[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ceiling Fan Question?

KICK A$$ BLASTER

I know this may have been covered before, but what direction should ceiling fans be rotating this time of the year??

Clockwise/counterclockwise...

Does it change if you are south of the equator, I don't know...

Need a little help here...

Counter blows air down. Clockwise blows it upwards. Not sure the equator thing is relevant, but maybe Im wrong. I have mine set for counter, and they never change.

Counter blows air down. Clockwise blows it upwards. Not sure the equator thing is relevant, but maybe Im wrong. I have mine set for counter, and they never change.

It's the angle of the blades forcing the air up (winter) or down (summer). The equator has nothing to do with it.

I know this may have been covered before, but what direction should ceiling fans be rotating this time of the year??

Clockwise/counterclockwise...

Does it change if you are south of the equator, I don't know...

Need a little help here...

You forgot the equinox effect! Not to mention Feng shui! Have you considered global warming? Your last fortune cookie?

We need more info.

It's the angle of the blades forcing the air up (winter) or down (summer). The equator has nothing to do with it.

Isn't it actually the opposite? You want to push the warmer air hanging out near the ceiling down during the winter and the pull the warm air up towards the ceiling in the summer?

Isn't it actually the opposite? You want to push the warmer air hanging out near the ceiling down during the winter and the pull the warm air up towards the ceiling in the summer?

Nope. The fan blowing down on you in summer gives the wind effect helping cool you down, and in winter, the upward motion of the fan near the ceiling helps recirculate the air without the cooling effect.

http://www.ceilingfan.org/ceiling-fan-direction/

Nope. The fan blowing down on you in summer gives the wind effect helping cool you down, and in winter, the upward motion of the fan near the ceiling helps recirculate the air without the cooling effect.

http://www.ceilingfan.org/ceiling-fan-direction/

Not in FL. You need the air blowing down all the time. Too damn hot here.

Not in FL. You need the air blowing down all the time. Too damn hot here.

Maybe in your case it's the humidity and not the heat. :wacko: You need the fan blowing the perspiration off your face. I have a ceiling fan in my sun porch. It never runs. I need to blow the air conditioned air into the room with a fan by the doorway. Blowing the hot air around the room just isn't going to cut it,

Edited by MikesVikes