[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bin Laden - Dead

The Irish Doggy

Of course, it would be nice if the American people actually acted like grownups every now and again too.

Agreed about this. It's a consequence of babbling too much too soon. Like I said earlier, a simple statement would have sufficed, to be supplemented by more details as appropriate and as confirmed. This goes back to the people acting like grownups.

So you are saying that Obama should have released a short and simple statement about what happened with concise details released as they were confirmed like a grownup and not like it has happened with varying degrees of misinformation? I agree...

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious as how would the Navy have handled the burial? I'm sure there was no ceremony or fanfare, but did they just pick him up and throw him overboard with the leftover pork from dinner? I guess we'll hear more when the ship lands in port.

Meh, probably threw him off the fantail with all the other trash at the end of the day...

Its kinda hard to treat people like grown-ups when they are clamoring to see a gruesome picture of a man with half his head blown off.

Welcome to the 21st century. Immaturity and a thrist for sensationalism no matter how gruesome, yeah baby :wacko: I'm disappointed at the lack of jokes though. Heck when Nick Berg was brutally decapitated, people thought it was a hoot. Now here's a guy who actually deserved to die in the worst of ways and there isn't squat? The DJs, so-called comedians and other assorted class acts are slipping.

PS credit where it's due and props for Obama/his administration deciding not to release it. A quote: "We don't trot out this stuff as trophies. ... We don't need to spike the football."

Leave it to the black guy to use a football analogy.

:tup:

So you are saying that Obama should have released a short and simple statement about what happened with concise details released as they were confirmed like a grownup and not like it has happened with varying degrees of misinformation? I agree...

Yes, exactly. The rush to babble too early has led to the administration backtracking about stuff that shouldn't have mattered.

That photo actually cracks me up-- all the stuffed shirts have somber/grave expressions. It's pretty obvious something serious is going down. Meanwhile, the one obvious military guy looks like he's playing solitaire while bored out of his mind.

So now the newest development is that Bin Laden was reaching for a gun when shot? So the assassination happened a week ago, and they can't even get their stories remotely straight between the high ranking officials?

"Well, yes we said he was using a woman as a human shield, but it turns out he wasn't... He was unarmed... Oh no wait, that doesn't sound good. He was reaching for a gun. Yeah that should do..."

Yes, they're doing a great job of removing doubt here.

seems like the SEALs have a thing for headshots :wacko:

Apparently the official line is they won't reveal which elite military group was responsible for the mission. The media however has been constantly talking about the SEALS having done the dirty work. Unfortunately good old Joe Biden let it slip that it was the SEALS at some function last night. Good job Joe.

Apparently the official line is they won't reveal which elite military group was responsible for the mission. The media however has been constantly talking about the SEALS having done the dirty work. Unfortunately good old Joe Biden let it slip that it was the SEALS at some function last night. Good job Joe.

Pelosi - Biden - Barack

Who is Curly? Who is Moe? Who is Larry?

:wacko:

Disregard that then. Either I'm misremembering or that's a part of story that's changed, because I swore that night they said he'd be killed days prior, but they'd been doing analyses to verify it was him first before announcing it....

But it changes very little about how high-ranking officials can't seem to keep their stories straight, to the point where it almost seems like their "developments" are reactionary to perceptions.... It's actually weird how many non-skeptics are very skeptical now, after it feels like another instance of "just tell them what they want to hear"...

BTW, anyone hear the sad news of two of Gadaffi's grandchildren getting killed in an assassination attempt on him on Saturday? Didn't think so...

Edited by delusions of granduer

So now the newest development is that Bin Laden was reaching for a gun when shot? So the assassination happened a week ago, and they can't even get their stories remotely straight between the high ranking officials?

"Well, yes we said he was using a woman as a human shield, but it turns out he wasn't... He was unarmed... Oh no wait, that doesn't sound good. He was reaching for a gun. Yeah that should do..."

Yes, they're doing a great job of removing doubt here.

No kidding. All you need is "Navy SEALs killed bin Laden in Pakistan last week. Our troops accomplished their mission capably and with no loss of American life. The end."

No kidding. All you need is "Navy SEALs killed bin Laden in Pakistan last week. Our troops accomplished their mission capably and with no loss of American life. The end."

Not sure you could get any further from the point I'm trying to make... The truth should be easy to corrobarate, so why all the misinformation?

This is not some "telephone" thing, where one person tells someone this, and so on... These people are briefed before they talk to the press.

Not sure you could get any further from the point I'm trying to make... The truth should be easy to corrobarate, so why all the misinformation?

This is not some "telephone" thing, where one person tells someone this, and so on... These people are briefed before they talk to the press.

I see your point.

My point essentially is that just stick to the basics, and you avoid misinformation as well.

It's the gubmint. Getting things straight is simply against their nature.

In this instance it certainly appears to have been a game of telephone, that began Sunday night when that new press guy started extrapolating stuff he shouldn't have, such as the woman getting shot with bin Laden behind her becoming her being used as a shield, etc.