[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2011 NHL Playoff Thread

Menudo

No kidding...2 shutouts in 4 games. He's been unbelievable.

He literally stole the game last night...he was phenomenally poised in the face of rush after rush, and multiple bodies and skirmishes in front of the net.

I like that 2 of the next 3 are in Philly....but Game 5 decides this series.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Rangers. Go Sabres. Go Canadians.

I hate the Rangers and Canadians, but the Flyers, Caps and Bruins are the better teams, so I have to alter my alliances. Lol.

If Crosby can get back on the ice, the Pens may make a run, we shall see. Go Penguins!!!!!!! :wacko:

Go Rangers. Go Sabres. Go Canadians.

I hate the Rangers and Canadians, but the Flyers, Caps and Bruins are the better teams, so I have to alter my alliances. Lol.

If Crosby can get back on the ice, the Pens may make a run, we shall see. Go Penguins!!!!!!! :wacko:

This is probably a rediculous comment, and as strange as it sounds to say about one of the best players on the planet, but they may be better off without him right now. The chemistry and juju they seem to have right now is crazy. Bringing him back in could really change the way some of these guys have been picking up the slack. As much as I hate the Pens, you really have to give it to Bylsma. That guy is one hell of a coach.

Pens are getting owned. :wacko:

Anyone watching the game? Is it as bad as the score suggests?

Yes, it was bad. The Pens dominated the first 3/4 of the 1st period, but, the Lightning scored 2 goals quickly and it went downhill quick from there.

ssshhhhhhhh........the defending champs are still breathing. if the hawks can withstand what should be a furious onslaught in the first ten minutes of game 7, and score the first goal of the game. oh for it to be a soft goal too, let luongo really start ?ing himself. if those things happen, then the hawks will complete the comeback. on the other hand, if the nucks score first, and especially get up by 2 goals at any point, then its game over.

regardless of who wins, if it is the nucks, i just dont see a cup final in their future. team seems to be built more for the reg season than the playoffs.

This is probably a rediculous comment, and as strange as it sounds to say about one of the best players on the planet, but they may be better off without him right now. The chemistry and juju they seem to have right now is crazy. Bringing him back in could really change the way some of these guys have been picking up the slack. As much as I hate the Pens, you really have to give it to Bylsma. That guy is one hell of a coach.

I respect your opinion, but disagree completely regarding Crosby. The best player in the world will not disrupt their chemistry, his return alone would be a hugh pyschological boost which they could use.

Agree on Byslma, he's doing a helluva job without a lot of top players. Notice how bad their PK has been since Cooke was suspended? They really miss him as well, he's one of their best penalty killers. Granted, he got what he deserved, but he really hurt his team with his idiotic actions.

regardless of who wins, if it is the nucks, i just dont see a cup final in their future. team seems to be built more for the reg season than the playoffs.

Isn't it odd how so many teams seem to fit that statement in recent years? The San Jose Sharks were the epitome of that statement as they could never make it in the playoffs. Last year the Capitals fit that statement perfectly as well. The Canucks haven/t made a deep run in the playoffs for some time now either. They have had 8 playoff appearances since their run at the Cup in 1994 and have never made it out of the semis. While not all of those teams had the talent this one has had, they're another that can't seem to take it to the next level.

Isn't it odd how so many teams seem to fit that statement in recent years? The San Jose Sharks were the epitome of that statement as they could never make it in the playoffs. Last year the Capitals fit that statement perfectly as well. The Canucks haven/t made a deep run in the playoffs for some time now either. They have had 8 playoff appearances since their run at the Cup in 1994 and have never made it out of the semis. While not all of those teams had the talent this one has had, they're another that can't seem to take it to the next level.

I think the Caps and Flyers downfalls will be goaltending. As for Vancouver, they have the goaltending, but decided not to use it. :wacko:

Good goalies bounce back after bad outings. You wanna play musical goalies in Philly I understand that because none of the 3 are top notch goalies. But you don't bench Tim Thomas or Marc Andre Fluery or Ryan Miller. You pull them if they're getting killed, but you don't bench them in the next game. Benching Luongo was pretty f'in stoooopid.

I think the Caps and Flyers downfalls will be goaltending. As for Vancouver, they have the goaltending, but decided not to use it. :wacko:

Good goalies bounce back after bad outings. You wanna play musical goalies in Philly I understand that because none of the 3 are top notch goalies. But you don't bench Tim Thomas or Marc Andre Fluery or Ryan Miller. You pull them if they're getting killed, but you don't bench them in the next game. Benching Luongo was pretty f'in stoooopid.

I honestly think it will be their offense that lets them down if anything. The CAPS goalies are both young and pretty much inexperienced but have played well. Their D has improved but they have struggled in scoring lately.

awesome finish..... kings get a debatable 5 min at 16.36 of the 3rd. goes to ot and la dominated. sharks were tired and couldn't clear their zone or get a line change. kill the penalty and start up ice and nail the game winner with some good pressure around the net.

Methinks the Pens are gonna be playing golf with the Rangers pretty soon. PP is embarassing, PK is terrible, goaltending has gone soft, etc., etc., etc. :wacko: Would like to see a little more heart and anger and determination, seems like they don't feel like they can win right now. A lot of that has to do with excellent play by the Lightning, not trying to take anything away from them.

Methinks the Pens are gonna be playing golf with the Rangers pretty soon. PP is embarassing, PK is terrible, goaltending has gone soft, etc., etc., etc. :wacko: Would like to see a little more heart and anger and determination, seems like they don't feel like they can win right now. A lot of that has to do with excellent play by the Lightning, not trying to take anything away from them.

And what was up with the mishandling of the puck on the penalty shot?

most talented team in the league won game seven in OT tonite on a give away. still dont see them making the finals. also, not on a sour note, because i really think the nucks are the more talented team this time around, but...........its game seven of a playoff series, that whistle on the should have been goal for the hawks was way way way too quick for the situation.

that being said, as a hawks fan, i enjoyed this series nearly as much as the playoffs last year, and think this series means alot for our team going forward. i think we may have a top 5 goalie in the making in crawford, and may have figured out who our young talent really is, because it isnt who we thought it was and played all year long.

go preds