[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bin Laden - Dead

The Irish Doggy

I hope he had a few seconds to realize the gig was up. I'd hate to think he died instantly and without at least a few seconds to experience fear.

The more I hear about this operation, the more it sounds like your hopes became a reality. I mean they said it took our boys 40 minutes to get in and get out, which means as they worked their way toward him, he knew it was the end. Beautiful! Although I also like Jackass's wish!

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pakistani government was not involved and was notified AFTER the smoke had cleared. I share alot of people's belief that they've known for quite a while where Bin Laden was and chose not to help us find him. Some allies they are!!!! :wacko:

To be fair, Musharraf really stepped up to the plate in supporting the US post-9/11 in a country that was probably leaning more towards the radical Muslims. It was surprising.

I never thought I'd be this happy about someone's death. I'm so proud of our brave men and women who fight for our country every single day. I'm proud of them every day, but, this was a great win for our military and our country. I thought Obama's speech was phenomenal. There will always be those out to harm us, and this didn't end that, but, in the case of Bin Laden, justice has most definitely been served..................finally !!!!! :wacko:

Exactly!! Well said! :tup:

To be fair, Musharraf really stepped up to the plate in supporting the US post-9/11 in a country that was probably leaning more towards the radical Muslims. It was surprising.

True. While Musharraf openly supported the U. S., the fact that it took almost 10 years to find and kill Bin Laden shows that those under him in the government, police force, and military as well as the Pakistani citizens were not as supportive to the U.S. in its search for Bin Laden. I was beginning to think we'd NEVER get him!

So....... when is the next attack? Did Osaka think he was not dead the day he decided to attack us? What are the other tiers of the organization? Good moment, but I think very bad things are in place.

Just heard about this. Didn't see Obama's speech, so I won't comment on it. Honestly I'm somewhat apathetic about this. I'm glad he got what was coming to him, but it is hard to get excited about it. I don't see it as really helping our cause, but at the same time I don't see it having a significant detrimental impact either.

CNN reporting US officials say he has already been buried at sea..... that was quick :wacko: This won't sit well with the doubters of his death!

When I heard that this morning I thought it was strange. While I don't have any doubts personally, it does seem like a strange move. My first thought was how convenient, that there is no body for verification, but then I was thinking there were too many people involved, that if it was a hoax it would blow up. My second thought was that the SEALs got a little creative, and possibly desecrated his remains in some way, and that the burial at sea was a way to cover this up. While I doubt this happened, I think of the two scenarios it is the most plausible.

CNN reporting US officials say he has already been buried at sea..... that was quick :wacko: This won't sit well with the doubters of his death!

Well Isn't that convenient? I hate to piss on everybody's cornflakes, but the first thing I thought when I heard he had been found and killed was "I want to see the body." I believe little of what i hear and only half of what I see. I needed to see that body. I guess we did not have that right after all we have been put through in pursuit of this jackass? Now there will STILL be questions. I mean, I wasn't even convinced this little man in a cave had even masterminded the attacks in the first place. And now the little man in the cave was killed and buried at sea. Dead men tell no tales. And the questions linger on. Sigh. And if there is no video fothcoming of "the body" and "the burial" questions will remain. Why would anybody want questions like this to linger after all the lives and money lost in his pursuit? Why?

Edit: Apparently there IS video evidence and they are deciding if or when to release it. If? Lets put this thing to bed you bunch of jackasses. Lets see it ALL!!!!!

Edited by rattsass

Well Isn't that convenient? I hate to piss on everybody's cornflakes, but the first thing I thought when I heard he had been found and killed was "I want to see the body." I believe little of what i hear and only half of what I see. I needed to see that body. I guess we did not have that right after all we have been put through in pursuit of this jackass? Now there will STILL be questions. I mean, I wasn't even convinced this little man in a cave had even masterminded the attacks in the first place. And now the little man in the cave was killed and buried at sea. Dead men tell no tales. And the questions linger on. Sigh. And if there is no video fothcoming of "the body" and "the burial" questions will remain. Why would anybody want questions like this to linger after all the lives and money lost in his pursuit? Why?

there's probably plenty of pictures but parading them around wouldn't be wise or you can join and findout for yerself :wacko:

there's probably plenty of pictures but parading them around wouldn't be wise or you can join and findout for yerself :wacko:

I'm pretty sure they aren't taking any middle-aged volunteers but thanks for the invite. Sorry if I offend you be demanding proof. I realize our government and military has ALWAYS been honest and forthcoming, but just for ships and giggles, lets see the corpse. Too much to ask? I think not.

A quick burial at sea serves 2 purposes: 1) it complies with Muslim practices for quick burial; 2) it won't create a shrine somewhere.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a high ranking Muslim holy man (probably more than one) of some type on the ship to oversee the burial.

Congrats to our troops for getting this thug...

This would be a great opportunity for us to pack up and leave Afghanistan without looking like we were beaten. We reached our objective, here, you can have yer sh!thole back.