[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tim Hightower

skinsfan827

How much has his value risen in the first two preseason games? Everyone hates what Shanny means to a fantasy backfield, but this popular misconception has more to do with last year with the Redskins. Where we went into the preseason with the new "over the hill gang". Featuring Clinton Portis, Larry Johnson, and "used to be fast" Willie Parker, where none emerged and the oft injured Ryan Torrain took the helm. Now Shanny has fresh legs to work with and they are running all over the place. Hightowers stats thus far: 16/114/1 and adding a catch in each game. All of this against first team defenses. Torrain hasn't seen the field and, as I've said before, he may not make the opening day roster. I'm excited to see what Hightower can do this year. I think he could be a solid RB2. What say you?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he fumbled yesterday which isn't a good sign with Shanahan.

Also Hightower played against Pittsburgh without Harrison and Polamalu, and the Colts, so it's not that impressive.

Hightower fumbled his way out of Arizona. Helu lost the ball and it was recovered by the skins. BTW, I love when people say this isnt a good sign with a certain coach. Tell me which coach thinks fumbling is a good sign.

Helu is the future back in Washington.

Helu looked very explosive also, but I'm not taking an opinion on the Redskins from a Cowboy fan. Not much objectivity there

well, I'm an Eagle fan so I won't bother either.

But go ahead, trust Shanahan to pick a workhorse back and stick with him all season :wacko::tup::lol:

Helu looked very explosive also, but I'm not taking an opinion on the Redskins from a Cowboy fan. Not much objectivity there

LMAO, I could care less about your opinion of my objectivity. You posted, I replied. Wont happen again. :wacko:

LMAO, I could care less about your opinion of my objectivity. You posted, I replied. Wont happen again. :wacko:

testy testy... I was playing bro. I agree about Helu. He looked amazing last night minus that fumble. I think both backs could end up having solid fantasy value this year.

since when is good and relevant the same thing. Geez, you get more ignorant with every post.

You can't be serious. This whole pissing match started when I claimed it was a quantifiable fact that AZ is doomed at RB in a post where I cautioned someone about owning one on his FF team. Now, because I used the phrase "statistically relevant" you're staking your argument on the semantic difference between "good" and "relevant"?

Hightower fumbled his way out of Arizona. Helu lost the ball and it was recovered by the skins. BTW, I love when people say this isnt a good sign with a certain coach. Tell me which coach thinks fumbling is a good sign.

Helu is the future back in Washington.

Difference being, Shanny will cut your dairy air. Not bench, not reassign you.. but cut you..

The new JUMbotron is about ready but I can't resist slipping this part to you guys early.

I admit, Hightower is a talented player but I’ll tell you how this will play out. 1) Hightower starts Week 1, gets 17 carries for 81 yards and 1 TD, and 4 or 5 catches too. Fantasy owners quickly bump him into their starting lineup. 2) In Week 2 he fumbles at the goal line against his old Arizona teammates and finishes with 15 carries for 44 yards. Roy Helu impresses with 10 carries for 62 yards. 3) In Week 3 Helu is a popular flex player but he rolls an ankle in the 2nd quarter. Fantasy owners flood message boards with pain and whining. 4) In Week 4 Ryan Torain has a “great week of practice” and is promoted to starter by Mike Shanahan. 5) By midseason all three RBs are playing and even rookie Evan Royster is getting a goal-line carry here and there.

I like Hightower a lot this year. People are quick to bring up Helu but Hightower is still young and he has proven to be a good goaline/receiving RB in the NFL. Yes, he has had his fumbling problems but Shanahan really has made it obvious how much he likes Hightower. Factor in Torain being made of glass, and you could have a very quality RB2 that is available after the 6th round. Great value...

Whether you like Hightower or not, there is value in the Redskins backfield. I mean, you think Shanahan wants his team's offense to rely on John Beck or Rex Grossman? No way. Shanahan, with his RB carousel we all hate, is the same guy who turned guys like Olandis Gary and Mike Anderson into 1,000 yard rushers. I'm not saying Washington has the OL talent to do that with one of the 'Skins backs, but for where you can land Hightower or Helu (the two better bets), they are worth the risk. Hightower is a good pass catcher and pass protector, and that will probably have him on the field more often than not.

Looking at the ADPs from fantasyfootballcalculator.com, Hightower is currently the 33rd RB being taken off the boards, and Helu is the 44th. In a 12 team league, that means that you can possibly get Hightower at an RB4 (more likely an RB3) and Helu is definitely RB4 material. Seems like a worthwhile use of a pick in the 8th-9th round area for one of these guys who might emerge in a Shanahan offense that most certainly won't be a prominent passing attack.

Edited by MTSuper7

Since I usually draft WR and TE heavy early and wait on RBs, I will be targeting Hightower in all of my leagues. I already nabbed him in the 10th round in one league. I think he's worth the late gamble. I've had Hightower on my teams in recent years and when he plays, he puts up solid numbers. From everything I've read, Shanny is high on him and was excited to land him in that trade.

When's the last time Shanahan really let the horse run all year? And Hightower's huddle is full of future Arena-Leaguers anyway, just what are we expecting? I won't touch a Redskins RB unless he's dirt cheap - and he rarely is because of this very Shanahan-in-Denver hype that people still fuel.

Even with the Shanahan-in-Denver hype, I'm still perplexed. He had a pretty solid back in Portis at the time and traded him. Then, he got lucky with Davis (O-line was freaking AWESOME) along with a HoF QB. Really, I'm not sure how he really got the mystique because even in Denver, there was a constant RBBC with no one knowing exactly who the lead back was.