[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ryan Williams carted off field

DMD

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People can bash Beanie all they want for failing to do anything with his chances thus far in his career, but I like him now as RB3 with upside. Even with this news, Beanie's reputation is bound to have people looking the other way into the 5th and 6th rounds. But when I look at Arizona, I see a competent QB in Kolb (we'll see just how competent, but Kolb has to be better than the crap there last year), a decent though unspectacular offensive line, and, most importantly, not a single other guy on the roster that will likely threaten him with the majority of RB touches. Will he get hurt? Maybe. But this situation screams opportunity for Wells, and I like the idea of having a guy who might have no choice but to carry the load, especially at this price tag he's likely to have.

MFL ADP has him going #89 overall in drafts starting after August 1. I'm guessing the lion's share of them happened before this morning when Williams' injury was known.

So, yes people are (and have been) looking the other way in rounds 5 and 6. Actually, it seems they've been looking the other way in 7. I'm not against taking my RB3 in the 5th or 6h round, but he'd better damned well be someone who fell and is too good to pass up. Not a guy who has personally shown dick and is toting the rock for a team who has proven itself as a team who simply can't run the ball. Not now and not for as long as I've been in this game.

MFL ADP has him going #89 overall in drafts starting after August 1. I'm guessing the lion's share of them happened before this morning when Williams' injury was known.

So, yes people are (and have been) looking the other way in rounds 5 and 6. Actually, it seems they've been looking the other way in 7. I'm not against taking my RB3 in the 5th or 6h round, but he'd better damned well be someone who fell and is too good to pass up. Not a guy who has personally shown dick and is toting the rock for a team who has proven itself as a team who simply can't run the ball. Not now and not for as long as I've been in this game.

My fifth or sixth round comment was speculation for where his value probably will be now that Williams is out for the year. And to each his own, but looking at the other guys going in the sixth right now in mock drafts, I would rather gamble on Wells than guys like Ced Benson, Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch. It will be interesting to see how both Beanie and the Arizona brass respond to this situation. Will they try to trade for another RB? What free agent RBs might get a look?

Is everyone losing sight of the fact that Wells will miss 6 weeks if he gets a freakin' paper cut? The guy gets his feelings hurt and he'll miss 3 games.

Based on?

The 3 games he missed in college in 3 years?

Or the 3 he missed last year due to effects of a torn knee meniscus?

I drafted him in one of my Dynasty Leagues, before the injury, but after reading this I'm torn on holding him in on my Taxi Hoping he fully recovers or just parting ways and clearing room for another promising rookie.

One of those Dang if you do and Dang if you don't decisions.

I have a buddy I used to bounce theses question off of and trusted (Still Do), but where are not on speaking terms.

What are you other Dynasty Owner Plans?

(Rotoworld) Ryan Williams (knee) is looking at 5-6 months of rehab after he undergoes surgery today, according to an orthopedic surgeon.

Analysis: Williams' ruptured right patellar tendon is a rare injury that is difficult to bounce back from. After surgery, his leg will be immobilized in a brace for a month, causing the quadricep to atrophy. While Williams is tentatively expected back for the 2012 season, we can't bank on a return to previous levels of effectiveness.

I drafted him in one of my Dynasty Leagues, before the injury, but after reading this I'm torn on holding him in on my Taxi Hoping he fully recovers or just parting ways and clearing room for another promising rookie.

One of those Dang if you do and Dang if you don't decisions.

I have a buddy I used to bounce theses question off of and trusted (Still Do), but where are not on speaking terms.

What are you other Dynasty Owner Plans?

(Rotoworld) Ryan Williams (knee) is looking at 5-6 months of rehab after he undergoes surgery today, according to an orthopedic surgeon.

Analysis: Williams' ruptured right patellar tendon is a rare injury that is difficult to bounce back from. After surgery, his leg will be immobilized in a brace for a month, causing the quadricep to atrophy. While Williams is tentatively expected back for the 2012 season, we can't bank on a return to previous levels of effectiveness.

