[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yesterdays tornadoes.

tbimm

Watching the video footage of the aftermath really brings me back to what I saw after Katrina. Honestly it puts a lump in my throat to see this. I hope if we have any Huddlers in those areas that they are all OK and I pray for those who are still missing.

Been following this closely as my S-I-L's whole family lives in Alabama. So far the news from them is good.

Cannot believe the damage that has been leveled on those states. With luck all Huddlers in those areas are safe...both body, soul, and property.

My parents drove down to Alabama on Sunday to see a sick relative. They're returning today. It was all around them, but they are fine.

Somehow our house avoided even rain.

Really bad year and more today it seems.

Edited by TimC

My best friend teaches at the University of Alabama. He is ok. I just asked him what is going on at UofA and he replied "Absolutely nothing. They cancelled classes. There are so many dead. They are still finding bodies. It's grim." (Last year my friend's mom was almost killed in one of the tornados that hit Mississippi--her house was destroyed and she was punned under debries. He just sent me this text too "April is a tough weather month down here. Tornados just rip SHAM WOW! up. I've been through this once with my mother. Let me tell you, pictures do not convey how bad it is on the ground. All those dead animals just get left to rot.")

In NW Georgia there are 80,000 to 100,000 chickens running around free after their houses were destroyed. I'm heading north wih some wire mesh over the bed of the pickup. Hey, Det, what you pay for free range chickens? I can get you about 1,000 of 'em by this evening if the price is right.

It is very sad to hear what happened in AL and NW GA, bunch of people killed and homes/businesses destroyed. Luckily for us in the ATL it skirted just north of us.

We had a microburst here monday night about 3/4 mile north of me. Lots ( I mean thousands) of trees down and many through houses. We were out of power for 8 hours. Tuesday night there was one reported heading directly toward our subdivision. I went outside to look for it. As the wall cloud approached (500 feet?) I shut the door as a strong wind hit me. It nearly blew me down and was so strong it blew dust off of my ceiling fan. I have some limbs down and shingles missing. Good times

In NW Georgia there are 80,000 to 100,000 chickens running around free after their houses were destroyed. I'm heading north wih some wire mesh over the bed of the pickup.

it is good of you to help--my friend sent me this text about what he went through last year:

The thing I hate and hated last year was that the news trucks swoop in like vultures. I'm busting my ass, by myself to salvage sh|t while my mother is in the hospital. These trucks come through and look. They don't help. Then f**king tourists come and watch me moving a f**king sofa by myself and don't offer to help. I don't shower or sleep for 4 days and the only person that even thought to help was ____. Not a soul who was 10 feet away.

I had a really tough night last night and up early to go to two different doctor appointments. I heard very little about the tornadoes other than they happened. For about the last hour I have been checking all the horrible details.

My God I hope all our Huddle families are safe. This is so tragic and overwhelming. I am just horrified at the aftermath.

My stepmom was in Tuscaloosa but is ok. My sister lives just outside Birmingham and they had 2 trees blown over. Not too bad given the circumstances.

I drove through Hoover, AL about 15 years ago a couple of weeks after an F5 tornado touched down and it looked like a big bulldozer had just plowed a path 3 football fields wide flat to the ground. In some ways it was more eerie than the Katrina destruction because the trees and bushes and everything are flattened, not just the houses.

We had some pretty bad weather here Monday and Tuesday night. Actually had a small tornado touch down in the city. My wife and kids had gone to a play at the local university and initial reports were it had hit the university. It took me 20 minutes to get in touch with my wife. That was 20 of the most stressful minutes of my life. All is good here. Very little damage, the power was out for about 20 hours at my house. Mostly trees knocked down. There was some real damage about 45 miles away where a middle school got hit pretty badly. I heard there was a bad one Tuesday night on the border between Texas and Lousyanna that was on the ground for almost 45 miles. I don't think it hit much of anything.

The thing I hate and hated last year was that the news trucks swoop in like vultures. I'm busting my ass, by myself to salvage sh|t while my mother is in the hospital. These trucks come through and look. They don't help. Then f**king tourists come and watch me moving a f**king sofa by myself and don't offer to help. I don't shower or sleep for 4 days and the only person that even thought to help was ____. Not a soul who was 10 feet away.
Aren't people great...

Hope all are safe. You often hear how people think "it can't happen to us" till it does re some kind of tragedy - and I think most of us are guilty of that. Seems to be human nature to be unable to truly appreciate how lucky we are in this or that way until we have "the bad" to compare to. Weird.

Just got these text from my friend:

"A student with a really bright future, ____, who was in my Public Finance class was killed. I'm really in shock."

"I'm really f**ked up. I was writing a recommendation letter for her."

Sorry to hear. One of those things where you don't think it can hit close to home till it does.

one is headed toward the house right now. :wacko:

Stay safe.