[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst Foods on the planet

detlef

If you go to the bottom of the article, you can find parts 1 and 2

Somewhere along in the past, on one of those days that must have existed but is lost to ancient history, a Viking fellow was stumbling along an Icelandic beach with a large shark over his shoulder when he thought to himself, "Hmm, I'm starving. This is the only food I have. Better leave it here, then." And off he went. My theory doesn't account for how this poisonous fish came to be buried three feet deep and allowed to putrefy in its own bodily fluids for weeks or months, nor how it was dug up again. My theory doesn't explain what caused somebody to want to eat it, knowing it is usually poisonous, or to decide that it was good, and serve it in cubes with toothpicks in it to giggling tourists. I can't explain it, and neither can the rest of the world. Which is why harkarl is still in Iceland, and we all live very far away."

So what does hakarl taste like then? It tastes like crying. It tastes like broken promises. It tastes like the Lord God Almighty ripping the Bible out of your hands and saying, "Sorry, this doesn't apply for you. I think you want "Who Moved My Cheese?" It tastes like the Predator wading into a Care Bears movie and opening fire.

black licorice :wacko:

I've never been into that stuff myself, even though I've developed a bit of a taste for Absinthe and fennel.

One of mine is on his list of 10, natto. Why the hell would you want to eat that crap? Never had that shark stuff from Iceland though. I've certainly never had a craving for Vegemite but it's not like I despise it or anything.

Not much else though. I used to hate Brussels sprouts and peas but not now since I've eaten them fresh.