[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Younger People Are Angry

WaterMan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stream usually has 4,000 to 6,000 viewers. Tonight it had 20,000. The Facebook likes are up to 160,000.

400 arrested today for blocking the Brooklyn Bridge.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/02/...E7900BL20111002

I think I speak for the rest of America when I say that we are really tired of these professional protesters. Contrary to your belief, this DOES NOT help their cause.

Perhaps if they were more respectable and courteous they might get more support. This is all just a bunch of BS. All this is is nothing more than a photo op.

Edited by tosberg34

I think I speak for the rest of America when I say that we are really tired of these professional protesters. Contrary to your belief, this DOES NOT help their cause.

Perhaps if they were more respectable and courteous they might get more support. This is all just a bunch of BS. All this is is nothing more than a photo op.

:wacko:

See, HERE for my agreeing thoughts...

That is fairly standard for polling numbers. (For instance, 1010 people polled is more than 12% higher than the 900 people that Fox News uses for its polls.)

That is why I think polls are a joke, whether done by CNN, Fox or anyone else for that matter.

This is awesome! :wacko:

Check out the demands of the Wallstreet protesters:

Demand one: Restoration of the living wage. This demand can only be met by ending "Freetrade" by re-imposing trade tariffs on all imported goods entering the American market to level the playing field for domestic family farming and domestic manufacturing as most nations that are dumping cheap products onto the American market have radical wage and environmental regulation advantages. Another policy that must be instituted is raise the minimum wage to twenty dollars an hr.

Demand two: Institute a universal single payer healthcare system. To do this all private insurers must be banned from the healthcare market as their only effect on the health of patients is to take money away from doctors, nurses and hospitals preventing them from doing their jobs and hand that money to wall st. investors.

Demand three: Guaranteed living wage income regardless of employment.

Demand four: Free college education.

Demand five: Begin a fast track process to bring the fossil fuel economy to an end while at the same bringing the alternative energy economy up to energy demand.

Demand six: One trillion dollars in infrastructure (Water, Sewer, Rail, Roads and Bridges and Electrical Grid) spending now.

Demand seven: One trillion dollars in ecological restoration planting forests, reestablishing wetlands and the natural flow of river systems and decommissioning of all of America's nuclear power plants.

Demand eight: Racial and gender equal rights amendment.

Demand nine: Open borders migration. anyone can travel anywhere to work and live.

Demand ten: Bring American elections up to international standards of a paper ballot precinct counted and recounted in front of an independent and party observers system.

Demand eleven: Immediate across the board debt forgiveness for all. Debt forgiveness of sovereign debt, commercial loans, home mortgages, home equity loans, credit card debt, student loans and personal loans now! All debt must be stricken from the "Books." World Bank Loans to all Nations, Bank to Bank Debt and all Bonds and Margin Call Debt in the stock market including all Derivatives or Credit Default Swaps, all 65 trillion dollars of them must also be stricken from the "Books." And I don't mean debt that is in default, I mean all debt on the entire planet period.

Demand twelve: Outlaw all credit reporting agencies.

Demand thirteen: Allow all workers to sign a ballot at any time during a union organizing campaign or at any time that represents their yeah or nay to having a union represent them in collective bargaining or to form a union.

These demands will create so many jobs it will be completely impossible to fill them without an open borders policy.

This is awesome! :tup:

Check out the demands of the Wallstreet protesters:

:wacko: Some of the comments are almost as awesome as the Wolf Shirt comments.

Three in a row . . .

↧ guntotinsquaw 2 points 6 hours ago

Hurry let's change all the power from big oil and nuclear to ....unicorn farts and fairy dust...ROFLMAO...Thank God you have given us your insight...priceless!!

reply permalink

↧ jxm 3 points 4 hours ago

The Occupy Wall Street Gnomes Plan

1.collect underpants

2.???

3.Riches for everyone

reply permalink

↧ JonathanKlondowski (Bangor, ME) 1 points 4 hours ago

LOL!!! Very nice. This is what happens when people make their "demands" while high.

Old people are angry

Occupy Furrs Cafeteria and Country Buffet between 4:00 and 6:00 PM

Our demands:

1. Get off of my lawn

2. Get a job

3. Stop making demands before you have an education and life experience.

4. Women, shave your pits before going out to a macing in sleeveless shirts.

5. Women, sponsor and participate in give the elderly a Chorizo day.

6. Stop asking us if we are all right when we make funny faces and noises when exerting ourselves physically, like standing or opening a door. Those are our regular faces and noises. We are not having a heart attack.

7. Stop with the american idol thing already. It is turning your limited minds to mush.

8. Men, if you can be called that, stop waxing your chests and start waxing your cars. Stop with the manscaping and get with any physical labor. Learn some minimal skills. Men can change their car's oil, can replace a spark plug, and can change out a garbage disposal.

9. Men, understand that if you spend more time playing video games than on your career development you are a burritoing idiot.

10. Get a job.

11. Seriously, get the burrito off of my lawn.

Here come the unions...

New York (CNN) -- As the Occupy Wall Street protesters rally for a third week, social media sites such as Twitter seem to be spurring similar protests in other cities.

A Twitter account called Occupy Boston mentions a citywide college walkout there Wednesday.

Meanwhile, the Massachusetts Nurses Association says hundreds of the city's nurses will rally with the Occupy Boston protesters on Wednesday. The association says the protest will be part of the opening day activities for a national nursing convention in Boston.

In New York, several unions endorsed the Occupy Wall Street movement and plan to join the protesters' street theater Wednesday, labor leaders said.

"It's really simple. These young people on Wall Street are giving voice to many of the problems that working people in America have been confronting over the last several years," said Larry Hanley, international president of the Amalgamated Transit Union, which has 20,000 members in the New York area.

"These young people are speaking for the vast majority of Americans who are frustrated by the bankers and brokers who have profited on the backs of hard-working people," Hanley added in a statement. "While we battle it out day after day, month after month, the millionaires and billionaires on Wall Street sit by -- untouched -- and lecture us on the level of our sacrifice."

Transport Workers Union Local 100 spokesman Jim Gannon said the Occupy Wall Street movement, which denounces social inequities in the financial system and draws inspiration from the Arab Spring revolutions in Africa and the Middle East, has advanced issues that unions typically support.

"Their goals are our goals," Gannon said. "They brought a spotlight on issues that we've believed in for quite some time now. ... Wall Street caused the implosion in the first place and is getting away scot-free while workers, transit workers, everybody, is forced to pay for their excesses.

"These young folks have brought a pretty bright spotlight," Gannon added. "It's kind of a natural alliance."

Time magazine: 'Indignados' occupy Wall Street

President Michael Mulgrew of the United Federation of Teachers, the sole bargaining agent for most nonsupervisory New York City public teachers with 200,000 members, said he was proud to support the demonstrators.

"The way our society is now headed it does not work for 99% of people, so when Occupy Wall Street started ... they kept to it and they've been able to create a national conversation that we think should have been going on for years," Mulgrew said.

The labor officials couldn't provide a projection on how many of their members will take the day off from work Wednesday and join the protests.

View a high-resolution gallery of the protests

The demonstrators have camped out in Zuccotti Park in New York's Financial District, calling for 20,000 people to flood the area for a "few months."

The protest campaign -- which uses the hashtag #occupywallstreet on the microblogging site Twitter -- began in July with the launch of a campaign website calling for a march and sit-in at the New York Stock Exchange.

Over the past two weeks, demonstrations have addressed issues such as police brutality, union busting and the economy, the group said.

Open Story: Occupy Wall Street protests

Occupy Wall Street is a leaderless movement made up largely of twentysomethings upset with the economy, the Afghanistan war, the environment, and the state of America and the world in general.

In less than three weeks, the movement has become a magnet for countless disaffected Americans at a time when an overwhelming majority of U.S. adults say the country is on the wrong track.

Wall Street protesters inspired by Arab Spring movement

Besides New York and Boston, protests have been held in Chicago, Los Angeles and Seattle.

Occupy Wall Street and its offshoots have clear strains of liberal economic populism -- a powerful force in U.S. history during times characterized by economic stress. That said, it would be a mistake to label or tie the movement to a specific agenda, said Susan Olzak, a Stanford University sociology professor.

"It's difficult to classify a social protest movement early on in its history," Olzak said. "Clearer goals could eventually emerge, but there's no guarantee."

She added, "Many movements fizzle out. Others become more organized. (But) "I think we run a risk (by) taking a snapshot at any one point in time and trying to categorize the movement in any one way based on that snapshot. The only way to study these protest movements is to follow them over time."

Some people are angry at all the political corruption in the 20th century until current day.

Pretty much what I mean. I doubt there will be any notice taken of the protestors until things turn violent. For sure neither political party wants to make any real attempt to really go after the turds that brought us to where we are now. In some countries, they'd have either been shot out of hand or be wearing prison stripes. Here they get to carry on as if nothing happened, even carry on bribing politicians not to stop them.

That's the root of this protest - sheer disgust. It's just coming from a different angle at the same disgust the Tea Party feel. Occupy Wall Street see a tiny minority forging ahead at the expense of every other Jack and blame the bribers, the Tea Party see a compliant government and blame the bribees.