[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New York Islanders moving?

SeductiveNun

According to this article once their lease is up in 2015 they may be gone. I have not heard many good things about getting in and out of Nassau coliseum, and also that it is a pretty old facility and not a lot of fun to watch a game in - current product notwithstanding. However, this is a franchise that owned the Stanley Cup for a long time and despite it's recent ineptitude has a pretty good history in the league. I would hope this ends up as the Pittsburgh situation where they can figure out a way to keep the Isles where they are.

Anyone else have any better insight into this situation?

I dnot have much that is not already covered but was following this a bit on TSN , and Charles Wang claims to have lost up to 250 million since he bought the team, and they have averaged the lowest fan support overall the last couple years at 11,000 per game.

I also believe i read somewhere that the lease contained a clause that the county would renovate the rink in 1994 as part of the agreement and that really has never happened.

The team has a great core of up and coming players , they could be good ,if not great, if they fired GM Garth Snow and went out and got a top front office guy like Nonis from the leafs and let him build the team.

I seen he was heartbroken at the results, I would be doing backflips, the county just put the blame for losing the islanders on themselves, If he moves the team for, money , a better lease deal or whatever, who will blame him, the county just told him thanks , but no thanks.