[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Casey Anthony Trial

matt770

The jurors refused to appear before the media and want to maintain their privacy. Big shock there.

They wondered too when Casey is released in two days where she will go since she threw her entire family under the bus.

The jurors aren't going to talk until someone starts writing them checks.

Casey won't talk until someone starts writing her checks and gives her a few redbull and vodkas and then enters her into a wet T-shirt contest...

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The jurors refused to appear before the media and want to maintain their privacy. Big shock there.

I also refused to speak to the media (I was the jury foreman) after the murder trial I spoke of above. While some say there is no such thing as bad publicity, I could see nothing good coming of it for me.

In my experience, jurors do not want to talk to anyone after a trial is over. Lawyers commonly, through the court, ask the jurors if they will speak to them after a trial is over. In theory, it could be a great learning tool.

However, most of the time the jurors don't want to do it. This is after simple civil trials. I can't imagine that they would want to discuss a criminal trial, particularly one of that magnitude.

Makes you wonder why only two weeks ago the defense was trying to get her to be found incompetent for trial.

Wow...good point.

I thought that, and note that I have no education nor experience in criminal law except (for the time I stole a beer from a circle K as a teenager but was never charged cause I made it out and drank it :wacko: ) the 1st degree murder charge was the big mistake here? There wasn't enough evidence to prove it. How do we know her estranged "boyfriend/possible father didn't do it". If I were her, I'd change my name, go blonde, move and become a nun. It seemed like a long shot to convict her and make her the third woman in FL history to be put to death. The other two were serial killers. Weird trial the whole way through.

Anyone watching? Beats any courtroom drama I've ever seen. Today's testimony is riveting.

She's obviously guilty as sin, but the defense is throwing everything includng the kitchen sink out there to create doubt. If there was not a history of complete jury idiocy in this country, this might be less interesting...but I could see her getting off just for that reason.

God bless these grandparents...losing a granddaughter, now having to endure scumbag Baez. Though I have to give him his due, he's doing his best to turn chicken sh*t into chicken salad.

Yeah, did not pay any attention, read about 3 paragraphs and wanted to drive 8 hrs and beat the crap out of the south.* Decided I'd rather be a good parent to my own kids than devote time and effort to what heinous stuff rotten parents do to their kids - not that we shouldn't attempt to stamp it out, but you can only control what you can control.

I feel this is a solid decision.

* - for no other reason than the region harbors this....uh, person[/]i

In my mind, not listening to anything the talking heads have said for 3 years, there is just NO way she wasn't responsible.

That's a big problem right there: Nancy Grace is as despicable and anyone involved in the case, and if you followed the talkin heads then you exposed yourself to info that was designed to titillate and draw ratings. If you condemn Casey for the upcoming book deal and don't buy it hen I hope you condemn the talking heads who dragged people through the mud and already have millions in profits from a little girls death.

It's very revealing that people would rather disregard the workings of out legal process and decide what they caught between a few commercial breaks makes for better evidence than discovery processes, and calls for a new definition of reasonable doubt. :wacko:

Basically what this trial says is it is no longer possible to convict based on circumstantial evidence alone. I was talking to my wife about it, I said if she were to Google "husband needs to die now" and "how to murder your husband" and "how to strangle your husband with piano wire" and three months later I'm found in the woods strangled with the piano wire still around my neck and "hope she was worth it you horrible husband" scrawled on my torso, as long as there is no videotape of her doing it, and she had the good sense not to leave any DNA behind, then a jury would not convict her. My wife nodded as I said these things and said "yeah...." and sat deep in thought for a while.

Or, like I said before, the jurors are just complete morans. Anyone remember the interviews with the OJ jurors? I think if you put the 12 of them in a row boat in the middle of a lake with a map to shore and a compass, they would all drown. One of them literally quoted Johnny Cochran verbatim -- "If the glove don't fit, you must acquit...so, we acquitted" and looked puzzled that he was even asked the question. Give the defense credit -- their job is to exclude the doctors, lawyers, anyone with gray matter, and end up with the people who sue McDonald's because the coffee is too hot. They say if you're innocent, let a judge decide your fate. If you're guilty, go with a jury, because you never know what the hell they are going to do.

Do lawyers that suck and can't make it on their own become Prosecutors?

Funny, no one ripped the prosecutors before yesterday's verdict. I'll admit I only caught parts of the last 2 weeks of the trial, but I thought they did very well and definitely proved manslaughter at the very least.

Conversely Baez was lambasted in the press for bungling the case and suddenly he's Tom Cruise in A Few Good Men.

She was convicted in the court of public opinon long before the trial started.

But that aint how the justice system works. I think the prosecution dropped the ball here . . . and the defense did just enough for make a reasonable doubt.

Doesnt mean "justice" was done . . . but it mean that DA will be looking for a new job pretty soon.