[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Been on any food "kicks" lately

BeeR

My food "kicks" have been largely defined by using up what's coming from the garden. That means endless cucumber salads and ways to cook okra. Once the billion or so tomatoes that are out there refusing to ripen start to turn, it will be all about them.

My food "kicks" have been largely defined by using up what's coming from the garden. That means endless cucumber salads and ways to cook okra. Once the billion or so tomatoes that are out there refusing to ripen start to turn, it will be all about them.

Det, teach 'em a lesson! Fried Green Tomatoes!

Det, teach 'em a lesson! Fried Green Tomatoes!

Sick of waiting, we cut some thick and threw them on the grill, adding them to a salad of (yes) cucumbers, green and yellow wax beans (from the yard), and grilled red onion. Honestly, they're about as tasty that way as ripe. Made a nice side for some grilled steak.

After pulling out the ole deep fryer this past weekend, homemade tortilla chips and fresh salsa or guacamole are on tap whenever the mood strikes.

Been very strict on the diet lately, but caved last night for one of my weaknesses - a semi-odd combination - chocolate chip ice cream and apple sauce.... mm... first bites with the ice cream still firm, then start mashing it in and stirring as the ice cream melts.

After pulling out the ole deep fryer this past weekend, homemade tortilla chips and fresh salsa or guacamole are on tap whenever the mood strikes.

Been very strict on the diet lately, but caved last night for one of my weaknesses - a semi-odd combination - chocolate chip ice cream and apple sauce.... mm... first bites with the ice cream still firm, then start mashing it in and stirring as the ice cream melts.

Real, fresh tortilla chips are evil good. I've been having a burrito problem lately. When i'm not eating burritos I'm probably eating ramen, not the instant kind.

I've been on a strange kick lately. . . V8. In the morning, in the afternoon. . . I find myself waking up in the middle of the night and drinking a glass of it.

I'm going through a 64 ounce container about every other day.

I've been on a strange kick lately. . . V8. In the morning, in the afternoon. . . I find myself waking up in the middle of the night and drinking a glass of it.

I'm pretty sure that means you are having your period, don't worry it's natural for all young women :wacko:

lately its been messican. not your taco and burrito fair but marinated/grilled meats in fresh tortilla with avacoda and salsa. completely hooked and trying to get better at it since it is not something I am familiar with. some are good some are ok but I am loving the journey.

lately its been messican. not your taco and burrito fair but marinated/grilled meats in fresh tortilla with avacoda and salsa. completely hooked and trying to get better at it since it is not something I am familiar with. some are good some are ok but I am loving the journey.

If you want to learn traditional Mexican cooking check out Rick Bayless' book Mexico One Plate at a Time.

Watch the salt, dude. That chight's got a ton of it. No more than a lot of things, but more than you'd expect from something "healthy"