[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Been on any food "kicks" lately

BeeR

If you want to learn traditional Mexican cooking check out Rick Bayless' book Mexico One Plate at a Time.

I live in the Chicago area and am familar with Bayless and his show, I like it a lot. Been to a couple of his restaurants and that is the main reason I am branching off in this direction. I have one of his cookbooks (Authentic Mexican Cookbook) and everything I have made has been phenominal. Seriously good. But damn, the recipes aint easy to make. Not so much from a technical aspect but time. You have to start some of these things 3 days in advance between soaking the peppers, then marinating the meat properly, ect... Rarely am I that organized.

I live in the Chicago area and am familar with Bayless and his show, I like it a lot. Been to a couple of his restaurants and that is the main reason I am branching off in this direction. I have one of his cookbooks (Authentic Mexican Cookbook) and everything I have made has been phenominal. Seriously good. But damn, the recipes aint easy to make. Not so much from a technical aspect but time. You have to start some of these things 3 days in advance between soaking the peppers, then marinating the meat properly, ect... Rarely am I that organized.

What you need to do is find a good, reliable Latin mercado and carnecia. Hopefully all in one place. Usually where handmade tortillas are made, you will find one of these close by. Your pantry will certainly get a bit fuller, but oh so much deeper and cross functional cooking wise.

For about 2 years I was in love with Homewrecker burritos from Moe's Southwest Grill. Now when I eat there I really notice the hughmongous amount of salt they use. Really hate that sensation hours later, having to keep drinking water. And I just feel like crap when I eat that kind of stuff anymore, getting older I guess.

Then for about a solid year, my wife and I were addicted to Pho (Vietnamese noodle soup). Now I've given up carbs so I'm on a grilled chicken salad "kick". :wacko:

Started as an attempt to lose winter weight, but then I discovered sugar/starches were aggravating the stomach issues I've been battling for about 6 years. Since I gave up carbs, I feel better than I have in years. Lost weight, stomach back to normal, even my skin looks better.