[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fav IPA beer

BeeR

Sooo many good ones (and plenty I've yet to try). I am a big Hopslam fan but that is a Double IPA so I'm not sure it qualifies. I buy more Bell's Two Hearted than any other but am a big fan of DFH 60 Minute, Founder's Centennial, Stone IPA, Lagunitas and a few others. It's a great style and 'most' have similarities. I haven't had Flying Dog in a few years but I do remember enjoying it.

• Like 1

At one time I was headed down the road to becoming a hop head but I have since reformed my ways. I'll still tip a DogfishHead 60 Minute IPA every once in a while or a Victory IPA as well but I pretty much stick to the classic Bass Ale. To me, it is a better balanced beer not being so hop dominated as the others.

Great Lakes Commodore Perry

Founders Centennial

Dogfish Head 60 + 90

Southern Tier 2XIPA

Bell's Two Hearted

Fathead's Headhunter - took the 2010 silver at GABF. There's only 2 locations, Pittsburgh and here. You have to call to see if it's on tap or not. As soon as a keg's on, it's out.

am a big fan of DFH 60 Minute, Founder's Centennial, Stone IPA, Lagunitas and a few others.

Not a fan of Stone but like one called Stonehead. That would be my 2d choice probably. I like Flying Dog's, but it's IMO overblown and not their best offering.

At one time I was headed down the road to becoming a hop head but I have since reformed my ways. I'll still tip a DogfishHead 60 Minute IPA every once in a while or a Victory IPA as well but I pretty much stick to the classic Bass Ale. To me, it is a better balanced beer not being so hop dominated as the others.

I have to be in the mood for IPAs and can't drink them all the time. I'm not one of these people who likes or says I like IPAs in some kind of idiotic "look I love IPAs I'm so cool cuz most people aren't into it, I'm radical" (or whatever) kind of way (I've met my share). I'll never forget being at a beer tasting one time and this guy said "try this one it's 10 times hoppier than any IPA you ever had!" then was totally puzzled when I said I therefore had no interest in it. No matter how much I'm in the mood for an IPA, it is easily possible for it to be too hoppy. More isn't always better.

Edited by BeeR

Lagunitas, hands down. Hoppy without being overbearing. Great beer each and everytime. Though I like a malt profile much more than a hopped up (usually from extract) brew that masks everything else that is good about beer. Ninkasi, would be a close second, then Deschutes or Three Floyds.

After extensive research, my vote stays with Dogfishhead. Yours?

60,90 or 120?

So many choices and depends if you like hoppy or not or what mood I'm in. Victory, Troegs and Stoudts are some nice local's that I like

I concur but I stick to the 60 minute

I much prefer the 90 minute, better balanced than the 60 or 120 imo.

If made to pick a favorite, I would probably go with the 90 minute.

For regular strength IPAs, I would have to go with SN Torpedo, St. Arnold Elissa and Great Divide Titan. All well balanced beers that have enough malt to compliment the hops. Most IPAs these days are way too thin to support the high IBU content.

Lots to choose from, but if I had to pick a few....

Victory Hop Devil - about as malty as I want an IPA.

Bell's Two Hearted - pretty much perfect

DFH 60 Minute - IMO still their best offering, but I'll duck for cover after admitting that.

Foothills Hoppyum - they did a dry hopped cask offering at Tyler's in Durham once and it was the best IPA I've ever had. The regular version still rocks though.

Fullsteam Rocket Science - I included this one just because, at least in it's first iteration, tasted like straight Josh Gordon. Seriously, the most cannabis-tinged IPA I've ever tasted.

In this season I drift away from IPAs and settle more into Oktoberfest beers, more lagers and stouts. IPAs are a spring/summer beer for me.

Huh. Never thought of it that way. I am a "seasonal" drinker though and lean to heavier/darker beers as summer turns to fall then winter.

In this season I drift away from IPAs and settle more into Oktoberfest beers, more lagers and stouts. IPAs are a spring/summer beer for me.

Huh. Never thought of it that way. I am a "seasonal" drinker though and lean to heavier/darker beers as summer turns to fall then winter.

60,90 or 120?

So many choices and depends if you like hoppy or not or

? If you don't like hoppy, why would you drink an IPA?

I honestly don't recall but think it was the 60. Whatever it was they sold in the grocery store. :wacko:

Edited by BeeR

? If you don't like hoppy, why would you drink an IPA?

I honestly don't recall but think it was the 60. Whatever it was they sold in the grocery store. :wacko:

Because the trend has become "lets see how much hops we can jam in there" Some of it is just bad. Like someone dumped grass clippings in your beer. Someone else just said it. More isn't always better. Mehh I prefer stoudts and porters anyway or a good double bock. When its hot go with a real pilsner or kolsh