[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NBA Finals

Brent

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Props to the Mavs on the Championship they just won....and with that said the Heat should be completely embarrassed with how they just basically quit with about a minute left to play, disgusting to say the least...but I am glad the Heat got beat :wacko:

WoW, What a season Dallas. So glad for Dirk and Terry because of 06, and Kidd and Marion deserved to win a ring as well.

I was always a fan of Dirk based on my heritage. Always thought Jet was a cool player, as well as Marion. Kidd, I kind of was always lukewarm on but really warmed up to him as a Mav, as he really worked on his game later in his career (no longer "Ason Kidd").

Was a Chandler fan when he was drafted by my Bulls and good to see him get his ish together for the Mavs, and really started to like mighty little Barea here in these playoffs.

The easiest Texas NBA team to root for, as the Spurs are a bunch of geriatric whiners and the Rockets suck. As a Texan transplant, it's nice to see Dirk, Kidd and the rest of those guys win a title.... especially against LeDiva's Heat who ousted my Bulls. Should be fun in Dallas for the next couple of weeks. Bummed I don't get to watch Game 7 with buddies on Tuesday though. :wacko:

Edited by darin3

Dirk only needs 14,000 more points to sail right past the Mailman.

PON further cements his reputation for hyperbole.

He's young and full of piss and vinegar.

But I am jealous, he watched his favorite football team and his favorite basketball team win championships within several months of each other. I can't even fathom half of that for the last 35 years.

Edited by bushwacked

Dirk only needs 14,000 more points to sail right past the Mailman.

PON further cements his reputation for hyperbole.

Dirk already has more 50+ win seasons and a ring. All the while playing without a truely elite player like Malone had in Stockton for the majority of his career. And total points mean nothing. Is Brett Favre the greatest QB? Is Hank Aaron really the best Home run hitter ever? No, Joe Montana and Babe Ruth are. I stick to my point. Dirk>Malone

What is your response to that?

He's young and full of piss and vinegar.

But I am jealous, he watched his favorite football team and his favorite basketball team win championships within several months of each other. I can't even fathom half of that for the last 35 years.

I'm actually kidding with you. I'm a bit off my rocker celebtrating with some beer and Jack.

Edited by piratesownninjas

Congrats to the Mavs fans. :tup:

I'm not as big of an NBA fan as I once was, but, I really wanted the Mavs to win this thing. I always liked Dirk and I'm glad to see him get a ring. This might sound silly, but, Dirk was on "Punk'd" several years ago, and my respect went up for him big-time. The joke was that a kid saw him eating dinner and kept coming back with more and more stuff for him to sign. Dirk almost ruined the joke, as he just continued to sign things, one after another.

After the off-season fiasco, I was really hoping that the Heat didn't win this thing. I'm so glad that LeBron played small under the spotlight, as I can't stand him. I watched the Wade & LeBron coughing thing on T.V. the other day, and it made me REALLY want the Mavs to win.

Congrats to teh Mavs fans, enjoy it. :wacko:

I couldnt even tell you a players name on either team. Just no interest in hockey since 1999.

I love bringing this one back up. It seems like you had quite a bit of interest in hockey when the Stars didn't suck balls, which was in 2006, not 1999. It's OK to ba a bandwagon fan as long as you don't try and deny it. :tup:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=2054078

:wacko:

Edited by Hugh 0ne

It was good to see that character, teamwork, and heart could more than make up for the raw talent gap of a punch of heartless, classless punks.

I'm not so sure that Terry or Barrea shouldn't have won the MVP. They each really stepped up their games when needed most.

Dirk already has more 50+ win seasons and a ring. All the while playing without a truely elite player like Malone had in Stockton for the majority of his career. And total points mean nothing. Is Brett Favre the greatest QB? Is Hank Aaron really the best Home run hitter ever? No, Joe Montana and Babe Ruth are. I stick to my point. Dirk>Malone

What is your response to that?

I'm actually kidding with you. I'm a bit off my rocker celebtrating with some beer and Jack.

There are many ways two players can be compared - team wins is one, points per season is another, total career points yet a third. I still think Malone is > Nowitzki over a career but no-one could possibly deny that Nowitzki was by far the dominant player on any team this season and thoroughly deserved his reward, especially looking at his clutch work, which was just unbelievable.

oh man, I loved watching the post-game le<<choke>>bron and wade interview. that was schadenfreude at it's finest. best moments:

- lebron asked if the heat choked, and bron quickly passes up the shot and looks over at d-wade to bail him out :wacko:

- lebron's pathetic lashing out at all the losers and their "personal problems"

what a giant crybaby d00sh coward.

Props to the Mavs and I'm particularly happy for Dirk. And, hell, I'm happy for Cuban because dude has obviously always cared a ton about his team, always strove to put a competitive team out there, and, I think, is good for the league in general.

Gotta say, whatever fans the Heat had going into this series, they lost during it. I was among those who was rather annoyed with all the crap they were taking for coming together in Miami, because I thought it was rather hypocritical. We trash players because they just want to be the man rather than win titles, then 3 guys put that aside to play together and we're supposed to hate them? Sure, Bron didn't do himself any favors with the TV show and the Heat didn't do themselves any favors with the pre-season celebration. But it seemed odd to think "how dare three stars elect to play for the same team and win some rings". So, I was pulling for them. Not feverishly, but I was hoping they'd win a few.

Well, fast forward to today and I couldn't give two poops if they ever win one. Bron was a complete and total flop. Sure, give Dallas credit for schemes and playing great D and such, but a transcendent player like he's supposed to be finds a way. Maybe he doesn't find a way to score 40, but he finds a way to be relevant and Bron absolutely did not. More importantly, they don't sound like they care.

It's one thing to downplay problems during the series, because you're trying to stay positive and get right. So, you don't want to dwell on a bad game. Put it behind you, even if that starts at the post game. I get that. It doesn't always go over well with the fans, but I understand why you do it. Well, you can officially start to admit that you played like crap, because the season is over. Go into a funk, be depressed, be pissed at yourself. You've got plenty of time to get your head right. Just act like you freaking care and don't try to blow it off.

There are many ways two players can be compared - team wins is one, points per season is another, total career points yet a third. I still think Malone is > Nowitzki over a career but no-one could possibly deny that Nowitzki was by far the dominant player on any team this season and thoroughly deserved his reward, especially looking at his clutch work, which was just unbelievable.

I could care less if someone thinks someone else is better than Dirk. People called him soft for over a decade, they aint saying that anymore. People said he couldnt carry a team to a Championship, they cant say that anymore. So as a Mavs fan, I admit I didnt think Dallas could get this done this yr, and Im pleasantly surprised that they did.

I love bringing this one back up. It seems like you had quite a bit of interest in hockey when the Stars didn't suck balls, which was in 2006, not 1999. It's OK to ba a bandwagon fan as long as you don't try and deny it. :tup:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=2054078

:wacko:

Big difference between a hockey fan and a stars fan. I can name Stars players, but not players on other teams. And really, since Tom Hicks has run this organization in the ground and run off Modano, I didnt even pay as much attention to them this yr. But still watched them play.

As opposed, Ill watch Miami vs Chicago Basketball game, if the Mavs are not on TV, because Im a hoops fan. I play fantasy hoops, and have interest in the sport outside of Dallas. Hockey, I have no interest outside of Dallas, and our owner has run our team in the ground its hard to watch.

I have not watched a single hockey playoff game this yr. So maybe I mispoke, as far as being a hockey fan, vs a Stars fan.