[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Local Hot Sauce

fingfootball

Everybody can go to the store and get Tobasco or Red Hot. Anybody have some local favorite hot sauces they can recommend? I have found a good one here in Missouri, its Old Missouri Bushwacker Brand. Ive been able to get the Sweet Smoke-N-Whiskey flavor so far. Not too hot and kinda has a light BBQ flavor to it. Tomorrow Im going to the city and gonna pick up a couple of other flavors. As a Mizzou fan, Jawhawker Hell sounds pretty good.

Anyway, I am looking for some other flavors that arent just the same old. And maybe be able to order online.

All I know is that my wife is Cajun and likes stuff hot n' spicy... and her Dad made some hot sauce and put it in a plastic water bottle for us about a year ago. It still has about 98% left... it's wicked.

I am a wuss, but I like the milder hot sauces in some situations.

My chef has been playing around in the kitchen making his own hot sauce. Amusingly enough, he made an evil concoction with this ghost pepper. that he got at a specialty market "for fun". He asked me to try some. Not knowing he made something with a mouth feel of battery acid and lava, I took a spoonful.

He looks shocked . . . and tells me what is in it, as my mouth turns to flame and I start chugging milk straight from the gallon jug as tears start running down my face.

Beware the ghost pepper my friends . . . beware. If he ever starts marketing this stuff, I will be sure to send you a bottle fing. Use it on Mexican food . . . or use it to clean tarnished silver. Either way . . .

Edited by bpwallace49

lol - pass. I'm not interested in burning my mouth or trying to impress people w/how hot of a pepper I can handle. Red habanaro is as hot as I ever care for, and then only sparingly.

dude

you drink crap beer AND crap hot sauce. Yer quickly falling out of my top 5 favorites...

For slow cooking I use mostly Dave's Insanity, very sparingly. Most people use TOO much hot sauce. Dave's can be mucho caliente for sure, but a couple drops in a batch of chili etc. is just right and really tasty. Everyday on eggs, wraps etc. I go Tapatio.