[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Battlefield 3

tosberg34

Anyone playing the Open Beta now? Just amazing.

I've stopped playing video games for about 5 years now but this game made me go out and buy a new rig and I'm glad I did.

I thought about getting it for my PS3 but I'm an old school gamer and I could never get used to the PS3 controls for the pinpoint accuracy I need.

Edit: I've also pre-ordered Rage as well.

Edited by tosberg34

I was just playing 2142 the other night. Haven't been following too much since release is OCT... which I guess right around the corner now. What kind of build do you have?

- Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (OC'd to 4.3GHZ)

- 8GB Patriot Viper Xtreme Series DDR3 1600

- 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD

- ASUS P8P67 PRO Mobo

- 2 x GIGABYTE Super Overclock Series GTX 570 (SLI)

- COOLER MASTER Storm Sniper Case

- and lot's of blinky lights!

It's pretty amazing and just screams. When I turn it on the street lights in the neighborhood flicker on and off. :wacko:

Edited by tosberg34

Wow.

:wacko:

And not "Wow" the gayme. As in... Wow. That's what's going to suck for me... if I want to keep up, I have to shell out more $. Was looking at the Xbox and PS3 today on the Egg. PS3 and blu-ray seems nice, but the (ahem) recent-ish "network outages" are a concern (to say the least). Now if somebody hacks M$FT's network like Sony's... I can probably get by just by going to a quad core from dual and stick with WASD and the click-wheel. Nothing freakish like you have. :tup: Hell... I grew up "gaming" on a joystick with one button, and having to "switch it in back" of the TV to game mode. In three feet of snow, uphill both ways...

I am looking forward to B3 based on the online screenplay. Looks like you pre-ordered if you have access already. The rest of us general public can get it 9/29.

Wow.

:wacko:

And not "Wow" the gayme. As in... Wow. That's what's going to suck for me... if I want to keep up, I have to shell out more $. Was looking at the Xbox and PS3 today on the Egg. PS3 and blu-ray seems nice, but the (ahem) recent-ish "network outages" are a concern (to say the least). Now if somebody hacks M$FT's network like Sony's... I can probably get by just by going to a quad core from dual and stick with WASD and the click-wheel. Nothing freakish like you have. :tup: Hell... I grew up "gaming" on a joystick with one button, and having to "switch it in back" of the TV to game mode. In three feet of snow, uphill both ways...

I am looking forward to B3 based on the online screenplay. Looks like you pre-ordered if you have access already. The rest of us general public can get it 9/29.

Well, I might have went a little overboard. :lol:

I wouldn't worry about the PS3 network anymore. You can bet that they are now being triple vigilant now, but both platforms are good. I know guys that have both too. My son mostly plays it with his friends. I only play like Madden or MLB the Show with him. Otherwise, it's all PC games for me just like the old days.

Hey - if you go PC let me know. I don't think PS3 and PC gamers can play on the same servers. what the specs for your PC?

I'll probably get it for PS3. My PC is about 3.5 years old but it would probably still run it on lower settings. Most of my buddies own PS3's though so if I want to play with my old friends I have to go that route (although the mouse keyboard setup is obviously more accurate). BF3 and MW3 coming out in the next month or so should be fun if I ever get any time to play. :wacko: