[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The inner worlds of conspiracy believers

bushwacked

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To tell you the truth, I cannot say that I agree or disagree with your ideas. I haven't read too much about them. But that is because you make what you say very easy to dismiss when you put yourself above most of the folk here. I see the way you treat people and the way you view yourself as very irrational. It comes across as delutional and makes what you trying to communicate to others seem like a big waste of time.

You haven't read too many of my posts if that's what you think. Either that or you only focus on the few posts where I've name called because I'm being cornered. Either way, you're way off base.

"The way I treat people" - please. You have no clue what you're talking about.

E2A: Your post only supports that you're a flaming troll because you're always really quick to call me out, yet you don't even understand my arguments or what I'm talking about. :wacko:

Edited by Brentastic

You haven't read too many of my posts if that's what you think. Either that or you only focus on the few posts where I've name called because I'm being cornered. Either way, you're way off base.

"The way I treat people" - please. You have no clue what you're talking about.

E2A: Your post only supports that you're a flaming troll because you're always really quick to call me out, yet you don't even understand my arguments or what I'm talking about. :wacko:

When you are cornered? Who is cornering you, buddy? How do they corner you? By disagreeing with you?

edited to add: I am not quick to call you out on your views on banking and such, just the way I see you talk down to others. I might not care to learn more about the first thing - but I believe that I have a pretty firm understanding of the second.

Edited by Duchess Jack

When you are cornered? Who is cornering you, buddy? How do they corner you? By disagreeing with you?

edited to add: I am not quick to call you out on your views on banking and such, just the way I see you talk down to others. I might not care to learn more about the first thing - but I believe that I have a pretty firm understanding of the second.

If you don't know what you're talking about, then why do you keep on with this argument? You're trolling. If you have issue with how I 'talk down' to people, you should bring that up in the specific thread in which it occurs. Otherwise, you're being a troll.

As a matter of fact dawg, here's a pencil,

go home, write some SHAM WOW!, make it suspenseful;

and don't come back 'til somethin' dope hits you.

Muck it, you can take the mic home wit' you. :handsDuchessJackthemic:

I'm sorry, did I go to the wrong thread? And here I thought the original post wasn't about your views in particular, but rather about conspiricy theory nonsense. Maybe, just maybe - how conspiracy theorists interact with others who don't believe in what they are selling, is kind of relevant to this topic.

someone like me who believes 9-11 was an inside job

Really, dude? REALLY??? :shakeshead:

Some of your stuff I'm somewhat on board with, particularly the idea that the big agribusiness companies with their unchecked greed and consolidation of the food supply, genetically modified seeds etc could be very dangerous. I'm concerned about that. But here is where we branch off -- you take it a step further and say they want to kill us and outlaw backyard gardens. When I look it, I see a growing movement for sustainable living, more and more people starting home gardens and community gardens, and people really taking an interest in nutrition and where their food comes from. I'm not worried that it will be illegal to grow tomatoes in my back yard, because citizens won't stand for it. I think the two sides can and will coexist -- the big corporations churning out garbage food and the morons that consume it, and the rest of us who are educated and refuse to participate in that. It's really that simple.

Do you find it to be a coincidence that you believe more than one conspiracy theory? Do you think any of them are probably crap?

Your stupidity and close-mindedness never disappoints!!

For some reason, you along with many others find an article and post it as truth to prove your opinion or point of view. So according to you, Bruce Bowers of Science News must know everything there is to know about the world.

Moving on to the negative connotation associated with the term 'conspiracy theory'. Let's define the two terms:

After reading the definitions, why does conspiracy theory get so much blind ridicule? Obviously ALL theories must be scrutinized, but something labeled "conspiracy theory" is automatically blindly dismissed without proper discourse. The answer is probably because 'they' have intentionally done so through the media to prohibit real information from being taken seriously.

Anything I've said regarding elite bankers (i.e. Federal Reserve) can be backed by factual evidence. It seems that people who put such a heavy negative attachment to the term are the people most easily swayed by propoganda and don't fully seek out evidence. You prefer to read articles on yahoo and allow them to shape your thoughts and ideas. I use critical thinking in conjunction with reading information from ALL angles.

