[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beat LA..

Brent

YES! Tyson Chandler. Plus Haywood contributed 3 blocks and some boards. Carlisle has the Mavs playing hard on defense. If the Lakers cannot cover our guards, then the Mavs will win the series. PLUS, it helps that the Lakers cannot shoot. SWISH BIITHCES

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

What we are seeing tonight can be a real problem for Dallas. Shannon Brown can guard Terry, and take him off the dribble, so I bet we see when Terry is in the game, Brown is on him. Also Brown can keep Barea in front of him. Artest shouldnt start another game this series, as Odom creates more problems with 3 7 footers on the floor at the same time. Make no mistake Im happy we won 2 in LA, but now I see why so many wouldnt count LA out just yet.

Edited by Brent

I hate the Lakers. Hate. Which is boldly illustrated when I actually find myself rooting for a team from Dallas. I mean, I barely care about the NBA, and yet probably hate the Lakers more than any other team in all of sports. I even rooted for the Cowboys one time, when they sort of sucked and were beating Snyder's Redskins that had just tried to buy a championship team one Monday night. I've never, ever rooted for the Lakers.

I hate the Lakers. Hate. Which is boldly illustrated when I actually find myself rooting for a team from Dallas. I mean, I barely care about the NBA, and yet probably hate the Lakers more than any other team in all of sports. I even rooted for the Cowboys one time, when they sort of sucked and were beating Snyder's Redskins that had just tried to buy a championship team one Monday night. I've never, ever rooted for the Lakers.

+1. The first NBA team I ever rooted for was the Mavs, when we briefly lived in the Dallas area some 25 years ago. I absolutely cannot stand the Lakers.

As much as Dallas has accomplished thus far, they are only half way to their goal. I like their chances against anyone left in the west, but nothing will surprise me there. I can say whoever comes out of the east, with the exception of atlanta will be heavy favorites in the Finals.

I never would have believed this laker team could have been swept. Shocking...awesome, and shocking

Just a complete collapse. It will be really interesting to see what they do this offseason. The team is culturallly broke and I don't think any coach can be successful with that lineup, but they only have two tradeable assets Bynum and Gasol, and they are going to have to trade Gasol on a discount to move him.

I never would have believed this laker team could have been swept. Shocking...awesome, and shocking

Just a complete collapse. It will be really interesting to see what they do this offseason. The team is culturallly broke and I don't think any coach can be successful with that lineup, but they only have two tradeable assets Bynum and Gasol, and they are going to have to trade Gasol on a discount to move him.

Reminds me of the Lakers team who 'couldn't' be beat in 2004. Pistons weren't supposed to be a challenge but beat them in 5 (would have also been a sweep had it not been for a buzzer beater by Kobe in one of the games). Love to see them have their asses handed to them once again.

Weren't the Mavs the sexy pick to be upset in the first round. :wacko:

Just saw the highlights from the game. Embarassing thug like actions. I remember the deserved grief the Pistons got for not shaking hands with the Bulls once they knocked us off our perch. This is on another level.

Odom was spoiling for a fight for at least two trips down the floor before he fouled Dirk. It was plain to see. I saw it, I am sure most of you saw it, the announcers commented in passing that tension was building, but Jackson did nothing about it. The game was over, the series was over, yet he allowed an aggravated player who was clearly losing his cool to remain in the game. He risked that his player would do something foolish, and worse, he risked that his player could have adversely effected the entire playoffs if he hurt someone. Fortunately that did not happen with Odom, but it might have. Jackson, the in-touch zen-master who has the pulse of every situation knew this, and he let it progress. He is responsible, or he is a fraud.

After the Odom foul Jackson did not call a timeout, bring his team around him, instruct them to calm down and to not embarass themselves any more than they had by lying down and quiting. He did not sub out Bynam, who was clearly aggravated. He let the matter escalate. Well by doing so it was a certainty that either Bynam or Artest would eventually act the punks they are. Bynam stood forward by slamming an elbow into a man half his size sending him tumbling to the court. Were I the ref I would have not only tossed Bynam, I would have tossed Jackson. The incident never happens without his tactic consent and approval. Jackson has always accepted all the credit. He can now take his rightful share of the blame.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

Odom was spoiling for a fight for at least two trips down the floor before he fouled Dirk. It was plain to see. I saw it, I am sure most of you saw it, the announcers commented in passing that tension was building, but Jackson did nothing about it. The game was over, the series was over, yet he allowed an aggravated player who was clearly losing his cool to remain in the game. He risked that his player would do something foolish, and worse, he risked that his player could have adversely effected the entire playoffs if he hurt someone. Fortunately that did not happen with Odom, but it might have. Jackson, the in-touch zen-master who has the pulse of every situation knew this, and he let it progress. He is responsible, or he is a fraud.

After the Odom foul Jackson did not call a timeout, bring his team around him, instruct them to calm down and to not embarass themselves any more than they had by lying down and quiting. He did not sub out Bynam, who was clearly aggravated. He let the matter escalate. Well by doing so it was a certainty that either Bynam or Artest would eventually act the punks they are. Bynam stood forward by slamming an elbow into a man half his size sending him tumbling to the court. Were I the ref I would have not only tossed Bynam, I would have tossed Jackson. The incident never happens without his tactic consent and approval. Jackson has always accepted all the credit. he can know take his rightful share of the blame.

Good points.

I haven't really been that involved with watching the NBA since Stockton and Malone left the Jazz, but, I did watch the Lakers game, and I will always root for whoever is playing that team going forward. That was disgusting to see, and someone could have gotten badly injured. Pathetic.