[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Spanking your kid is a crime

jetsfan

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my Mexicans spanked his son, 6 YO, in Wal-Mart. Some random lady began admonishing him ane threatened to call the cops.

He basically told her, you can call the cops on me now or on him later when he grows up to be a little gang banger and he car jacks you, so step off bitch....

I share the writer's confusion. :wacko:

In Texas not only is corporal punishment allowed by law, it’s one of the few states where spanking is allowed in schools.

So the Judge is basically just making chit up here or what?

Even under the Texas guidelines the woman was in the wrong because the mark lasted more than an hour.

Spanking may or may not be illegal from state to state, but its evidence of lazy parenting in all of them.

:wacko:

this country has become a Ginsuing joke

In other shocking news flashes, Hollywood admits to a liberal bias and the Lindbergh baby was found.

ie have you been in another country with no outside connections whatsoever for several decades?

Spanking may or may not be illegal from state to state, but its evidence of lazy parenting in all of them.

Your statement is evidence of massive stupidity. Another shocker.

Spanking isn't inherently good or bad (or lazy) FYI. It's all about how and why it's done.

I love how this is a "crime" but it's not for mental midgets to spoil their kids rotten and/or fail to properly discipline/teach them how to behave.

In other shocking news flashes, Hollywood admits to a liberal bias and the Lindbergh baby was found.

ie have you been in another country with no outside connections whatsoever for several decades?

yes

Racist

Sounds like this lady could be a real POS, so I certainly wouldn't presume to defend her personally, but I think that for most good and loving parents, spanking can have a proper time and place.

:shakeshead:

I expected more from you, Savage Beatings.

I've never spanked my children. Not once.

I dare you to find better behaved children.

i teach all kinds of kids that have never been spanked. that is why they are in my school, they are shit heads, very smart shit heads at that!

i teach all kinds of kids that have never been spanked. that is why they are in my school, they are shit heads, very smart shit heads at that!

The absence of spanking is hardly proof of good parenting. But good parenting never requires hitting.

:shakeshead:

I expected more from you, Savage Beatings.

Please don't shun me! :wacko:

For the record, I have never had to spank my son. There, does that make you feel better? But I would not want you hippies taking away my right to do so if I felt it was necessary. And I maintain that it could be warranted even though I've never done it myself, and my son is pretty much beyond spanking age now.

Please don't shun me! :wacko:

For the record, I have never had to spank my son. There, does that make you feel better? But I would not want you hippies taking away my right to do so if I felt it was necessary. And I maintain that it could be warranted even though I've never done it myself, and my son is pretty much beyond spanking age now.

Same here, we have never ever had to spank our daughter. She'll be entering her senior year and she's been grounded all of maybe ten times over her life. But had it ever been needed, we would have done it in a heartbeat.

And... there is something to be said I guess, about the kids bottom being red what seems like a crazy amount of time afterward. It could have been shortly afterward, I don't know. But there is only so much a two year old can learn from a spanking. I mean - its typically the reality of a spanking and the hurt feelings that does the job more than the pain of the spanking, so this may in fact have been a little overboard.

I guess we really need to define spanking. Have I swatted my daughter on the butt, yes. The most recent time is when she grabbed hold of a tea glass and was postured in the throwing motion. I told her "No" and to put the glass down, she giggled... As I was reaching out to grab her arm, she let fly with the glass and it shattered all over the floor, one swat on the butt and a stern "No".

I see nothing wrong with my actions.

I guess we really need to define spanking. Have I swatted my daughter on the butt, yes. The most recent time is when she grabbed hold of a tea glass and was postured in the throwing motion. I told her "No" and to put the glass down, she giggled... As I was reaching out to grab her arm, she let fly with the glass and it shattered all over the floor, one swat on the butt and a stern "No".

I see nothing wrong with my actions.

Pretty much the way I handle my kids as well. If they don't listen they may get a smack in the ass to get their attention. It doesn't happen often. I have never used an object other then an open hand to smack them. It's really more of an attention getter then anything else.

Pretty much the way I handle my kids as well. If they don't listen they may get a smack in the ass to get their attention. It doesn't happen often. I have never used an object other then an open hand to smack them. It's really more of an attention getter then anything else.

its all about the hurt feelings