[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your favorite dish from one of your favorite eats

rajncajn

We tried a mom and pop, $5 lunch special joint about a mile from the new house called Pasta China. Half Italian, half Chinese. Most of the dishes ran from pretty bad to meh. But they make something called a Firecracker Eggroll. It's a jalapeno popper and some chopped chicken inside an egg roll. It's $1, and I swear it's maybe the best thing I've eaten since we moved. Unreal good.

Let's hope that was chicken ... was Old Dirty Chinese Resturaunt (formerly Old Dirty Bastard) there eating?

Seriously, that sounds like it may be the scariest place in the world to eat. Bless you for taking your family there. :wacko:

Divey little place called Jose's Courtyard in La Jolla Ca. serves a great Machaca burrito. You can find it across from the La Valencia Hotel on Prospect Ave.

Might have to try that next time I'm over that way. :wacko:

My boss took me to some little Chinese closet in Ocean Beach a few weeks back & the Kung Pao Shrimp was pretty tasty. I think it was called Little Chef?

None of these places stuck around, but a couple of bars nearby had some standout appetizers on their menus.

- Deep fried grilled cheese (Texas toast with thick mozz and dipped in batter then fried) served with marinara for dipping

- Deep fried jalapeno "bottle caps" dipped in ranch

- Maple coated Bacon sticks (basically 1/2 lb. of bacon cooked crispy (thick cut) then coated in maple syrup and cooled so it coated the bacon) sweet and salty all in one

The other food at these joints wasn't great, but man these were good artery cloggers. I've seen the jalapenos elsewhere but not the other two items.