Right now I'm reading a book titled "The Coming Battle: The True History of our National Debt". This book was written over 100 years ago, even before the Federal Reserve was created. This book is outlining the very things I profess regularly about money and banking. This book was written when common citizens were better informed and closer to the situation. This book takes it's evidence from congressional documents, newspaper articles and documented letters (from Presidents and other political leaders).

I've been blessed with the rare ability to understand real truth and I seek it out. I'm sorry that you are so easily brain-washed. Maybe for once you should get info from another point of view other than the standard one. There are plenty of people much smarter than me who see the truths of the world. Unfortunately herdish behavior is more prevalent and you're a victim of group think.

You know. I understand what your saying and I try to do the same thing. But the reality is that you can read any article or book or research you want on either side of really any situation and never be sure your getting the whole truth. I'm sure there are plenty of articles about how 9/11 was not done by terrorists with evidence to support it, just as there are plenty of articles of how 9/11 was terrorist led with evidence to support it.

It really comes down to what do you want to believe.

Really, dude? REALLY??? :shakeshead:

Some of your stuff I'm somewhat on board with, particularly the idea that the big agribusiness companies with their unchecked greed and consolidation of the food supply, genetically modified seeds etc could be very dangerous. I'm concerned about that. But here is where we branch off -- you take it a step further and say they want to kill us and outlaw backyard gardens. When I look it, I see a growing movement for sustainable living, more and more people starting home gardens and community gardens, and people really taking an interest in nutrition and where their food comes from. I'm not worried that it will be illegal to grow tomatoes in my back yard, because citizens won't stand for it. I think the two sides can and will coexist -- the big corporations churning out garbage food and the morons that consume it, and the rest of us who are educated and refuse to participate in that. It's really that simple.

Do you find it to be a coincidence that you believe more than one conspiracy theory? Do you think any of them are probably crap?

I agree with the bolded above and I think the reason the movement exists is because people are becoming more aware of impending doom and conflict between the masses and the elite/government. However, this movement does not eliminate the fact that global elitists would prefer a smaller population to control. There is plenty of evidence that suggest HR 875 was an idea originated 40+ years ago with a target date of 2009.

If you don't believe that the global elite control the world then you're certainly not going to believe a lot of what I'm saying. Most people can't get passed that claim (that elite rule the world including governments) but if you put some real hours into researching history, you'll find that the wealthy have always controlled the masses - it's the norm, not the exception. With technology and media, people today simply don't have the time, the desire or the willingness to seek out truth or at leat fact check the new they're reading. It's easier to watch the news, read the headlines, believe it and move on with your day - afterall, that itouch is calling your name and so is that 50+ hour a week job and the playoff game and the barstool right next to the jukebox.

You're right though, in the case of HR 875, the people spoke but there have been a million different laws passed that favor a few and harm the rest - and the people weren't loud enough. For every 'victory' we the people earn, there are thousands we lose. We're up against a system created by our opponents. A system that is hundreds (thousands) years old and they are creator and master of the game. We the people only have numbers on our side but unfortunately the majority of those numbers have been tricked into believing a particular perception that is not at all reality.

I agree with the bolded above and I think the reason the movement exists is because people are becoming more aware of impending doom and conflict between the masses and the elite/government. However, this movement does not eliminate the fact that global elitists would prefer a smaller population to control. There is plenty of evidence that suggest HR 875 was an idea originated 40+ years ago with a target date of 2009.

If you don't believe that the global elite control the world then you're certainly not going to believe a lot of what I'm saying. Most people can't get passed that claim (that elite rule the world including governments) but if you put some real hours into researching history, you'll find that the wealthy have always controlled the masses - it's the norm, not the exception. With technology and media, people today simply don't have the time, the desire or the willingness to seek out truth or at leat fact check the new they're reading. It's easier to watch the news, read the headlines, believe it and move on with your day - afterall, that itouch is calling your name and so is that 50+ hour a week job and the playoff game and the barstool right next to the jukebox.

You're right though, in the case of HR 875, the people spoke but there have been a million different laws passed that favor a few and harm the rest - and the people weren't loud enough. For every 'victory' we the people earn, there are thousands we lose. We're up against a system created by our opponents. A system that is hundreds (thousands) years old and they are creator and master of the game. We the people only have numbers on our side but unfortunately the majority of those numbers have been tricked into believing a particular perception that is not at all reality.

