[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Younger People Are Angry

WaterMan

My bad, I have skimmed over the thread since it's so damn long, but it's probably a fair complaint.

In a nutshell he is saying if you dont snap to attention, click your heels together and scream out "SIR YES SIR!" Everytime a policeman tells you what to do then you deserve to be pepper sprayed as a segue into more severe punishment,

And he also thinks the OWS people have poor hygene.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You wouldn't be so pro pepper spray if you realized just how much damage it did in terms of the general public's opinion is that it was simply uncalled for, and a terrible PR blunder. Just like you guys want to pick out those chitting on cop cars as a general example of a typical OWS protester, that sword is double edged and Mr Pepper Spray Cop is going to cut deeply.

I'm not pro pepper spray, I'm pro law, and law enforcement. If the cops aren't going to do their jobs, and follow the law, protect what they are supposed to, how long do you think it will be before there is an all out civil war? You may not like their methods, at times, but I think the upholding of our laws is an extrememly important function. While you may not like the use of the OWS Chitter as an example of lawlessness, I am not sure Mr pepper spray is going to be the PR nightmare you think. At the end of the day, the officer did his job. I hope he does it again ( uphold the law) , with restraint and caution, avoiding these situations if he can, but protecting him and his partners if protesters think themselves above having to listen to the laws and law enforcers of our country.

Law and order is better than anarchy and chaos, and I am not sure OWS crowd, fringe or otherwise wouldn't prefer the latter..

In a nutshell he is saying if you dont snap to attention, click your heels together and scream out "SIR YES SIR!" Everytime a policeman tells you what to do then you deserve to be pepper sprayed as a segue into more severe punishment,

and you are a bad speller. :wacko:

You are sure giving him credit-"he thinks"!

People need to be accountable and accept the consequences - especially if they know what the consequence is going to be and still make the choice they made. - again - just my opinion.

That's really a double-edged sword, because now the UC Davis police force, the Chancellor, and the police officers dealing with protestors nationwide have to deal with the consequences of these actions.

I'm generally a "pro-police" type of guy, but I also believe that our universities have historically been a spot where non-violent protests are tolerated and allowed. If this were a protest that was shutting down traffic in a downtown area, that's one thing - this is completely another. /shrug

That's really a double-edged sword, because now the UC Davis police force, the Chancellor, and the police officers dealing with protestors nationwide have to deal with the consequences of these actions.

I'm generally a "pro-police" type of guy, but I also believe that our universities have historically been a spot where non-violent protests are tolerated and allowed. If this were a protest that was shutting down traffic in a downtown area, that's one thing - this is completely another. /shrug

agree completely

Yup, the image of chubby donut cop spraying non-violent protestors with pepper spray won't be out of the collective conscience of Americans anytime soon.

One of my best friends is a CHP officer who has been called out to Oakland a few times to assist in the downtown protests, so I tend to agree with the idea that these guys should be allowed to protect themselves when necessary. However, the UC Davis protestors didn't appear to be a physical threat to the officers, so I don't agree with the use of force administered here.

Heck, it's winter. Wait 'em out, earn your overtime or doubletime and let the weather sort 'em out. :wacko:

We here in California already have enough with budget and debt issues.... pepper spray and the occassional bullet are a lot cheaper than overtime and doubletime.

We here in California already have enough with budget and debt issues.... pepper spray and the occassional bullet are a lot cheaper than overtime and doubletime.

I guess that philosophy would work if those solutions would actually quell the protests. Just spitballin', but I don't think that's going to be the case.

Yup, the image of chubby donut cop spraying non-violent protestors with pepper spray won't be out of the collective conscience of Americans anytime soon.

i think it already is ...

what will be stuck in the collective conscience is the image of scores of out of work aimless people complaining about anything and everything under the sun. this movement is a joke.

Clearly, that's why the last 2-3 pages have been dedicated to it.

i realize this is your world, but there's a bigger one out there ... one where people don't give a sh*t if a cop pepper sprays someone that refuses to move when they tell them to.

go check it out ... we'll be here when you get back.

i realize this is your world, but there's a bigger one out there ... one where people don't give a sh*t if a cop pepper sprays someone that refuses to move when they tell them to.

go check it out ... we'll be here when you get back.

:wacko:

The most viewed and commented story and photo gallery in the local Seattle newspaper website is the pepper spray incident. I'd assume that's not an anomaly.

No reason to get all chivesey and shoot the messenger because you don't think it should be something that has captured America's attention, when it certainly has.

:tup:

You wouldn't be so pro pepper spray if you realized just how much damage it did in terms of the general public's opinion is that it was simply uncalled for, and a terrible PR blunder. Just like you guys want to pick out those chitting on cop cars as a general example of a typical OWS protester, that sword is double edged and Mr Pepper Spray Cop is going to cut deeply.

+1

Boy I don't even have to try to explain anything in this thread anymore. The cops are making themselves look worse every day. They even turned the pepper spraying, of once again unarmed/non violent protesters, into an internet meme.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_luzvfdvC...6m1z5o1_500.jpg

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tu...zJOwGqs%2FwU%3D

No reason to get all chivesey and shoot the messenger because you don't think it should be something that has captured America's attention, when it certainly has.

you go on about how serious this is and immediately a post follows as to how this is being parodied broadly, from your twin brother nonetheless.

christina aguilera "captured america's attention" as to whether she was pregnant during the AMAs cuz she looked fat in her dress. attention captured, and then lost.

if anyone keeps this alive, it's the OWS idiots themselves because they don't have anything real to hang this movement on.

this is not serious. this is not major. this is a blip.

you go on about how serious this is and immediately a post follows as to how this is being parodied broadly, from your twin brother nonetheless.

christina aguilera "captured america's attention" as to whether she was pregnant during the AMAs cuz she looked fat in her dress. attention captured, and then lost.

if anyone keeps this alive, it's the OWS idiots themselves because they don't have anything real to hang this movement on.

this is not serious. this is not major. this is a blip.

You made a statement that was clearly inaccurate and got all chippy and personal when called on it. Now you are just pulling a silly semantically impersonation of some of the more notable spin-masters on this board in a desperate attempt to justify it. I'd just stop if I were you. :wacko: