[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NY Yankees

SLAYER

on capturing the AL East and soon to be best record home field advantage throughtout the playoffs. :rofl::rofl::bow::tup::lol:

and let's not forget they were going to be lucky to be the wild card team because the Red Sox had the best team in the AL and was going to run away with it. so to all those in the nation :wacko: Talk about a collapse.

Eagle's fans may want to reflect on this. The games are not played on paper.

on capturing the AL East and soon to be best record home field advantage throughtout the playoffs. :rofl::rofl::bow::tup::lol:

and let's not forget they were going to be lucky to be the wild card team because the Red Sox had the best team in the AL and was going to run away with it. so to all those in the nation :wacko: Talk about a collapse.

Eagle's fans may want to reflect on this. The games are not played on paper.

Good luck trying to sell the Yanks as an underdog story. We should all gather and root for those lovable losers!

• 2 weeks later...

Times like this make it all worthwhile. While I am a Yankee fan, not once did I say they would win, hell we were lucky to be there. We were not favored to be in the playoffs, yet we had the best record in the AL. The pitching was in shambles all year and the hitting was not clutch.

The world series was suppose to be Sox /Phillies, one didn't even get in and the other lost to the wild card team.

So we lost, not expected to be there is a lot better than being the odds on favorite to win it all and not even get to the NL championship game rather less the series.

Times like this make it all worthwhile. While I am a Yankee fan, not once did I say they would win, hell we were lucky to be there. We were not favored to be in the playoffs, yet we had the best record in the AL. The pitching was in shambles all year and the hitting was not clutch.

The world series was suppose to be Sox /Phillies, one didn't even get in and the other lost to the wild card team.

So we lost, not expected to be there is a lot better than being the odds on favorite to win it all and not even get to the NL championship game rather less the series.

Yes, your team with the highest payroll in the majors was quite the underdog story. :wacko:

Yes, your team with the highest payroll in the majors was quite the underdog story. :wacko:

If you really paid attention to baseball this year, and I know you did. Yes they were the underdog, regardless of payroll. From June until Sept all I heard was how the Sox and Phils were the class of MLB. and etc. etc..............................

Go back and look at most predictions at the beginning of the year, if lucky they may get the WC.

You know what it's like to root for a team most people hate. The hate is > than reality.

Edited by SLAYER

If you really paid attention to baseball this year, and I know you did. Yes they were the underdog, regardless of payroll. From June until Sept all I heard was how the Sox and Phils were the class of MLB. and etc. etc..............................

Go back and look at most predictions at the beginning of the year, if lucky they may get the WC.

You know what it's like to root for a team most people hate. The hate is > than reality.

Yes, I do know a little bit how that feels (although Yankee hate definitely out-does Steeler hate) and I do know that most were picking the Phils or the Sox, but, it's not like many were discounting the Yanks. They were just perceived as 3rd best among the three big spenders.

I do know that most were picking the Phils or the Sox, but, it's not like many were discounting the Yanks. They were just perceived as 3rd best among the three big spenders.

yep. nobody would have been all that surprised if the Yankees ended up winning the world series; disgusted perhaps, but not surprised

yep. nobody would have been all that surprised if the Yankees ended up winning the world series; disgusted perhaps, but not surprised

I would have been. surprised not disgusted.