It's become all too clear to me over the past 10 years that an elite class runs this country. I'm conflicted about living in a place that seems to have a lot of evil and corruption in its top layers, while I go about making a cozy life for myself. I just don't think there is a hell of a lot I can do about it, and LCD screens are really cheap now. We're shopping for houses with pools in Georgia, who knew I could ever afford such a luxury? I'm not going to be the one kook on my block screaming about impending doom, I'm going to go to as many concerts as I can, and play fantasy football, and spend a week in St. John next February, and if the calamity comes, I can at least say I had a blast.

I imagine the above paragraph drives you nuts and you'll say that's what is wrong with the world. But I didn't ask to be born into this. I'm getting through it as best I can and I'm not going to stress about a boogieman that I'll never be able to catch.

You know. I understand what your saying and I try to do the same thing. But the reality is that you can read any article or book or research you want on either side of really any situation and never be sure your getting the whole truth. I'm sure there are plenty of articles about how 9/11 was not done by terrorists with evidence to support it, just as there are plenty of articles of how 9/11 was terrorist led with evidence to support it.

It really comes down to what do you want to believe.

That is a valid point, especially concerning history. History has so much ambiguity behind it and the motivations of the characters play such a vital role in trying to decipher the truth and nobody can ever be sure about another man's motivations. All I can say is that when I come to a conclusion about something, I do a lot of fact checking. I don't take data at face value, I dig behind the claims. So many people have a bad habit of reading an article and using that as 'evidence' to back their point of view because the person writing the article is perceived to be more 'credible'. At the end of the day it's still just one man's opinion and maybe not even the opinion of an educated man in that field (depending on the source).

BTW, if you just watch a video of WTC 7 collapsing, it seems obvious, at least to me, that it was a controlled demolition. But I'm not going to get into that here.

It's become all too clear to me over the past 10 years that an elite class runs this country. I'm conflicted about living in a place that seems to have a lot of evil and corruption in its top layers, while I go about making a cozy life for myself. I just don't think there is a hell of a lot I can do about it, and LCD screens are really cheap now. We're shopping for houses with pools in Georgia, who knew I could ever afford such a luxury? I'm not going to be the one kook on my block screaming about impending doom, I'm going to go to as many concerts as I can, and play fantasy football, and spend a week in St. John next February, and if the calamity comes, I can at least say I had a blast.

I imagine the above paragraph drives you nuts and you'll say that's what is wrong with the world. But I didn't ask to be born into this. I'm getting through it as best I can and I'm not going to stress about a boogieman that I'll never be able to catch.

You're exactly right, it IS what's wrong with the world (America). The masses are too complacent. This is exactly why America was created in the first place and it's exactly what our founding fathers warned us of. I guess it's all on how you view life and how you react when you know you're being wronged. I don't hate you for your approach alone because it's how most people approach it - it's also how I used to approach the world. But I was mis-informed then (or just young and dumb). What's bothersome about your first paragraph is that you seem to be one of the few who understands what is going on but yet you're still ok with it?!?!?!

Well I grow tomatoes and plenty of other vegies, not due to impending doom, but I am HUNGRY and like to eat. Fresh Vegies are always way better!!!

They go great with my fresh chicken eggs, some toast with a spalsh of fresh honey from the bees, milk and chese from the goats and lets not forget the damn best bacon your ever gonna eat from the pigs.....I say Try and shut me down or make it illegal to do these things...I also got plenty firepower to persuade you to stay the hell off my LAWN ( using best Clint Eastwood voice )

BTW, if you just watch a video of WTC 7 collapsing, it seems obvious, at least to me, that it was a controlled demolition. But I'm not going to get into that here.

I work with explosives and have seen my fair share of demolitions and Brent is RIGHT ON !!!! besides bldg 7 never got hit ....

:wacko:

So does this mean you agree with me or at the very least you agree that the 'official' release of what happened on 9-11 may not be the truth?

hmm. so people are growing their own tomatoes because of impending doom and conflict between the masses and the elite. who knew?

Damn, and I thought I was co-op'n the garden with the neighbor because he was growing more than he could eat (and he likes to drink my homebrew).

It just makes my day when individual huddlers agree with varying segments of my 'conspiracy theories'. Yet according to some, I'm just a quack. You say toe-may-toe I say truth seeker. And don't let the conspiring minds let you believe that seeking the truth is a bad thing (bushwacked does) cuz it's not a bad thing, it's a very good thing.

