[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Younger People Are Angry

WaterMan

http://www.hipforums.com/images/dayofrage.jpg

This was today, the 24th.

- Cops mace ladies standing on the sidewalk. :wacko:

Is it wrong that I chuckled when the girls were maced?

Little lady, when the cops tell you to move... move.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Officer Bologna is his name. :wacko:

Here is video filmed from two angles:

https://occupywallst.org/article/Officer-Bologna/

Notice the big officer in blue look dumbfounded as he knew these people at the end were doing nothing but standing there.

Even funnier in slow motion.

It's funny that a small group of women offering no violence nor resistance gets maced in a supposed democracy? Seriously? No wonder our population will roll over for just about anything.

It's funny that people are still gullible enough to see a snippet of what happened and make a determination that what was done was wrong.

That's not me justifying the mace....it's saying that the view being given is a very small amount of context.

Had these women been causing trouble previously and been ordered to step back? It certainly looks like the first guy in the white shirt is telling them to do that, and very possibly not for the first time.

Crowd control is very dangerous stuff for police. If you are in a rowdy crowd (yes, that "peaceful" crowd was very rowdy) and ordered to do something by a cop, you might want to do it or you are likely to get maced.

Again, not saying it was justified in this case, but just that it very well might be.

It's funny that a small group of women offering no violence nor resistance gets maced in a supposed democracy? Seriously? No wonder our population will roll over for just about anything.

We are not a democracy and yes, it makes me chuckle. You don't know if they had been repeatedly asked to move, if they had been inciting violence against the police officers, if they were dirupting the businesses in front of which they were protesting.

Here's why I chuckle. I see them ranting, acting tough, telling the cops "we don't have to move", cheering on the males that are being violent toward the police... and then, then, the mace comes out, there is a dramatic change of demeanor, a change in reality... Yes, there are consequences to actions, consequences to pushing too far, consequences to civil disobedience and they experienced those consequences.

You ever see a fight in a bar where some loud mouth guy gets flattened. You know the one, he thinks he's a bad ass, he's walking around being obnoxious and someone calls him on it. He gets in their face and then gets cleaned.

That's kinda how I view this scenario: These women were being obnoxious, popping off with no sense of consequences, they were getting into the collective faces of the NYPD... They got popped for their effort. And just as I would chuckle at the drunk dude at the bar getting cleaned, I had to chuckle at this.

Notice the big officer in blue look dumbfounded as he knew these people at the end were doing nothing but standing there.

Yep--I think that is a key point in the video. It strongly indicates that there was no legitimate reason to spray them with mace.

Edited by wiegie

Yep--I think that is a key point in the video. It strongly indicates that there was no legitimate reason to spray them with mace.

You ever been on the receivning end of some blow back from mace? You'd have that expression on your face as well.

The real question is; was it smart of the officer to spray the mace in that close of proximity to other LEOs? The answer, of course, is, NO. Actually, a resounding, NO. Was the reaction of the girls priceless? In my own sick and twisted mind, yes.

Here's why I chuckle. I see them ranting, acting tough, telling the cops "we don't have to move", cheering on the males that are being violent toward the police... and then, then, the mace comes out, there is a dramatic change of demeanor, a change in reality... Yes, there are consequences to actions, consequences to pushing too far, consequences to civil disobedience and they experienced those consequences.

You ever see a fight in a bar where some loud mouth guy gets flattened. You know the one, he thinks he's a bad ass, he's walking around being obnoxious and someone calls him on it. He gets in their face and then gets cleaned.

and of course there are a hundred other trustifarians standing around with their smart phone cameras out waiting to capture some moment of extreme persecution and victimhood and post it on youtube, almost as if that's the whole point of their being there in the first place.

and of course there are a hundred other trustifarians standing around with their smart phone cameras out waiting to capture some moment of extreme persecution and victimhood and post it on youtube, almost as if that's the whole point of their being there in the first place.

bingo

And in a constitutional Republic the cops can mace whoever the F they want! So there!!

:tup:

I read about that. A part of wants to tell those protesters to get a job, but that wouldn't be fair because there are no jobs.

Edit to add: Look on the bright side. Those protests got some "star power!" Limousine lib: Susan Sarandon stops by Wall St. protests -- en route to airport flying to Italy! :wacko:

Edited by TheGrunt

No $hit. Reminds me of people protesting TSA pat-downs.

It's funny that people are still gullible enough to see a snippet of what happened and make a determination that what was done was wrong.

Yea, it's not like someone would jump to a conclusion that something was wrong if a certain news channel reported a snippet of a guy trying to carry $5K on his carry-on and then simply got questioned by TSA about it. :wacko:

Righteous indignation gave these protesters license, or so they believed. A sense of entitlement and superiority is endemic to them such that they have disdain for law enforcement. They seek to overwhelm law enforcement resources by force of number, wear down the patience of law enforcement through disdain, condescention, and constant provocation and to provoke exactly what they got here so that it verifies and reinforces their own beliefs. They are not without moral responsibility for what happened to them because they dehumanize the cops and the cops then, being human, eventually fail. The question on the streets, however, is not one of moral provocation, but rather of legal provocation.

The dynamic is known, observable, and constantly repeated. Knowing this, law enforcement has an absolute obligation not to allow the matter to get into the predictable pattern. One side here represents the law, both sides are subject to it. I expect those who represent the law to be a credit to their oaths. Being both representatives of, and subject to the law, abuse of that power is a far more serious matter than a bunch of self inflated yahoos dancing near the margins of the law.

The tapes may not tell the whole story. They tell me enough that an investigation is needed. That investigation should be subject to oversight by serious, logical, non-partisans. That may be wishing for pie in the sky. I hope not but suspect so.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

Supposedly there are 50 cities with the same thing as New York going on.

http://www.livestream.com/occupyboston

So.. why again are these lib protests happening? Occupy Wall Street? For what end? And why would such a protest 'supposedly' happen in 50 cities? If they're lost, maybe someone would let them know they're in the wrong state if they're looking for, um, Wall Street. :wacko: