[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Younger People Are Angry

WaterMan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep in mind, chitting on a cop car is illegal.

When you pepper spray people who are - whether you like it or not - using their first amendment rights that is an entirely different story. And that's the story. You can argue legalities regarding dispersal orders, etc but no one cares if you pepper spray the car chitter but many people I know who had no dog in the argument are now well engaged. Think about it.

Resisiting the orders of a police officer is also illegal. You attempt to dismiss this major point in the "argue leaglities" line above. Is resisting arrest not enough to warrant pepper spray? I don't see a whole lot of difference there, between resisting arrest and chitting on a cop car. Is breaking one law less important than breaking another, because you don't agree with it?

I love the first amendment. If you look at my earlier posts, I state as much. Assembly peacefully all you want. If it is truly being supressed, then by all means fight for it. I'll be there with you. That right in and of itself does not give you the right to trash other peoples rights, whether it be land owners, universities, or police officers, or people.

When a cop tells you to move, and you don't, what happens is on you. It was their choice at berkley. I have a hard time feeling bad for someone in that situation. That's all I'm saying. We don't have to encourage viloence. Assembly legally, and those same pepper spraying cops will be protecting you. How you demonstrate is as important as why. This is lost on the OWS'ers IMO.

As for it making more people engaged, you probably have a good point. I hope that when they engage, logic and reason will prevail. Some of what they fight for is good and alot isn't. I hope that those who engage because of the pepper spray incident, do so with an open mind, find out the facts, and come to a conclusion themselves on whether OWS is worth their support. My guess is that they will find there is as much to dislike about them as there is to like about them. The extra engagement will either grow the movement, if it is worthy, or kill it quicker, as people realize what it is about. I have my guess which way it will go, but time will tell I guess.

Resisiting the orders of a police officer is also illegal. You attempt to dismiss this major point in the "argue leaglities" line above. Is resisting arrest not enough to warrant pepper spray? I don't see a whole lot of difference there, between resisting arrest and chitting on a cop car. Is breaking one law less important than breaking another, because you don't agree with it?

I love the first amendment. If you look at my earlier posts, I state as much. Assembly peacefully all you want. If it is truly being supressed, then by all means fight for it. I'll be there with you. That right in and of itself does not give you the right to trash other peoples rights, whether it be land owners, universities, or police officers, or people.

When a cop tells you to move, and you don't, what happens is on you. It was their choice at berkley. I have a hard time feeling bad for someone in that situation. That's all I'm saying. We don't have to encourage viloence. Assembly legally, and those same pepper spraying cops will be protecting you. How you demonstrate is as important as why. This is lost on the OWS'ers IMO.

As for it making more people engaged, you probably have a good point. I hope that when they engage, logic and reason will prevail. Some of what they fight for is good and alot isn't. I hope that those who engage because of the pepper spray incident, do so with an open mind, find out the facts, and come to a conclusion themselves on whether OWS is worth their support. My guess is that they will find there is as much to dislike about them as there is to like about them. The extra engagement will either grow the movement, if it is worthy, or kill it quicker, as people realize what it is about. I have my guess which way it will go, but time will tell I guess.

well stated.

UC Davis chancellor: Police defied my orders by using pepper spray

"We told the police to remove the tents or the equipment," she told the paper. "We told them very specifically to do it peacefully, and if there were too many of them, not to do it, if the students were aggressive, not to do it. And then we told them we also do not want to have another Berkeley."

according to this, 61% male, 81% white, 61% college educated. with that skew, you can imagine that most of them grew up in an atmosphere of bourgeios privilege.

is it american society or their own cultivated sense of entitlement which has betrayed them?

I have noticed a lot of help wanted signs recently. Granted they are not management positions but they are JOBS. These people would rather sit and defy police orders and not shower for days on end than to work at a fast food restaurant or movie rental store or grocery store.

Work for a living - hell no!!!!

If you spray it on pizza the republican congress has mandated it a spice.

Some questions...

From what is tomato sauce made?

When tomato sauce is made, it is probably concentrated, so, how many actual tomatoes does it take to equal the amount of sauce on a piece of pizza?

Aside from the fact that a tomato is a fruit, it is classified, for food purpose,s as a vegetable; so, could it not be said that in fact a serving tomato sauce equates to one actually eating a tomato?

You may say yes, tomato sauce is made from tomatoes but it has salt, onion powder, garlic powder, preservatives, etc... in it, how can you classify it as a vegetable?!?!? Well, they have been doing this type of thing for years. V8 for example has a full days serving of vegetable in like every 12 oz. bottle. Tomato sauce is no different in this respect, it is made from tomatoes and therefore should be classified as being a serving of a vegetable. The fact that it is on pizza is irrelevant.

Billay, I hope you enjoyed this post. :wacko:

Some questions...

From what is tomato sauce made?

When tomato sauce is made, it is probably concentrated, so, how many actual tomatoes does it take to equal the amount of sauce on a piece of pizza?

Aside from the fact that a tomato is a fruit, it is classified, for food purpose,s as a vegetable; so, could it not be said that in fact a serving tomato sauce equates to one actually eating a tomato?

You may say yes, tomato sauce is made from tomatoes but it has salt, onion powder, garlic powder, preservatives, etc... in it, how can you classify it as a vegetable?!?!? Well, they have been doing this type of thing for years. V8 for example has a full days serving of vegetable in like every 12 oz. bottle. Tomato sauce is no different in this respect, it is made from tomatoes and therefore should be classified as being a serving of a vegetable. The fact that it is on pizza is irrelevant.

Billay, I hope you enjoyed this post. :wacko:

If the fiber and nutrients are essentially stripped from the tomato in the process of making the sauce, in addition to all of the additional items being added, should it still be classified as a vegetable.

Gotta Love Faux News and Bill OReilly

Pepper Spray: "It's a food product essentially."

The comments section is priceless.

Megyn Kelly on fire hoses: "It’s a sports beverage, essentially!"

Megyn Kelly on police dogs: "It’s a family pet, essentially!"

Megyn Kelly on tasers: "It’s static cling, essentially!"

Megyn Kelly on rubber bullets: "It’s a pencil eraser, essentially!"

Megyn Kelly on hand grenades: "It’s a Fourth of July firework, essentially! God bless America."

:wacko:

Tea Party and Occupy Wall Street Movements Find Common Ground

I'll start you out but I'm sure your iPad has Google.

please don't tell me this is your shining example ... did you actually read this?

tea party people want smaller government and lower taxes.

OWS people want a fundamental end to capitalism and a new social order of equality ... and a bunch of other stuff too. OWS wants to shut down ports. they want to get people to stop purchasing goods. they want to disrupt under the notion that our system is inherently defective and needs overthrown. it does not appear to focus on the government much, if at all. beyond disruption, they are not very specific as to what this new social order needs to be ... because they don't know. i asked for something that helps to explain in any detail what they would like to have happen and you forward me a link saying they have common ground with the tea party.

tea party people want smaller government and lower taxes.

try again.