[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Next "Fringe" Sport to Take Up a Couple of Weeks

darin3

The Women's World Cup satisfied my need :wacko: for something exciting to watch while the NFL was in lockout. Sure, preseason games start up on Thursday, but the LLWS starts up tomorrow and I'll probably catch a few games here and there, especially if there's a team that tickles my fancy. :tup:

Anyone have a local team or a good story I should latch on to? I haven't even Googled to see if there's a local team or one even from Cali or Texas I can root for.

:lol:

The Women's World Cup satisfied my need :wacko: for something exciting to watch while the NFL was in lockout. Sure, preseason games start up on Thursday, but the LLWS starts up tomorrow and I'll probably catch a few games here and there, especially if there's a team that tickles my fancy. :tup:

Anyone have a local team or a good story I should latch on to? I haven't even Googled to see if there's a local team or one even from Cali or Texas I can root for.

:rofl:

Lamade stadium is about 10 minutes from my house. The Pa. team that's in regionals right now is 2-0 and is from Lock Haven which is 20 miles from here. Hope they make it...that place will be nuts if they do...

http://www.lockhaven.com/page/content.deta...y.html?nav=5080

edit: won again. 3-0 :lol:

Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

They were interviewing some kid from Indiana, who's voice was as deep as mine and he could probably kick my ass. Then, while pitching, he took a batted ball off the instep of his foot... the manager (his pops) went out to check on him, and the managers are miked... and the kid was crying like a little girl. :wacko:

Looks like Pearland, TX is in it again. As much as I hate Houston :tup: maybe I'll have to root for them. I think there's also a good Louisianan team. I think my wife's cousin's kid is about this age... but obviously not in the series otherwise we woulda heard about it! :lol: He's supposedly a halfway decent pitcher. He's tiny, though. Future Greg Maddox. :rofl:

Edited by darin3

Clinton won again today. 4-0. on ESPN tomorrow at 3

Hillary or Bill?

Seriously, with an 11-year old travel base ball player under my roof, we are DVRing every game and watching as much as we can. And yeah, we are rooting hard for the PA team to make it.

On a side note, his travel team lost in the state tourney this year in the semi's 6-5 to the eventual champs. Next year, the same group of kids will be playing for the right to go to Williamsport (must win states and regionals). Kinda cool.

I love the LLWS. I was just at a bar for lunch and watched the ending of a great game between NJ & DE. NJ was leading 2-0 going into the top of the 6th. DE kid hits an opposite field home, to make the score 2-1. Next kid singles up the middle. Next kid, who was pitching for DE, and looked like he was 6 foot tall, rips a single into right center. The CF bobbled it, allowing the kid to go to 3rd. Tall kid steals 2nd, so, you have a 2-1 game with runners at 2nd & 3rd, with no one out. Kid lines out to 2nd baseman.....one out. Next kid pops up to 2B, 2 outs. With the game on the line, the next kid drills a liner that looks to be headed to 2nd when this 11/12 year old 2nd baseman backhands it off the hop, the ball falls slightly out of his glove, he picks it up and throws the kid out from his knees.............simply awesome, and should be tomorrow's top play on Sportscenter. :wacko:

Hillary or Bill?

Seriously, with an 11-year old travel base ball player under my roof, we are DVRing every game and watching as much as we can. And yeah, we are rooting hard for the PA team to make it.

On a side note, his travel team lost in the state tourney this year in the semi's 6-5 to the eventual champs. Next year, the same group of kids will be playing for the right to go to Williamsport (must win states and regionals). Kinda cool.

Won again today 3-0. finals Sunday @ 6. No team from this area has been to the Series since I believe the 60's.

Clinton( Keystone) is in our district. Kind of a sore subject around here b/c they have a much larger area that they pull all stars from. Everyone else just takes kids from their own league.

Anyhow, people are getting excited around here. It'd be cool as hell if they can win one more.

Swammi, I assume your travel team is the same group as your LL team? If not, I'm confused...

I'll be rooting for the Ocean View team from Huntington Beach, CA. :wacko:

They just scored two runs on a 2-run bomb in the top of the 6th to take a 2-1 lead...closer came in and blew away all 3 batters in the bottom of the inning. Game over.

Phenomenal game.

HowBout: the PA game was moved up to 11AM tomorrow due to the impending bad weather.

Swammi, I assume your travel team is the same group as your LL team? If not, I'm confused...

It is...Central Perkiomen Little League. This core group of 11 year olds have played together for 4 years in travel competitions (basically the all-star team from their little league). They made the state tourney by winning districts each of the last three years, but have lost to the same team each time (Springfield, Delaware County)...who are awesome.

Next year, its for the right to play in Williamsport..pretty cool.

They just scored two runs on a 2-run bomb in the top of the 6th to take a 2-1 lead...closer came in and blew away all 3 batters in the bottom of the inning. Game over.

Phenomenal game.

HowBout: the PA game was moved up to 11AM tomorrow due to the impending bad weather.

Meant to catch that game but the wife and I were watchin a movie here at home.

Lots of studly athletes come from HB, Cali. I bet this team goes deep.

Lots of studly athletes come from HB, Cali. I bet this team goes deep.

Talked with our son's T-Ball coach who is heavy into this (has an older kid who is All-Stars, etc., just a couple years younger, so they are into it) and apparently the HB team is one of the favorites. Of course, could be local flair. Watched the team from Montana today - dropping bombs - grand slam for one kid then a two run shot for another.

Amazing the size range of these kids - from 5'1' and 95 lbs. up to 6'2'' and 175 lbs., just nuts.

0-0 in the 3rd. Rain delay.

according to the announcer if they can't play today Pa would advance due to their record. does'nt seem fair...

That is terribly unfair, but I imagine the kids do need to get back to school and such. Even still, I'm sure they'd probably miss the start of school if they went on to Wililamsport. Pretty weak.

Brought the lumber last night. The amount of runs they've given up is ridiculous.

Obviously a hugh game tonight....if they can pull out a win they get thier #1 pitcher back...

:wacko:

Was hugh that Robbins went to extras yesterday, and burned their stud pitcher too (a kid who is likely the best arm in the tourney).

Should be a great game tonight :tup: