[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Baseball Playoffs

Outshined

After a long season for me, its finally here. This is the best baseball to watch just like the games last night. I really think the Phillies are probably going to take the World Series and are probably favored. I am going to root for the Central Division Champs all the way through and hope they win it all. I like the Cardnials, but I don't think they have the pitching to match the Phils.

I would like to see Detroit and Philadelphia in the fall classic with Detroit winning it all.

Who are you rooting for?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GO CARDS! But I don't think they have a snowball in July chance of beating the Phils.

I don't see the Phils winning this series without a bullpen..

or maybe I'm just overly frustrated with the bullpen that I'm overlooking the strength in the starting rotation.....fact is, they won't go too far without a friggin pen....

I don't see the Phils winning this series without a bullpen..

or maybe I'm just overly frustrated with the bullpen that I'm overlooking the strength in the starting rotation.....fact is, they won't go too far without a friggin pen....

Heard on 97.5 today that the cards blew around 26 saves this year...If that's true then they must be having problems over there 2.

I'll be completely stunned if the Phils don't win in 4 games or less. St. Louis starting and relief pitching has been brutal all year (even Carpenter for stretches). What got St. Louis here was theor #1 offense in the NL, which I think can be more than offset by the Phils outstanding pitching.

Phils in 3.

I'll be completely stunned if the Phils don't win in 4 games or less. St. Louis starting and relief pitching has been brutal all year (even Carpenter for stretches). What got St. Louis here was theor #1 offense in the NL, which I think can be more than offset by the Phils outstanding pitching.

Phils in 3.

:wacko:

Not offset yet...3-0....25 minutes after your post.

Edited by Puddy

Great win by the phils :wacko:

when we had that rally in the 6th and then Halladay retires the side quickly right after that...the wind was officially taken out of their sails...

now if Lee can minimize the damage in that one bad inning he's been known to have then we can go up 2-0....

That Moore kid from Tampa was dealing tonight.....wow

Really great to see him do well. It's funny how many of us here in Durham end up pulling for the Rays because the AAA team is here and we get an attachment to the players.

94-1 when holding a 4-run lead in his career...until last night. The bats going quiet didn't help, either. Now its a series for sure, though I still like our chances with Hamels/Oswalt/Halladay needing to win 2 of 3.

Lee didn't make it interesting for the Tigers. :wacko:

Congrats to the Rangers and their fans on advancing to the ALCS

On hel1 of a game for Beltre too :wacko:

As for the Phils, in game 3 they got it done but man they made it interesting. Hopefully, Roy O can close out the series for us in game 4 on Wednesday.