[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jehovah Witness door knockers

BeeR

Amazingly, this didn't used to be much of a problem even here in a real "bible belt" area. But lately it's almost a once-a-week thing. We never answer the door when these PITAs ring the bell and recently when I was working in the yard as the JH home boys came walking down the (long) driveway I waved them off as I shook my head and said loudly and firmly "no thanks." They took the hint and turned right around and left, but keep coming back like ants at a picnic. Time to get nasty? In one way I respect that these people are trying to do what they think is the right thing...it's just that they aren't the sharpest tools in the shed ie don't get how ridiculously ineffective this is and more to the point, won't take a hint. For those that have dealt with this, what did you do (short of shotguns)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was a kid my dad answered the door naked, holding a shotgun. And they *still* came back.

Eventually they stopped after I politely asked one of my high school JW friends to "take me off their list." Never bothered us again.

Tell them you worship the devil. Seriously.

lol

Has crossed my mind. But I'd rather not have to talk to their dumbasses at all.

A nasty sign on the door with a slaughtered goat maybe? :wacko:

Eventually they stopped after I politely asked one of my high school JW friends to "take me off their list." Never bothered us again.

Oh cmon.

Edited by BeeR

Post a sign. No solicitors. I've already got Jesus, a home alarm system, gutters, and magazine subscriptions. Keep on walking.

Thought about that but I think they'd pull the "we aren't selling anything" bit.

They're always black around here, so maybe a "KKK meeting here tonight" might do it? :wacko:

But lately it's almost a once-a-week thing.

funny, I've never in my life had one come to the door.

I would almost bet some huddler dug up your private info and submitted it to some list of people seeking info from the black jehova's witness group. :wacko:

funny, I've never in my life had one come to the door.

I would almost bet some huddler dug up your private info and submitted it to some list of people seeking info from the black jehova's witness group. :tup:

:wacko:

I tried calling a couple of the local branch offices or churches or whatever and nobody will answer. You might be right.

I swear I was targeted by JW's for a while. Four of them would pull up in a car, come straight to my house, I'd blow them off in short order and they'd leave. Sometimes they would just get back in their car and drive off or they'd spend a short amount of time canvasing the neighborhood. The last few times I saw them roll up I quickly opened several windows, grabbed some hardcore metal or death metal, turned on my stereo and cranked it to 11. They haven't been back in years.

It might not matter some much in big cities. But in middle to small towns it probably not a good idea to give JW a real hard time. These folks are business owners, bankers, police, sheriff/deputies even city council members. Besides, just because you have a door on your house doesnt mean you have to answer it. At my place they knock a couple of times and move on.

They don't bother me that much. They believe in something so strongly that they are willing to walk all day and talk about it. I will usually listen for a couple of minutes.

This. They're not really trying to sell you anything. They're annoying but they think they're helping you. I've always been nice to them.

They don't bother me that much. They believe in something so strongly that they are willing to walk all day and talk about it. I will usually listen for a couple of minutes.

This. They're not really trying to sell you anything. They're annoying but they think they're helping you. I've always been nice to them.

Same here. There are much worse than them.

Same here. There are much worse than them.

Had one come to the door today. The sweetest old lady you'd ever meet. I listened for a minute...she gave me the obligatory pamphlet and was on her way. WWaaayyyy more dedicated to her cause than I would ever be. I don't have a problem with them.

We all get so caught up in our routines that if anyone disrupts it then we're on the defensive. I'm guilty of this too. But if a salesman rings my doorbell at a reasonable hour I'll listen to him and be nice. Tough economy and we're all trying to get by. But the Mormons and JWs are different. They are sacrificing a lot and trying to make a difference...although I disagree with their beliefs. And Christians should see this as a perfect opportunity to "plant the seed."