[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

College World Series

darin3

I usually only pay attention to college baseball once the CWS rolls around, but since I took on some new writing gigs, I have been paying more attention to the sport in general.

Kinda bummed that Rosenblatt is now defunct, but the new joint looks pretty sweet.

Don't know a whole lot about the teams, other than Texas, but I know that Florida can tear the cover off the ball in long-ball fashion (and will be facing UT's stellar pitching).

With the NBA over and the NFL lockout still going, it's nice to at least have something somewhat-entertaining to check out every couple of days.

Anyone with rooting interests?

I usually only pay attention to college baseball once the CWS rolls around, but since I took on some new writing gigs, I have been paying more attention to the sport in general.

Kinda bummed that Rosenblatt is now defunct, but the new joint looks pretty sweet.

Don't know a whole lot about the teams, other than Texas, but I know that Florida can tear the cover off the ball in long-ball fashion (and will be facing UT's stellar pitching).

With the NBA over and the NFL lockout still going, it's nice to at least have something somewhat-entertaining to check out every couple of days.

Anyone with rooting interests?

I'm not much of a baseball fan, but I went to the Virginia vs. Cal game on Sunday afternoon. The ballpark is pretty sweet. I know there was a lot of nostalgia with Rosenblatt, but honestly they would have had to tear it down and re build so it would have been different regardless. All the buzz I've heard has been positive with lots of things to do. Even though it might be a little more "corporate" than all the tents set up on people's lawns, I think in the end it's still a good product and a better experience for first timers.

The Heels got a tough draw and certainly didn't do themselves any favors by stranding all those base runners in game one. That kid they brought out for game 2 is something else though.

But they're building quite a program out here. What's this 5 of the last 6 CWS? Pretty nice.

One of my favorite sporting events of the year. I too, will miss Rosenblatt but out with the old, in with the new, usually prevails. South Carolina looks tough and could repeat. Florida is strong and Virginia has a good club too. I was kind of hoping to see the kids from the baptist school in Texas get in as that would have been a great story to root for.