[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wine.com

geeteebee

I decided to try it out and made the following purchases:

Santa Ema 2008 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon

Belasco de Baquedano 2009 Llama Malbec

Zuccardi 2009 Q Malbec

Tikal 2009 Patriota

Silver Oak Alexander Valley 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon

Twomey Cellars by Silver Oak 2006 Merlot

Haven't ever had any of these but they sounded good so we'll see how it goes. I was a little worried about shipping in the heat, but they hold on to the wine until it cools down so I may not get my order for a month. I'd rather have that than have nasty tasting juice. It does make me question ordering from them in June, though, because I don't really want to wait 4 months for my stuff.

just checking this out as the past 2 weeks have been crazy for me. i have used them and have had no issue with heat/cold. i have only had the silver oak and twomey...enjoyed them, but they are better off sitting for several year more.

I decided to try it out and made the following purchases:

Santa Ema 2008 Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon

Belasco de Baquedano 2009 Llama Malbec

Zuccardi 2009 Q Malbec

Tikal 2009 Patriota

Silver Oak Alexander Valley 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon

Twomey Cellars by Silver Oak 2006 Merlot

Haven't ever had any of these but they sounded good so we'll see how it goes. I was a little worried about shipping in the heat, but they hold on to the wine until it cools down so I may not get my order for a month. I'd rather have that than have nasty tasting juice. It does make me question ordering from them in June, though, because I don't really want to wait 4 months for my stuff.

Just curious what you paid for the Silver Oak and Twomey at the website. I sell both of those brands, and depending on the price, I may be able to point you in the direction of a local store at a better price. No waiting. And if the juice is bad, you can simply take it back and exchange it/ get a refund.

And the heat right now is effecting some of the wines. I sell 600-700 cases a week and over the past two to three months I've had to exchange 30+ bottles due to the heat causing corking/leaking issues, or the wine just cooking from the heat.

Just curious what you paid for the Silver Oak and Twomey at the website. I sell both of those brands, and depending on the price, I may be able to point you in the direction of a local store at a better price. No waiting. And if the juice is bad, you can simply take it back and exchange it/ get a refund.

And the heat right now is effecting some of the wines. I sell 600-700 cases a week and over the past two to three months I've had to exchange 30+ bottles due to the heat causing corking/leaking issues, or the wine just cooking from the heat.

They were a gift pack that was $99 for the pair. I had originally gone to the site for some 07 Cakebread Cab that I was going to give someone for a present. Local stores (Dallas) have it for $75-$80 and the site had it for ~$60. After some looking around I decided to get the Silver Oak pair instead.