[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NBA Finals

Brent

Huge Mavs fan, and hope they win. But........

I predict Heat in 7. I do not think home court matters much with these 2 teams. Both have shown they can win on the road consistently. I do not think Miami wins both game 1 and 2, and I think Dallas loses at least 1 at home of games 3-5. But the longer this series goes, I think that favors the Heat. Tyson Chandler has 4 Technical fouls, and a 7th means he misses a game. Take Chandler out a game in this series, and that is a distaster watiting to happen.

The only way I think Dallas wins, and what I hope happens.

1. Dirk is the same player in this series he has been in the previous 3.

2. The Mavs shoot the same they did against the Lakers from 3 pt range.

3. Marion and Kidd can make things tough on Lebron and Wade

4. Chandler can contain Bosh without getting in foul trouble.

5. Dallas doesnt lose focus regardless how things are going on the court. They did this in every series so far. Can they again.

4 of those 5 have to happen for Dallas to win IMO. Which is why I think Miami is the smart pick.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge Mavs fan, and hope they win. But........

I predict Heat in 7. I do not think home court matters much with these 2 teams. Both have shown they can win on the road consistently. I do not think Miami wins both game 1 and 2, and I think Dallas loses at least 1 at home of games 3-5. But the longer this series goes, I think that favors the Heat. Tyson Chandler has 4 Technical fouls, and a 7th means he misses a game. Take Chandler out a game in this series, and that is a distaster watiting to happen.

The only way I think Dallas wins, and what I hope happens.

1. Dirk is the same player in this series he has been in the previous 3. - I think he will be. On the other hand, he could have his hands full, depending on who guards him. I'm sure Miami will switch it up, so it's not always going to be the same player on Dirk, but it will be interesting to see Lebron guard Dirk. Usually, Dirk can shoot over just about anyone, with his fadeaway, despite his feet being figuratively nailed to the floor. Lebron is a unique player, though... I could see him causing some problems for Dirk (contesting shots, and just making it relatively difficult for Dirk to get good looks, etc.).

2. The Mavs shoot the same they did against the Lakers from 3 pt range. - Not impossible, but it will be difficult (and probably unlikely). You never know, though.

3. Marion and Kidd can make things tough on Lebron and Wade - That's a tough one... I'm not so sure they're going to make it any tougher than Rose and Deng, at least from an athletic ability standpoint. The one area where they obviously have a huge advantage, though, is experience. However, experience only gets you so far, so they're going to need more than just that, to pull this thing out.

4. Chandler can contain Bosh without getting in foul trouble. - I agree that this is a huge key factor. Chandler has been the difference, between this team and some Dallas teams of the past. His toughness/attitude has made this more of a defense-oriented team, for sure. If he's not on the floor (as much as they would like him to be), their chances of winning this series go down to next to nothing.

5. Dallas doesnt lose focus regardless how things are going on the court. They did this in every series so far. Can they again. - Depends on what "losing focus" entails, but yeah... If Chandler (or somebody else) picks up critical fouls and/or technical fouls, the Mavs' margin for error becomes even smaller.

4 of those 5 have to happen for Dallas to win IMO. Which is why I think Miami is the smart pick.

I agree... Will be pulling for Dallas, but my gut says Miami wins in 6 or 7. I added some specific comments/thoughts above. Basically, the two that really matter, in my opinion, are the 3-pt shooting and the ability to avoid drastic errors and/or mental mistakes. Dallas won't win this series, if one of their key players is on the bench. They also won't win if they don't shoot pretty well from three. All of those other things, they just need to hold their own, and avoid getting abused in any one area. In other words, Dirk needs to play well, but it's not like he needs to score 40+ in multiple games, for them to win. He just needs to avoid having a BAD game or two, in my opinion. If he plays well, throughout the series, that's all they can hope for. I think Lebron could pose a new challenge for him, just because he's Lebron... he can do things most can't.

Same with Kidd/Marion... They're not likely going to outplay Lebron/Wade. But, if they can at least play well enough that we can say they held their own, Dallas has a chance. If Wade dominates Kidd, or Lebron has a huge series, though, it will be trouble. Should be fun... If nothing else, I'm looking forward to seeing a series not including LA or SA from the West.

game 1, Miami.

Dallas must rebound, and hit wide open/point blank shots when they are there. Cause nothing is going to come easy on the other shots.

Difference tonight was just that. Miami hit clutch shots, Lebron the 3 to end the 3rd, which was nothing more than a prayer. And they rebounded the ball limiting the Mavs to only 1 shot, and gave themselves multiple opportunities.

No one said this was going to be easy for Dallas, but they had their chances tonight, and thats all you can ask.

That dribble and dunk James did about 3 minutes from the end was astounding. His acceleration left everyone for dead. I didn't catch the whole game but from what I saw, Wade's vision for where other players are - or will be - was awesome.

Still, with Miami playing close to the top of their game, Dallas was still in it for most of the game. It's by no means over.

That dribble and dunk James did about 3 minutes from the end was astounding. His acceleration left everyone for dead. I didn't catch the whole game but from what I saw, Wade's vision for where other players are - or will be - was awesome.

Still, with Miami playing close to the top of their game, Dallas was still in it for most of the game. It's by no means over.

What amazed me was the shot to end the third. Can you imagine the strength involved to just get that shot to the rim? Let alone with any intention and direction at all. But that dunk was insane.

:wacko: 20-2 run for the Mavs and now with the lead 93-90 with 26.7 left :tup:

and double :lol::rofl: with Chalmers hitting a huge 3 to tie....Mavs call time out with 24.5 on the clock...should hold for the final shot in regulation

Edited by keggerz

Wow, awesome. Mavs down 11 with like 5 and some change left and I went to take a quick shower. Forgot to check in on it before heading to the kitchen to grab my late dinner, and came back to the den just after it ended. Mavs are now in control after taking one on the Heat's home floor. Now they HAVE to protect their home court, which will be tough for three straight. The 2-3-2 Finals format is SO stupid. SO outdated. SO unnecessary. It was instituted in the 80's when it was LA vs. Boston every dang year. :wacko:

Miami just lost their paddle.

agree the 2-3-2 format is a huge disadvantage.

why change it for the finals?

It's an archaic line of thinking. In the 80's, when the Lakers and Celtics were dominating, the 2-2-1-1-1 format caused for too much air travel and thus extended the series. West vs. East... obviously with the other series they can have the 2-2-1-1-1 format because the teams are usually closer in terms of geography. Now, because of TV considerations, they can easily go back to the 2-2-1-1-1 format since they spend so much time between games anyways.

The pressure was most certainly on the Heat tonight, given the fact that the Mavs now get the luxury of being at home for three straight contests. With the series tied, though, the Mavs now have to take care of business. One slip-up and the series can shift back into the Heat's favor.

I think the Heat win the middle game.

It's an archaic line of thinking. In the 80's, when the Lakers and Celtics were dominating, the 2-2-1-1-1 format caused for too much air travel and thus extended the series. West vs. East... obviously with the other series they can have the 2-2-1-1-1 format because the teams are usually closer in terms of geography. Now, because of TV considerations, they can easily go back to the 2-2-1-1-1 format since they spend so much time between games anyways.

The pressure was most certainly on the Heat tonight, given the fact that the Mavs now get the luxury of being at home for three straight contests. With the series tied, though, the Mavs now have to take care of business. One slip-up and the series can shift back into the Heat's favor.

I think the Heat win the middle game.

With the 2-3-2 format, 11 times the series has been tied 1-1.

Winner of game 3 has won the series every time.

per espn

okay by me if Heat win middle game as long as Dallas wins the first one

Was anyone else's ABC feed constantly going out? I have DirecTV, and the feed kept going black for about five seconds at a time. Happened about a dozen times during the game, including three or four times in the final minutes.

Was anyone else's ABC feed constantly going out? I have DirecTV, and the feed kept going black for about five seconds at a time. Happened about a dozen times during the game, including three or four times in the final minutes.

Yep... I think it was a local thing.

Where the NBA differs from the NCAA, Labron, I think it was the first quarter, took a 3 from the top of the key. He took at east FIVE steps to get his feet under him . . . no call. Rightfully so, the shot did not go down. That isn't basketball, not sure what that is, hate it.