[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best Wing Sauce

Croe

I like my chicken crispy so after I cook them a cover in sauce below I throw them in the broiler til just starting to darken then give them mor sauce.

Traditional Buffalo recipe: Franks' Red Hot and butter

Throw in a splash apple cider vinegar, couple dashes habanero sauce til its however spicy you want it, splash of cocnut water, brown sugar until you just start to taste the sweetness, salt and cayanne pepper to taste. Additions: [Can substitue all or part of brown sugar for mango nectar - this is awesome if you like the island twist. A couple friends have asked if I could toast some coconut shavings for thier wings. Adds a nice crunch and a sweetness if you're into that]

I love these in the above, my recipe keeps changing but for two years its been holding steady at this.

How you guys do 'em?

Franks and butter with a little brown sugar is good. But for me its all about the rub. On chicken I like the magic dust.

MAGIC DUST RUB

• 1/2 cup paprika

• 1/4 cup kosher salt, finely ground

• 1/4 cup sugar

• 2 tablespoons mustard powder

• 1/4 cup chili powder

• 1/4 cup ground cumin

• 2 tablespoons ground black pepper

• 1/4 cup granulated garlic

• 2 tablespoons cayenne

never thought of lemongrass, that sounds good. I use curry and mango from time to time on wings

i wouldn't do this to a traditional hot sauce recipe (with frank's, crystal, tabasco, etc)

and if you want your heat, i'd look into some thai chilis

Edited by Bier Meister

i wouldn't do this to a traditional hot sauce recipe (with frank's, crystal, tabasco, etc)

I assumed not.

I've recently just been playing around with jsut tossing them in just salt and vinegar and a few different mixtures of spices. I thought well salt and vinegar chips work, lets dry that on wings. They are pretty awesome and are a hit with those at BBQs who can't take the heat

I assumed not.

I've recently just been playing around with jsut tossing them in just salt and vinegar and a few different mixtures of spices. I thought well salt and vinegar chips work, lets dry that on wings. They are pretty awesome and are a hit with those at BBQs who can't take the heat

something i just thought of which i think would work well with wings is a variation of a gastrique (reduction of vinegar, wine, sugar, and sometimes fruit that has been caramelized over heat)

I worked at a wings joint for a couple years.... and was never really a wings guy. Still don't really like them off the bone, but I'll crush some boneless wings. :tup:

We had a chipotle ranch sauce that was killer. They wouldn't release the recipe. But I know the kitchen manager so it might be something I can acquire. :wacko:

We had a chipotle ranch sauce that was killer. They wouldn't release the recipe. But I know the kitchen manager so it might be something I can acquire. :tup:

Well what are you waiting for?? :wacko:

My wife makes a mean buffalo chicken meatball that is friggin awesome......

Edited by KICK A$$ BLASTER

Well what are you waiting for?? :wacko:

My wife makes a mean buffalo chicken meatball that is friggin awesome......

I'll have to get his cell # from a mutual friend or try getting it next time I cruise over there for some food. We're not GREAT friends so I hope he gives up the recipe! It's wicked good.

Yeah, Frank's Red Hot (used to be Durkee's) and butter is the only way to do a hot wing. You can kick it up a notch by putting in a drop of Dave's Insanity sauce, but if I'm making "true" hot wings... Frank's and butter.

Yeah, Frank's Red Hot (used to be Durkee's) and butter is the only way to do a hot wing. You can kick it up a notch by putting in a drop of Dave's Insanity sauce, but if I'm making "true" hot wings... Frank's and butter.

Rather than go the Insanity route, kick it up a notch by slicing up some pickled jalapenos over the wings.

and what are you waiting for?? Sounds awesome - recipe???

Your're right what was I thinking...

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 stick of unsalted butter

3/4 cup of Frank's Redhot hot sauce, plus more for serving

2 pounds of ground chicken, preferably thigh meat

2 eggs

1 2/3 cups dried breadcrumbs

2 teaspoons coarse salt

Blue Cheese dressing

Celery sticks

1. Preheat oven to 450. Coat rimmed baking sheet with olive oil, and set aside

2. Place butter in hot sauce in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, whisking until butter is melted and hot sauce is incorporated. Remove from heat and trasfer to a large bowl; let cool for ten minutes.

