[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2011 NHL Playoff Thread

Menudo

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great series...hate to see the Sharks pull it out but they are a damn good team. I will be rooting for the Lightning going forward simply because of Steve Yzerman and I love me some underdogs.

What a great series. Six games decided by 1 goal, and the other game had an empty netter. I'm a casual hockey fan, but I admit I'm pumped for the Sharks. My wife and I went to two playoff games (her idea), and we've had so much fun we're thinking of getting a pack of games for next season.

What a great series. Six games decided by 1 goal, and the other game had an empty netter. I'm a casual hockey fan, but I admit I'm pumped for the Sharks. My wife and I went to two playoff games (her idea), and we've had so much fun we're thinking of getting a pack of games for next season.

:wacko:

I said it before, I am rooting for a Sharks - Lightning Finals, with the Sharks winning the Cup. :tup:

Edited by Hugh 0ne

damn, damn, damn. congrats sharks you fought a good battle. i would have loved to have seen what could have been w/o the injuries but injuries are part of the game and no excuse. despite all of the guys not playing and leaving early i wonder what is up with datsyuk. not taking faceoffs was big and thorton was a beast all night, even though he cheated most of the time. :tup: but if he is hurt enough to not be able to take faceoffs and still be able to do what he did, damn impressive.

never like to lose but it was a gritty effort and i am strangly at peace with it. if thorton can keep up his monster performance and the rest of that team can stay at that level they will destroy the nucks. i just dont think they are tough enough up stairs to deal with that SJ team. of course thats easy to say when that SJ team just took out my boys.

oh, and F west coast games. i dont think i will be staying up that late very often for 2 teams i just dont like. :wacko:

From an email my friend just sent me:

The Sharks-Red Wings series was the first playoff series in NHL history in which six games were decided by one goal, according to Elias. All seven games would have been one-goal games if it wasn't for Darren Helm's empty-net goal in Game 6

Three buddies and myself have been going to HP for past 13 years (guy's night out, 10x). Have a blast!! oh, and the wife and I go about 3-5 times ourselves. Great entertainment, throughly enjoy it more than the other option in winter time.

Rooting for a Sharks-Lightning final as well.

Most hated teams

1. Flyers - Always have and always will. Love Briere though.

2. Pens - I always felt like they tanked on purpose and then got rewarded in landing 2 of the best players in the world.

3. Boston - how can anyone like that goon, Chara?

4. Carolina - they couldn't sell out every game during their stanley cup run. Don't deserve a team.

5. Ottawa - They suck so they are number 5. Would be #2 if they were good. Can you say "I hate Chris Neil"?

game 1- final 30 min of the game made me sick. couldn't control the puck or create much offense

game 2- while it was still close, thought the sharks got a little hoses with some non-calls, but pretty outplayed

game 3- necessary rebound. still almost let them back in.

getting really tired of poor 3rd period play

Geez, I'm missing a lot of games lately................ :wacko:

But that being said - really? Tampa started Mike Smith last night over Roloson? I've been very supportive of Boucher and his decision making, but I don't know about that one. Granted Smith only let in 2 goals and Thomas stood on his head last night, but I gotta think Roloson gives you a much better chance to win a low scoring game. Sure he let in a soft goal in game 4, but he's a veteran who will bounce back. It isn't like they've played rotating goalies all season. Just an odd decision made by the Tampa coach there.

And the Sharks hopefully will skate tonight with their heads outside of their arses for a change and maybe, just maybe try to stay out of the penalty box.