[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Spanking your kid is a crime

jetsfan

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THis lockout is getting under yer skin, ain't it? :wacko:

yo mama's responses in this thread make me look meek & humble, beside being so incredibly wrong at the same time. That is a level of arrogant stupidity that is almost impossible to acheive - no small feat.

yo mama's responses in this thread make me look meek & humble, beside being so incredibly wrong at the same time. That is a level of arrogant stupidity that is almost impossible to acheive - no small feat.

While discipline is certainly required, I have yet to experience a situation with my own children that required violence. Not once.

Edited by yo mama

uh-oh, the lawyer may have to admit that he is qualified to be admitted as an expert witness

Perfect! Because that's precisely what I'm want an expert opinion on. If I am to correct the error of my ways it would be helpful to know how often a "good parent" should strike their child.

Might be time for Yo Mama to quietly exit the thread. :wacko:

:tup: Not likely. People are trying to justify violence against children, and somehow *I'm* the bad guy. I'm perfectly happy standing up for the losing side of this argument.

Perfect! Because that's precisely what I'm want an expert opinion on. If I am to correct the error of my ways it would be helpful to know how often a "good parent" should strike their child.

Depends on how hard you hit them.

:lol: Not likely. People are trying to justify violence against children, and somehow *I'm* the bad guy. I'm perfectly happy standing up for the losing side of this argument.

Bullsh*t. You're arrogantly proclaiming that your parenting techniques are right and everyone else is wrong and when you were challenged you turned into a sarcastic little b*tch.

Sorry in advance for the name-calling. :tup:

And smacking a child is hardly "violence against children". :wacko:

You been hanging out with ratsass lately?

Hitting a child is wrong. Period. If you can't find a better way that's on you.

I'm curious about your stand on partial birth abortion.

Me, as I child I was spanked, with a belt. The question was whether it was to be the strap end only, or the buckle end. I held hate in my heart at those moments, not for my actions which were being punished, but to my punisher.

I have never spanked as a parent. I did reserve to myself the right to do so, but never exercised that right.

I have wanted to spank the spoiled rotten bratty children of others. I have also wanted to spank those who allowed therir kids to become overindulged brats with no respect for their elders.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

That was a joke, in case you really didn't pick up on it.

ditto.

Hey, let's assume all parents love their kids and want their kids to be well mannered. If you can attain that result without hitting, isn't that something worth striving for?

ditto.

Hey, let's assume all parents love their kids and want their kids to be well mannered. If you can attain that result without hitting, isn't that something worth striving for?

:wacko:

Interesting question that brings up a lot of thoughts for me personally. Allow me to share if you will.

I grew up getting the occasional smack in the ass. I think the end result was me having a slight fear of my father. I never hated him, because any time I got a smack in the ass, it was well deserved. I think being a little scared of authority as a young child is not a bad thing. I don't know you, I don't know your kids. If they are well behaved and respect their elders and have never gotten a smack in the ass, then good for you. However, the end result or goal (at least in my opinion) is having respectful, well adjusted children. I certainly don't want my kids to hate me, but I also think they need to understand and respect authority, and in my opinion, an occasional smack helps enforce that. I know this doesn't necessarily answer your question, but hopefully provides some insight to my line of thinking.

Edited by Hugh 0ne