It's largely a pointless debate (not that that ever stopped us in the past)

I come down to this...is there any evidence that could convince you that the conspiracies you believe in are untrue?

On the other side, is there any evidence that could convince you that the conspiracies you don't believe are true?

In more cases than not the answer to both cases is no, or if it is yes, folks have a hard time articulating "what" that evidence would be that would convince them they are wrong.

It's largely a pointless debate (not that that ever stopped us in the past)

I come down to this...is there any evidence that could convince you that the conspiracies you believe in are untrue?

On the other side, is there any evidence that could convince you that the conspiracies you don't believe are true?

In more cases than not the answer to both cases is no, or if it is yes, folks have a hard time articulating "what" that evidence would be that would convince them they are wrong.

I was just wondering why this thread wasn't closed already, there's nothing good that can come from a nonsensical thread like this.....especially when you see who the OP is.....

"it's like groundhog day".....every time I see the name...

Well you certainly can't. You can't handle it, can't see it. If truth were snow, you couldn't hit it if you fell off a ski lift.

If the truth were a broad side of a barn I couldn't hit it with a tomato I grew in my neighbor's garden to keep the socially elite from poisoning me to death. :wacko:

You're exactly right, it IS what's wrong with the world (America). The masses are too complacent. This is exactly why America was created in the first place and it's exactly what our founding fathers warned us of. I guess it's all on how you view life and how you react when you know you're being wronged. I don't hate you for your approach alone because it's how most people approach it - it's also how I used to approach the world. But I was mis-informed then (or just young and dumb). What's bothersome about your first paragraph is that you seem to be one of the few who understands what is going on but yet you're still ok with it?!?!?!

I'm not okay with the idiots in Washington and the lack of choices we have for leadership, and I'm not okay with how the financial markets are run, particularly what I've learned since the financial crisis (crazed mega-wealthy imbeciles playing the market like a casino and no accountability when it all went up in smoke), and I am especially bothered by the influence wielded by corporations. I've watched all the Netflix docs about peak oil, and Wal-Mart, and Bush and Iraq and all the rest of it, and no, I'm not "okay" with how things are going. For the longest time I've said I won't have kids because I cringe when I think of how things will be in 50 years. Looks like the wife may be winning that argument though.

The bottom line is just what I have already said, I'm trying to get through it comfortably. I work for one of those big corporations and I get really excited about our state of the art communications products and the fact that so many other huge corporations look to us first for their global networking solutions (okay, not excited, but I'm you know, dialed in). I'm giving them the best years of my life and trying to move up the ladder so I'm not one of the poor saps who get canned in their early 50s because we don't want to pay them a big pension. I jam up my 401K but I'm scared the market will crash again or the dollar will collapse.

It's weird, if I drive through a subdivision and I look at the guys with their identical Fisher Price crap for their kids to play on and their stainless steel grills, I have sort of a loathsome feeling that I can't quite put my finger on. Same as when I drive by a McDonalds and I see a line of cars around it, or when I go to the supermarket before a snow storm and it's jam packed with idiots loading up on milk and eggs, even though the forecast calls for 2 inches followed by 50 degree temps. It's really not difficult to see why this mass of human schlubbery is so easily led and manipulated.

And yet here I am chasing after the same middle-class trappings as everyone else. When I move back to Atlanta, most likely my house will be one of those McMansions with the multi-pitched roofs and 2-story foyers that I hate, but they are the newest and my wife will rave about the school district, and I'll have to talk to my jackass neighbors, and I'll fire up my stainless steel grill every night and eat Costco steaks. But, I'll have a nice yard to get lost in on weekends. I'll buy a boatload of perennials and I'll grow vegetables. Steve from next door will tell me he doesn't know how I can do all that work and I'll smile but want to shoot him. But if he likes the same bands I do, maybe we'll go to a show.

I don't know what else to do, live in a shack and write angry manifestos? As it is, my wife tells me I'm too much of a downer when I talk about the state of the world.

Bottom line, life is about love, relationships, family, friends, music, a good beach that isn't too crowded, and a top-5 RB that you drafted in the 6th round. I want to fill my life with enough of those before the sh!t hits the fan. The rest of it I'll tolerate because I have to.