[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

blender/green/fail

polksalet

In an effort to drop weight and increase my vegetable intake I bought a $17 blender from walmart. It seemed reasonable to make a puree of 6 carrots, half a cuke, two hands full of spinach.

It looked like baby puke and tasted worse. Y'all got any tips?

In an effort to drop weight and increase my vegetable intake I bought a $17 blender from walmart. It seemed reasonable to make a puree of 6 carrots, half a cuke, two hands full of spinach.

It looked like baby puke and tasted worse. Y'all got any tips?

Dont do that again? :wacko:

We do banana, frozen berry, flax oil, and protein powder smoothies and add green powder to them. We've been using Barlean's brand. Can't taste it and has all the things you need from veggies.

Lately, we started using Barlean's Omega Swirl fruit flavored fish oil instead of the flax oil. Easily the tastiest way to include fish oil in your diet. Well, besides eating fish, that is.

Easily the tastiest way to include fish oil in your diet. Well, besides eating fish, that is.

The Sheikette takes fish oil in gelcap form. Taste neutral, which I guess is neither a win or a loss.

I do kale, apple, and banana, almost every morning.

Add water, about half way up the pitcher, if you wish a little plain yogurt.

pulse it a few times to get it started, and then put it on the highest setting for a couple minutes.

It’s not too bad.

I do kale, apple, and banana, almost every morning.

Add water, about half way up the pitcher, if you wish a little plain yogurt.

pulse it a few times to get it started, and then put it on the highest setting for a couple minutes.

It’s not too bad.

That does not sound like a ringing endorsement.

You people have issues. I grab a Coke and a pack of smokes in the AM. I can jog a 6 minute mile, do 70 push-ups in a row, 100 sit ups, chop wood from dusk til dawn and will be dead before I start to lose my memory, suck it bitches!!!! :wacko:

On a serious note, why is it that people drink these smoothies/shakes, whatever the heck you wanna call them. I have a very balanced diet. Eat a lot of veggies, good protein, not a lot of fried food, fish two to three times a month, don't eat fatty foods, etc... I'm pretty certain I get the required nutrients, I feel fine, not fatigued... What do these smoothies/shakes do for ya?

And, Polk, I got a juicer for a wedding gift, I freaking love it!!! Grapes, blueberries, pomegranite, and raspberries, good stuff (Only problem is you have to buy an ass load of these to get any amount of juice.)

You people have issues. I grab a Coke and a pack of smokes in the AM. I can jog a 6 minute mile, do 70 push-ups in a row, 100 sit ups, chop wood from dusk til dawn and will be dead before I start to lose my memory, suck it bitches!!!! :wacko:

On a serious note, why is it that people drink these smoothies/shakes, whatever the heck you wanna call them. I have a very balanced diet. Eat a lot of veggies, good protein, not a lot of fried food, fish two to three times a month, don't eat fatty foods, etc... I'm pretty certain I get the required nutrients, I feel fine, not fatigued... What do these smoothies/shakes do for ya?

And, Polk, I got a juicer for a wedding gift, I freaking love it!!! Grapes, blueberries, pomegranite, and raspberries, good stuff (Only problem is you have to buy an ass load of these to get any amount of juice.)

Honestly, the ones we drink (about 2-3 breakfasts per week) are really tasty. It's not like we have to force them down or anything. It's just one of the things we mix into the breakfast routine. Smoothies one day, eggs the next, oatmeal some days, whitefish salad bagel with all the fixings... We just work through the list.

Honestly, the ones we drink (about 2-3 breakfasts per week) are really tasty. It's not like we have to force them down or anything. It's just one of the things we mix into the breakfast routine. Smoothies one day, eggs the next, oatmeal some days, whitefish salad bagel with all the fixings... We just work through the list.

Cool, just wanted to find out if it was a supplement or a replacement. Sounds like it is something you drink in lieu of a regular breakfast and you get the required nutrients out of it. I just kinda wanted to figure out if I was missing anything.

You ever do pickled herring instead of the white fish? Love me some pickled herring, cream cheese and bagel/melba toast/bagel bits.

Cool, just wanted to find out if it was a supplement or a replacement. Sounds like it is something you drink in lieu of a regular breakfast and you get the required nutrients out of it. I just kinda wanted to figure out if I was missing anything.

You ever do pickled herring instead of the white fish? Love me some pickled herring, cream cheese and bagel/melba toast/bagel bits.

I'd be cool with the pickled herring, but I'm guessing my wife would not be. But we both love the ACME Whitefish salad.

lox is the bomb on bagels with cream cheese.

To your question, one main reason is ease and time, takes maybe 5 minutes to make a smoothie, chug and go and you can usually make it so that it is a good blend of protein, carbs and fat, though it is easy to go overboard and make a high calorie smoothie.

If talking about whey shakes etc. pre/post workout or as a meal replacement, one main reason is the absorption rate of liquids... much more bio available as your body does not need to digest to draw in the nutrients. For most people though not a major consideration.

To your question, one main reason is ease and time, takes maybe 5 minutes to make a smoothie, chug and go and you can usually make it so that it is a good blend of protein, carbs and fat, though it is easy to go overboard and make a high calorie smoothie.

If talking about whey shakes etc. pre/post workout or as a meal replacement, one main reason is the absorption rate of liquids... much more bio available as your body does not need to digest to draw in the nutrients. For most people though not a major consideration.

THank you, makes sense.