[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jehovah Witness door knockers

BeeR

Here I am. My computer died. :wacko:

I am a Witness although have not been practicing for about 5 years now.

Quite simply, if you do not want them at your door just ask them not to come back. The one you speak to should then give your name and address to the one overseeing the territories and make a notation of it. Perhaps every year or two an elder may come by just to see if you are still living there or if you have changed your mind on the matter.

Many people actually know very little about our beliefs even though they think they do. For example, most people will say we do not believe in Jesus which is far from the truth. We accept Jesus as our savior just as many of you do we just do not belief that Jesus and God (Jehovah) are the same persons. many have spread lies about our beliefs a well.

As for all the name calling, thats expected, we just "shake the dust off their feet" and move on. JW's are just like many other people, they raise families, they work, they enjoy sports, etc. The door to door work is actually a very effective way in "making diciplies" as the bible commands us to do. many have responded and are actually quite grateful for the visits and bible discussions and ask us to return even though they may not become a JW. This work is being done around the world and done free of charge. Yes, donations are sometimes ask for to help with the work but is not required to recieve bible based litature or to discuss the bible. Actually when you consider the time, gas and wear and tear on the car it actually cost us quite a bit. How many other persons have enough faith in their religion that they are willing to do this?

As I mentioned in another post, I will not agrue with anyone about my beliefs but if you want to know about them or have a question I will do my best to answer them. :tup:

See? A friendly request and a little respect and you be taken of "the list." The larger question is whether Beer is genetically capable of being either friendly or respectful to a JW.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See? A friendly request and a little respect and you be taken of "the list." The larger question is whether Beer is genetically capable of being either friendly or respectful to a JW.

Good info here.

Who is Jesus, exactly?

Jesus is God's son, "the firstborn of all creation". He was made in like image, meaning same personality and traits. Just as we may have a child, they are said to be like us, they are not us "Everything else was made by him and for him". Jesus is not part of a trinity but rather a seperate person. I can give scriptual support of my beliefs for those who desire but don't want to get into violating Huddle policy.

Solicitors think, in their heart, that they are doing something good for you. The more you blow them off, the more they want to help you undertand what they are telling you. It's human nature. I always thank them before I tell them I'm not interested and that is the best deal breaker there is.