Caddy had the same injury and is still truckin along . . .:wacko:

Caddy had the same injury and is still truckin along . . .:wacko:

caddy was like the #5 pick in the draft and after his rookie season never had a season of more than 800 rushing yards.

What i don't know is if he had the same injury in college and bounced back from that. if that was the case, that would be significant b/c he convinced a team to take him #5 and also looked good his rookie year.

Beanie look quick and decisive yesterday... I hope it continues...

I think this is the main concern. He can't be dancing around. Whisenhunt won't stand for it, I can tell you that.

Those projecting The Bean as a super-sleeper this season got a huge gift with the rook going down. The Cards aren't going to bring in anyone that will be stealing major carries/looks from Wells, assuming he isn't a fumbling machine or incredibly inefficient.

Fast, large and brutish. This version of The Bean will once again force DBs to make 'business decisions'. "Do I tackle this guy, or do I want to keep playing another few years?" :wacko:

Are we to understand that Wells is something we've never seen the likes of before?

I don't know, you've got a guy who's been very much a let down, on a team that has shown it can't really run the ball well at all. Now you take this under-performing RB on a team that can't run and you remove all viable competition for PT that he has. And we're to expect him to all of sudden get better?

Stranger things have happened, I suppose. Wells could go off this year. But he's going to go off on someone's fantasy roster other than mine.

Are we to understand that Wells is something we've never seen the likes of before?

I don't know, you've got a guy who's been very much a let down, on a team that has shown it can't really run the ball well at all. Now you take this under-performing RB on a team that can't run and you remove all viable competition for PT that he has. And we're to expect him to all of sudden get better?

Stranger things have happened, I suppose. Wells could go off this year. But he's going to go off on someone's fantasy roster other than mine.

Guess it's the way you look at it.

He had 793 yards and 7 TDs off 176 carries; with a 4.5 YPC average in his rookie campaign. That's pretty decent for a rookie campaign and hence the expectations from him going into his second year.

Then he tore his knee meniscus in the 4th preseason game of year 2, played through it, had surgery for it during the season which wasn't revealed at all until later; and remained largely ineffective. Having no real NFL QB clearly played a big part as well. He also didn't block, pretty much giving away to opponents it was a run if he was on the field

This preseason, the 'look test' and his performance indicate he's showing the same explosiveness as his rookie year. He's blocked extremely well. Also, always being used to be 'the man', not having the competitiion, rightly or wrongly, seems to be helping him mentally.

So, to me, the bad 2nd year and the fact that Arizona RBs sucked in 1986 don't have as much to do with what Beanie will do this year; as do the other indicators. But that's just me..I'm also an OSU homer

Guess it's the way you look at it.

He had 793 yards and 7 TDs off 176 carries; with a 4.5 YPC average in his rookie campaign. That's pretty decent for a rookie campaign and hence the expectations from him going into his second year.

Then he tore his knee meniscus in the 4th preseason game of year 2, played through it, had surgery for it during the season which wasn't revealed at all until later; and remained largely ineffective. Having no real NFL QB clearly played a big part as well. He also didn't block, pretty much giving away to opponents it was a run if he was on the field

This preseason, the 'look test' and his performance indicate he's showing the same explosiveness as his rookie year. He's blocked extremely well. Also, always being used to be 'the man', not having the competitiion, rightly or wrongly, seems to be helping him mentally.

So, to me, the bad 2nd year and the fact that Arizona RBs sucked in 1986 don't have as much to do with what Beanie will do this year; as do the other indicators. But that's just me..I'm also an OSU homer

Not only tore his knee, but was part of a horrible passing game that allowed defenses to stack the line. It goes back to the coaching staff not wanting to put to much on the rookie in a lost season. With Kolb and a healthy Wells, I see big things for the kid.