[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL sunday ticket

frenzal rhomb

Worst case is you'll get it for $27.99/month for 6 months. That's the highest I've seen posted after someone calls and says they're leaving..

First thing I did was when the voice prompt asked what I would like to do, I said "cancel service". It went directly to retention. I then told them that new customers are getting NFL Sunday ticket for free and I'll just cancel my service and get it from someplace else, less the cost of DirecTV. They came back and offered it at 50% off. I said no, considering new customers are getting it for free. She said please hold and then came back about 5 minutes later and gave it to me.

IMPORTANT INFO here.... NFL Sunday tickets auto renews after the season so you must cancel after the season is over. Also, don't cancel early or there is an actual early termination fee. I think there is a small window here when they still can get you so when it's close to the end of the season, you need to find out what this window is so you still are not charged for anything....

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- One more thing - not saying it didn't happen - but whoever said that DirecTV gave them the NFL Ticket for free is full of it.

Great wife parallel!

Not saying it didn't happen? Ha, yeah, you kind of are and I'm far from "full of it". My account overview page, under My Programming, My Sports below. Proof is in the pudding. Seriously man, depending who you talk to, you CAN make this happen. When I first called in, I was immediately sent to retention as I simply said "cancel" both times for the voice prompt as BearBroncos mentioned above. You got a great deal, don't hate on those that actually got ST for free. :wacko:

PS - No comments on the Soccer I pay for. :tup:

My DTV Sports

Edited by jimerc21

but whoever said that DirecTV gave them the NFL Ticket for free is full of it.

I got it for free.

My husband and I have had the ticket for 11 years. I called to complain about our bill being too high, in an attempt to angle later in the call to get the ticket at a discount. I don't need the choice + package, so I dropped down to the choice.

So, all in all, I got a discount on the package drop of $15, I moved to direct payment, $10 more, and because I have ATT DSL got another $5 off per month for 24 months, this equals $720 off. She had already told me I could get ticket for half off, but when she was keying in the deals/discounts, the system prompted her I was eligible for NFL ticket %100 free.

$1060 Savings.

All in all, I would have to say I am very pleased, GO COWBOYS!!!

- One more thing - not saying it didn't happen - but whoever said that DirecTV gave them the NFL Ticket for free is full of it. I told them I didn't care about the other stuff, they can save some money and not give me all the other stuff - just give me the NFL Ticket for free. They're NOT allowed to - some legal thing. Ultimately it comes out to more with the $20/month off on my normal bill for the next two years..

It happened to me. The guy put me on hold to "talk to a supervisor" and came back and offered me ST for free. I had the Ticket it in the past but didn't last year and my contract with dtv is up this month. Not sure if that was a factor or not but I didn't even ask for ST Free, I just told the guy "I think you can do better."

:wacko::lol: I just have to thank all of you Huddlers!!!! :rofl::tup: Just got the ticket for free. They offered it for 1/2 price,I told them that i heard of customers getting it for free and she didn't hesitate to give it to me for free. I've been with direct tv for 8 years and this is my first year with the ticket. CALL NOW!!! Don't be shy. You guys rock!!!

I guess the guy I was talking to from DirecTV was full of it when he gave me some rant about how there was some sort of legal reason they couldn't offer it for free. I was hoaxed! Bamboozled! Robbed! LIED TO! Lol..

I still got a sweet deal. While I'm paying basically half price of the NFL ticket, I still get $20/month off my bill for the next 24 months + 6 months of free movie channels. It all worked out in the long run - actually it's cheaper than just the free Ticket..

** Noted for next year though as they didn't make me agree to another "contract". Call to cancel again and if they come through I'll stay. If they tell me to get bent well then hello local cable **

I called yesterday and at first he offered $50 off my bill. When I laughed at him and told him no thanks go ahead and cancel, he asked if I understood he was giving me $50 a month for a year (I know he didn't ,but played along). We, finally, comprimised at $70 per month for a year and I came away very happy! This is the 5th or 6th year I have asked and received a substantial discount.

:wacko:

I called yesterday and at first he offered $50 off my bill. When I laughed at him and told him no thanks go ahead and cancel, he asked if I understood he was giving me $50 a month for a year (I know he didn't ,but played along). We, finally, comprimised at $70 per month for a year and I came away very happy! This is the 5th or 6th year I have asked and received a substantial discount.

:tup:

I'm very happy to start playing this game year after year! And if they don't want to play along - I have no issues cancelling.. :wacko:

IMPORTANT INFO here.... NFL Sunday tickets auto renews after the season so you must cancel after the season is over. Also, don't cancel early or there is an actual early termination fee. I think there is a small window here when they still can get you so when it's close to the end of the season, you need to find out what this window is so you still are not charged for anything....

From my past few years experience - just call at the end of the season and tell them to cancel it from auto-renewing. And then based on what a lot of people are doing this year, go through this same routine next year when football season is starting..

Just realized that the Sunday Ticket-to-go is also a subscribe service. :wacko:

This does not work and I am pissed!!! Games do not play over my PC - called and she says too much internet traffic - no SHAM WOW!!!!

I bought this because a few of us from work are heading to Europe in about an hour and they told me over the phone yesterday that i could watch the night games on the plane tonight and could watch Packer game next Sunday from any pub with wifi - just got off the phone and said I will get all my money back when I return if this is not fixed tonight OR next Sunday.

I also have a sneaky feeling I won't be able to watch the Packer game next Sunday due to blackout in my area - It says the Bear game is blacked out right now because it is a local channel for me - wonder if Packer game will be local next Sunday even thought I am streaming from Europe - Directv assured me that will not be the case but they are usually lacking in brain power.

We will see I guess but not a happy camper right now.