[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interesting Numbers with AJ

cliaz

Even though it is only week 2 I found his numbers to be very interesting....or should I say almost identical. I'm having flashbacks of when I would draft Rudi Johnson simply because I knew he would get me 12 TDs by the end of the year and around 1400 rushing yards.

Andre Johnson

Week 1: 7 Rec, 95 yards, 1 TD (target 11 times)

Week 2: 7 Rec, 93 yards, 1 TD (target 9 times)

At this rate we are on pace for 112 receptions, 1512 yards,, 16 TDs (target 168 times)

In my 14-team league a guy traded AJ for J Cutler last week. Talk about upsetting the competitive balance of the league. Now, the guy with AJ has:

Romo

Mendy

F Jackson

A Bradshaw

AJ

M Austin

B Lloyd

Gonna be tough to beat. At least M Austin will be out for a few weeks and Romo is one hit away, but trading your backup QB for a bonafide STUD is a major coup!

It's a dangerous game when you take a couple of games and project a season out of it. Perfect example, project Cam Newton out for a year and you get 6,832 passing yards. Mike Wallace is on pace for over 1800 receiving yards. Don't make too much of early-season stats.

It's a dangerous game when you take a couple of games and project a season out of it. Perfect example, project Cam Newton out for a year and you get 6,832 passing yards. Mike Wallace is on pace for over 1800 receiving yards. Don't make too much of early-season stats.

1504 yards and 16 td's, sounds like a slightly above average but doable season for AJ to me, especially if the running game loses some punch without Foster.

Edited by hardway

1504 yards and 16 td's, sounds like a slightly above average but doable season for AJ to me, especially if the running game loses some punch without Foster.

:wacko:

I might give you the yardage because he did have over 1500 in '08 and '09 but 16 tds??? He's yet to break double-digits in his career yet alone grab 16 of them.