection in baseball, and as a high school senior was named New York City Public School Player of the Year in 1991, after batting .615 with 14 home runs in 22 games. He was inducted into the New York City Public School Athletic Hall of Fame in 1999.

I think you answered your own question.

Just another cheater in a long line of cheaters. It seems the way a cheater handles themselves dictates the publics reaction. If you were a dousch bag, a la bonds , cheater the public wants to see you fry. If you were a nice cheater, a la Andy Pettite, it gets swept under the rug a little bit.

These guys are all mud to me. The minute you get caught cheating I erase your accomplishments. Thats just me though. God bless you Ken Griffey Jr :wacko:

Edited by whomper

Just another cheater in a long line of cheaters. It seems the way a cheater handles themselves dictates the publics reaction. If you were a dousch bag, a la bonds , cheater the public wants to see you fry. If you were a nice cheater, a la Andy Pettite, it gets swept under the rug a little bit.

These guys are all mud to me. The minute you get caught cheating I erase your accomplishments. Thats just me though. God bless you Ken Griffey Jr :wacko:

I hope you view the vast majority of stars in the 70s and 80s cheaters as well.

I hope you view the vast majority of stars in the 70s and 80s cheaters as well.

I have no way of knowing who was and who wasnt doing them in the 70's and 80's. It became officially illegal in baseball in 2002 I believe or banned in 2005. I googled it and got conflicting reports

edit to add: I am not being Naive. i know it was done and probably pretty rampant, but how do you pin point those players ?

Edited by whomper

• 2 weeks later...
I have no way of knowing who was and who wasnt doing them in the 70's and 80's. It became officially illegal in baseball in 2002 I believe or banned in 2005. I googled it and got conflicting reports

I guess that whole illegal by federal law thing isn't as compelling a reason to not agree with it before baseball finally said it was illegal?

I guess that whole illegal by federal law thing isn't as compelling a reason to not agree with it before baseball finally said it was illegal?

When it became illegal in baseball people started getting nailed for it through testing which is concrete evidence. Blindly saying everyone did it in the 70's but not having any smoking gun evidence makes it hard to indict an entire era of baseball. I know it was done and I am sure by a high percentage but without the proof that we have from testing after baseball banned it, its speculation

When it became illegal in baseball people started getting nailed for it through testing which is concrete evidence. Blindly saying everyone did it in the 70's but not having any smoking gun evidence makes it hard to indict an entire era of baseball. I know it was done and I am sure by a high percentage but without the proof that we have from testing after baseball banned it, its speculation

I don't disagree. I've never really thought about 'roids in the '70s, I thought uppers and such were the biggies in that era.

I don't disagree. I've never really thought about 'roids in the '70s, I thought uppers and such were the biggies in that era.

That and whippits. The 70's was know for performance enhancing whippits

Edited by whomper

• 4 weeks later...

I would look at players who had big power numbers for a year or three and then big drops (ala Brady Anderson) and/or careers marred by repeated injuries (ala Mark McGwire) as being possible cheaters.

Dave Kingman

Jim Rice

George Foster

Andre Dawson

...etc...

I :heart: the MLB HOF.

:wacko: