[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NBA Finals

Brent

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where the NBA differs from the NCAA, Labron, I think it was the first quarter, took a 3 from the top of the key. He took at east FIVE steps to get his feet under him . . . no call. Rightfully so, the shot did not go down. That isn't basketball, not sure what that is, hate it.

yep and that's what bothers me about the NBA in a nutshell. Blatent travel gets over looked and not even mentioned by the announcers.

That 3 by Nowitzki about a minute from the end.........anybody see Chandler's outstanding block to allow Nowitzki the unchallenged shot? Absolutely brilliant basketball.

yup- awesome stuff and thoroughly entertaining. MIA looked like chit tho down the stretch those lazy shot clock winding down 3's were brutal. If James and Wade attack the rim MIA gets the W.

Fitting scrape urself up off the deck comeback by Dallas in the same arena they crapped the bed in 2006........

this is going to be a heck of a finals it looks like.

Where the NBA differs from the NCAA, Labron, I think it was the first quarter, took a 3 from the top of the key. He took at east FIVE steps to get his feet under him . . . no call. Rightfully so, the shot did not go down. That isn't basketball, not sure what that is, hate it.

ugh - don't like the no traveling but let;s get real here for a sec. Stuff like this goes on in every sport - baseball, football all have their issues with stuff i.e. strike zones, phantom double plays at 2nd base, Pass Interference, etc.

NBA refs have their issues but the NBA and basketball is the hardest sport to officiate by a mile.

[

One other thing - the turnaround in Dallas' defensive play this year has got them where they are and credit for that has to go to Rick Carlisle, IMO.

Tyson Chandler. Without either of them, the defense wouldn't be what it is. Chandler's impact on the team cannot be overstated.

NBA refs have their issues but the NBA and basketball is the hardest sport to officiate by a mile.

I agree.

5+ steps is an easy call, though, & not basketball. Did you see the play?

Edited by Ramhock

I agree.

5+ steps is an easy call, though, & not basketball. Did you see the play?

To add on, you know something is wrong when you have one ref that is banished for fixing games, another gloating about the Mavs losing percentage in playoff games that be refs. Crawford and Bennett Salvatore are horrible. The fact that we even know there names is bad.

To add on, you know something is wrong when you have one ref that is banished for fixing games, another gloating about the Mavs losing percentage in playoff games that be refs. Crawford and Bennett Salvatore are horrible. The fact that we even know there names is bad.

2 words......... Bill Leavy

NBA refs haven't come close to that debacle

[

Tyson Chandler. Without either of them, the defense wouldn't be what it is. Chandler's impact on the team cannot be overstated.

I agree with that but the coach has his ass kicked when things don't go well, he should get credit when they do.

2 words......... Bill Leavy

NBA refs haven't come close to that debacle

Rewatch the 06 finals. Dwyane Wade had 96 free throw attemps in 5 games. Refs gloated afterwards to other refs about the Mavs playoff records in which they officiated. Bill Leavy missed calls. Some of these NBA refs missed them to prove a point to Mark Cuban.

Oh, and Tim Donaghy.

Game over.

I agree with that but the coach has his ass kicked when things don't go well, he should get credit when they do.

The defense didn't play like this last year. You can have the best coach in the world, but if you don't have players that impliment it on the court it will make no difference. Tyson Chandler changed the attitude and mentality of the Mavs on the court. The change started with Rick Carlisle and Caron Butler. The change had started but it wasn't an entire team wide change. Chandler came in and gave this team balls.

And it's not Rick Carlisle that gets his ass kicked when things don't go well in Dallas. If they win, Dirk did it. If they lose, Dirk did it. I actually think Jason Terry may have said that a few days ago to the media.

I expect that the calls will lean to the Mavs side at home.

I expect Jason Terry to shoot better at home.

I expect Chandler and Haywood to be able to handle Bosh

I expect LeBron to take more shots than anyone on the Heat (especially after Bosh starts the game 0-4)

Bosh returning to Dallas means nothing, this ain't Lincoln High where he averaged approx 9 blocks in their undefeated season.

very disappointed in this loss. Dallas gets too far down to come from behind against this kind of D again and again. I hope Im wrong, but I think this series is over.

Dude You give up way too easy. Dirk missed a basket. One play and its Mavs up 2 games to one.

What are you going to say when Mavs shoot 60% next game and Terry hits 10 three pointers in a row.

"Wow the Mavs are the best team of all times"

Its the Finals and yes its going to be tough.

Dude You give up way too easy. Dirk missed a basket. One play and its Mavs up 2 games to one.

What are you going to say when Mavs shoot 60% next game and Terry hits 10 three pointers in a row.

"Wow the Mavs are the best team of all times"

Its the Finals and yes its going to be tough.

Dallas is a 6 minute comeback of the ages away from being down 0-3. This isnt about giving up, its about Miami is simply the better team right now.

And I hope Terrry does finally show up. in both loses, he didnt score a single point in the 4th quarter, because Lebron takes him completely out of the game.

No, I gave up the this is the best team of all times years ago when my Sooners lost to kansas St, then to LSU in back to back games. And was fooled again the next yr, when USC kicked the ever living chit out of them in the NC game. Then watched Dallas not only choke game 3 away in the Finals of 06, but lose the next 3 as well. Now Im a fan, but more a realist.

Still haven't heard the official word on Haywood (supposed to try and test it out pregame) yet but they are shuffling the lineup.

Barea will start in place of Stevenson and then Stevenson will get more minutes with Peja basically being taken out of the lineup. Cardinal to get minutes in Peja's place as well.

Edited by myhousekey

dammit barea. Hit the damn point blank shot.

Terry hit your damn free throws.

You are giving this game to them.

It time to end the flopping. 25K for every flop. If the game is going to suffer because of this crap, make the players go broke for the acting.

Edited by Brent

Dallas doesnt want it.

Miami is bullying them around right now.

And JJ cant finish, or hit a shot to save his life. Get him out of the damn game, he takes too many shots and cant hit them.

Heat are getting way too many second chances with offensive rebounds.

Dallas can't buy an offensive rebound.

Barea has nothing in this series, but isn't afraid to shoot, or brick layup after layup.

Screw it, have Dirk shoot the ball 40 times tonight. It's better than watching Barea miss layups.