3. Add chicken, eggs, celery, breadcrums, and salt to bowl with butter mixture; using your hands, mix until well combined. Roll chicken mixture into firm 1-inch balls and place on baking sheet. Arrange the meatballs in rows so that they are touching on all sides. Transfer to oven and bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes...

4. Take out and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the baking sheet. Place on a serving platter and drizzle with hot sauce, serve with dressing and celery sticks...

My wife got this recipe off the interwebs..I'm not sure where though...

• 10 months later...

Your're right what was I thinking...

2 tablespoons olive oil

1 stick of unsalted butter

3/4 cup of Frank's Redhot hot sauce, plus more for serving

2 pounds of ground chicken, preferably thigh meat

2 eggs

1 2/3 cups dried breadcrumbs

2 teaspoons coarse salt

Blue Cheese dressing

Celery sticks

1. Preheat oven to 450. Coat rimmed baking sheet with olive oil, and set aside

2. Place butter in hot sauce in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, whisking until butter is melted and hot sauce is incorporated. Remove from heat and trasfer to a large bowl; let cool for ten minutes.

3. Add chicken, eggs, celery, breadcrums, and salt to bowl with butter mixture; using your hands, mix until well combined. Roll chicken mixture into firm 1-inch balls and place on baking sheet. Arrange the meatballs in rows so that they are touching on all sides. Transfer to oven and bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes...

4. Take out and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the baking sheet. Place on a serving platter and drizzle with hot sauce, serve with dressing and celery sticks...

My wife got this recipe off the interwebs..I'm not sure where though...

Been a while but thanks for the recipe. This sounds awesome and is going on the shopping list for tomorrow.

Recently updated my Standard wing sauce:

4 TBS Unsalted Butter

3 TBS Franks Red Hot

1 TBS Siracha

1 TBS Apple Cider Vinagar

1 1/2 TBS Brown sugar, or Agave nectar

Habanero sauce to tase

Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste

I'm looking forward to a new season of football - good luck with your drafts!

I posted this in my cooking and recipe thread http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/374526-rc94s-cooking-and-recipe-thread/. This is my favorite wings recipe right now:

Asian Wings

Ingredients

1/2 cup chopped green onion

1/4 cup honey

2 tablespoons soy sauce

2 tablespoons Asian chili sauce (I use Sriracha)

2 tablespoons oyster sauce

2 tablespoons sesame oil

1 teaspoon ground ginger

2 cloves garlic, finely chopped

2 pounds chicken wings, cut in 2 pieces at joint

Directions:

• Heat oven to 450 degrees. Grease large baking pan.

• Combine green onion, honey, soy sauce, chili sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, ginger and garlic in large bowl. Add wings; toss to coat. Place wings with sauce in single layer in prepared baking pan. Bake, turning occasionally, 25 minutes or until chicken is evenly browned.

• Increase oven temperature to broil. Broil wings 6 inches from heat, turning occasionally, for 8 minutes or until sauce is thick enough to coat back of spoon. Remove wings to platter; spoon sauce over.

This recipe is what lead me to find the spice and herb substitution charts. I didn't have ground ginger but I had allspice and thought it would be a good sustitute and the chart I found confirmed it. I love this wings recipe.

• 3 weeks later...

I've recently started doing my wings exclusively on the grill. I pat them dry with paper towel, then a brush of oil, then onto the coals until they're crispity. Then toss them with Frank's. The Frank's in tandem with the charcoal flavor is da bomb. I'll never do wings in the oven or fried again.

Been a while but thanks for the recipe. This sounds awesome and is going on the shopping list for tomorrow.

Recently updated my Standard wing sauce:

4 TBS Unsalted Butter

3 TBS Franks Red Hot

1 TBS Siracha

1 TBS Apple Cider Vinagar

1 1/2 TBS Brown sugar, or Agave nectar

Habanero sauce to tase

Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste

I'm looking forward to a new season of football - good luck with your drafts!

I used this almost exactly yesterday for wings for my local draft, went over very well! Thanks for sharing!