[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NBA Finals

Brent

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dallas is soft. Ive seen enough tonight to finally make that statement this year. you dont miss point blanks shots, by being strong to the hole. You dont let them get offensive rebounds if you are blocking out. this may have worked against LA and OKC, but it wont vs Miami, If you dont figure it out soon, this series is over.

If everyone on the court had chandlers heart, they wouldnt be down 2-1. If they dont resign him, they go back to 1st round exits until Dirk is gone.

Lambeer might have ended Wades career the way he has come inside thus far. Dallas is soft and wont play physical to win the damn championship, I swear I want this more than the players do.

Defense isn't the problem. Not making the shots is. And you want Chandler resigned... He's allowing that crap in the paint.

this Dallas team is anything but soft. Dude go back to playing the stock market.

Dirk is sick.(101 fever) Post game the guy is hacking and barely can talk. Amazing effort

back up center is hurt. Holding James to under single digits.

Wade is a class act. Just ;play him tough- no need to try and take him out to send a message.

The message is Dallas wins

Series tied 2 to 2

Edited by moneymakers

ok, Ill be more specific, Dallas is extremely soft for 3 quarters. dirk is amazing....

You'd think that by now teams would be prepared for and be able to at least blunt the 4th quarter Dallas onslaught. They seem to do it every game.

That was one of the better games in any sport that I have seen it some time. D-Wade is ridiculous. If Jason Terry could hit an open shot, Dallas would have won going away. Dallas can shoot it. Miami can't. They're trying to get Miller to step up, but he's killing them with his decision making. Miami has a really tough time scoring in the halfcourt unless Wade makes an incredible play. If Dallas can control tempo, I think they'll take the series.

I think we're starting to see the effects of Miami's high energy defense takes out of there own players. 40+ minutes of intense d can wear you out. With the minutes LeWade are getting, along with Terry changing his offensive plan and running around and making Bron Bron chase him around could be a major factor from here on out.

And if the Mavs are soft, the heat lack focus. What I see is two evenly matched teams in a slugfest. I think the winner of game five is the winner of the series.

And Dirk should be 100% for Thursday. Ghostface Killah.

Everyone keeps talking about how "good" the games are. They're tense, they're competitive, but they don't really seem good.

What I see is the following:

1) Arguably the best player in the NBA is MIA offensively when it matters. Sure, he's an amazing lock-down defender, but I guess I thought I was getting more than Ben Wallace here. He's made some amazing passes through out the play-offs, but now he's not even doing that. At least not last night. He was just throwing it to the first open guy he saw every time he got the ball.

2) Dallas is just waiting for Dirk to carry their sorry asses and/or waiting for Miami to stop running even the marginally effective half-court sets they run that gets them the lead in every game. So it's basically watching Dallas get out-classed for most of the game, save Dirk, who hits freaking everything, and then claw their way back when Miami starts dribbling out the clock and launching bad 3 pointers.

3) It says a lot about how crappy Miami's offense is that Dallas is completely shutting it down. I realize Dallas is a better defensive team than they used to be, but Miami is making them look much better than they are by failing to run a freaking play.

I guess "great games", at least to me, are when both teams are playing great at the same time and one team's version of great out does the other. In these games, at one point, one or the other plays well, but that always seems to be matched by the other forgetting what the hell they're doing out there.

And, I'm not looking for showtime. And I realize there's some damned good D getting played. But, there's also some guys who seem to be checking out for long stretches at a time, and I guess I figured that we'd be done with that part of the season by now.

If Dirk wins this, he's the freaking man. Well, he's already shown he's the freaking man, but he'll really be the freaking man.

Everyone keeps talking about how "good" the games are. They're tense, they're competitive, but they don't really seem good.

What I see is the following:

1) Arguably the best player in the NBA is MIA offensively when it matters. Sure, he's an amazing lock-down defender, but I guess I thought I was getting more than Ben Wallace here. He's made some amazing passes through out the play-offs, but now he's not even doing that. At least not last night. He was just throwing it to the first open guy he saw every time he got the ball.

2) Dallas is just waiting for Dirk to carry their sorry asses and/or waiting for Miami to stop running even the marginally effective half-court sets they run that gets them the lead in every game. So it's basically watching Dallas get out-classed for most of the game, save Dirk, who hits freaking everything, and then claw their way back when Miami starts dribbling out the clock and launching bad 3 pointers.

3) It says a lot about how crappy Miami's offense is that Dallas is completely shutting it down. I realize Dallas is a better defensive team than they used to be, but Miami is making them look much better than they are by failing to run a freaking play.

I guess "great games", at least to me, are when both teams are playing great at the same time and one team's version of great out does the other. In these games, at one point, one or the other plays well, but that always seems to be matched by the other forgetting what the hell they're doing out there.

And, I'm not looking for showtime. And I realize there's some damned good D getting played. But, there's also some guys who seem to be checking out for long stretches at a time, and I guess I figured that we'd be done with that part of the season by now.

If Dirk wins this, he's the freaking man. Well, he's already shown he's the freaking man, but he'll really be the freaking man.

1. I've said all along that Wade is the best player on the Heat. Wade has been the best player of the series.

2. Shawn Marion's sorry ass has already limited Kobe, Durant, and now James. Rethink the sorry ass statement. He's also putting up some nice numbers on the offensive side. And as far as Dirk carrying them on Tuesday... Chandler and Marion could have something to say about that.

3. The Heat this past season are what they are now. A defense first team. They've never been a 120 a night team like the Thunder. They have two elite players, a great player, and a lot of C talant players. They get everything from LeWade and Bosh.

1. I've said all along that Wade is the best player on the Heat. Wade has been the best player of the series.

2. Shawn Marion's sorry ass has already limited Kobe, Durant, and now James. Rethink the sorry ass statement. He's also putting up some nice numbers on the offensive side. And as far as Dirk carrying them on Tuesday... Chandler and Marion could have something to say about that.

3. The Heat this past season are what they are now. A defense first team. They've never been a 120 a night team like the Thunder. They have two elite players, a great player, and a lot of C talant players. They get everything from LeWade and Bosh.

You mean, Dirk of the 101 degree fever on Tuesday? Great, so, there's one game. One game where Dirk was sick as hell. Are you actually saying that Dirk hasn't been carrying this team? Sure, he doesn't score each and every point. Nope, just typically the last 10 or so of the game. And Bron is making Marion's job much easier than it needs to be.

My point is that I think people confuse a close game with a great one. This isn't great teams trading blows, this is often guys on one side who's name is not Dirk missing shots and guys on the other side not even running a play. That doesn't equate to "great" games to me.

And I said I wasn't looking for Showtime. So, I'm not looking for 120. But it would be nice to see the winning team break 100 just once this series. That's not exactly "run and gun". To have one team break 100 in a seven game series?

More importantly, I'd like to see stretches where both teams are actually playing well at the same time. Both teams are hitting clutch contested shots at the same time. Instead of taking turns looking like they have no idea what they're doing out there.

Edited by detlef

You mean, Dirk of the 101 degree fever on Tuesday? Great, so, there's one game. One game where Dirk was sick as hell. Are you actually saying that Dirk hasn't been carrying this team? Sure, he doesn't score each and every point. Nope, just typically the last 10 or so of the game. And Bron is making Marion's job much easier than it needs to be.

My point is that I think people confuse a close game with a great one. This isn't great teams trading blows, this is often guys on one side who's name is not Dirk missing shots and guys on the other side not even running a play. That doesn't equate to "great" games to me.

And I said I wasn't looking for Showtime. So, I'm not looking for 120. But it would be nice to see the winning team break 100 just once this series. That's not exactly "run and gun". To have one team break 100 in a seven game series?

More importantly, I'd like to see stretches where both teams are actually playing well at the same time. Both teams are hitting clutch contested shots at the same time. Instead of taking turns looking like they have no idea what they're doing out there.

It was a 102 fever. Dirk is far and away the guy who's gotten them there, but saying he's carrying there sorry asses is asinine. Shawn Marion has been lights out this playoff run. When his offense isn't there, his defense has been. And yes, Dirk does take over the game in the fourth. He's the best closer in the playoffs imo, But those other three quarters he's getting help from the other guys.

And wow, the James hype gets even more crazy... So now It's not Marion who wrecked James on Tuesday even calling James a bitch after he made him look foolish. No, Marion isn't limiting James, but it's James that's limiting himself :wacko:

A great game to me is something that is tight throughout, or has you on pins and needles. I guess growing up and watching Derek Harper to the JJJ combo to the Dirk/Nash era makes me not care about how they win... Ugly or nice, a win is a win. And if it's a tight contested grind it out game, I consider it great. But then again I do have a dog in the hunt.

And the last part, I think the only time so far we've had that was in game two when Dirk hit the three, followed by Chalmers hitting the three, followed by Dallas closing it out.

There were all sorts of great shots and great plays and Superstars, namely Wade, doing things that no other athlete in the world could do. You don't see tons of pretty offense in the playoffs, and haven't in a long time now. The chess game was outstanding. I didn't say it was one of the best games in history, but rather one of the better games I've seen in while, in any sport. Wade was flying around the court like he had a magic carpet. Nowtizki looked like he was going to fall over and still ended up with the ball in his hands just about every possession. That was just some fantastic stuff. I'm not going to let a little sloppy offense in crunch time ruin the theatre that was game four.