Sign in to follow this  
KevinL

Going Back To School

I haven't been around as much lately as I was a few years back, but I wanted to post a major development in my life.

I was awarded a Woodrow Wilson Teaching Fellowship. This is a program for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math) professionals to go back to school for 1 year to get a Masters in Education. There are 4 schools in Ohio and 20 students per school. I got 1 of the 20 slots to go to John Carroll!

This will obviously be a huge change. Plan is to make it through the year on the stipend, my wife's day-care business, and some withdrawals from the retirement account.

But I've known for a long time that teaching is what I really want to do (and should be doing), so having a chance to get the degree in 1 year and get a stipend to help get through it is a terrific opportunity.

Call me crazy if you like but wish me luck!

• Like 1

I haven't been around as much lately as I was a few years back, but I wanted to post a major development in my life.

I was awarded a Woodrow Wilson Teaching Fellowship. This is a program for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math) professionals to go back to school for 1 year to get a Masters in Education. There are 4 schools in Ohio and 20 students per school. I got 1 of the 20 slots to go to John Carroll!

This will obviously be a huge change. Plan is to make it through the year on the stipend, my wife's day-care business, and some withdrawals from the retirement account.

But I've known for a long time that teaching is what I really want to do (and should be doing), so having a chance to get the degree in 1 year and get a stipend to help get through it is a terrific opportunity.

Call me crazy if you like but wish me luck!

Good luck!

Edited by yo mama

You're crazy.

Good luck!

don't buy pencils,notebooks and those big erasers, they use laptops now and recording devices, can ya run track too :wacko:

:wacko: Awesome news Kev, best of luck with everything

Congrats and best of luck!

Before you fully commit, how good is the football team at John Carroll? What mascot?

You have to look at all the aspects before making the call. :wacko:

Seriously though... good luck and wish you the best.

Edited by millerx

Kevin, you have always been a dedicated and determined person that seems to accomplish whatever you set out to do. This endeavor will be no different. Good luck brother :wacko:

Kevin, you have always been a dedicated and determined person that seems to accomplish whatever you set out to do. This endeavor will be no different. Good luck brother :wacko:

:Farley: Remember when KevinL thwarted that pizza killer, i do, THAT WAS AWESOME remember that

This will obviously be a huge change.

Guy's gonna be a teacher and he doesn't even know how to spell hugh. . . GL with that.

Good luck! That looks like a great job opportunity!!! :wacko:

This is a great and inspirational story. Best of luck man. My daughter goes to a STEM school and is set to start High School next year. Becoming a teacher is already on her short list.

Congrats :wacko: