[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Baseball Playoffs

Outshined

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow......just wow !!!! :wacko:

What an amazing game. I'm pulling for the Rangers, but, props to both teams for putting on one heck of a show. :tup:

I wanted to see the game left up to Pujols, just for the drama, but, it looks like it will be Berkman. Wow, this is fun. :lol:

How are the Rangers & Cardinals fans stomachs feeling right now ?

Edited by Menudo

What a freakin' game! Maybe the best I can remember watching due to the significance.

I was born in 1974, and that was the best world series game that I've ever seen. You couldn't have scripted it any better. Other World Series have had hero moments, this one had 4 of them !!!! (Freese, Hamilton, Berkman & Freese again)

Single most painful game I've ever watched. From the botched no call on what would have been a double play, to Michael Young/Elvis Andrus forgetting what a defensive player does, to whatever pitcher you can name screwing the pooch.

I hate to say it, but Texas Rangers=LeBron James.

I was confident going into this game that the series would be wrapped up. Unfortunately I don't think the Rangers will be able to come back from tonight. Two times being one strike away, and completely burritoing it up. Washington using German this series is asinine, just flat out no other way to explain it. The Cards are pitching way better, and LaRussa is making Wash his bitch. Wash has no strategy when playing in an NL park. He's lost. Ugh.

I live about an hour and a half SW of St. Louis close to I-44 and this morning on my way to school stoppped for my morning cup and met a carload of Texas fans heading to StL for the game(s). Nicest folks. I believe they got their monies worth tonight. Undoubtedly not the ending they wanted but, wow, what a game.

Hamilton's HR almost made me turn the TV off... but maybe...

I've seen lots of Cards games (going back to '64 when the Phillies imploded) but never, NEVER, anything close to this. How will any Cards fans be able to sleep/work???

GO CARDS!!

Single most painful game I've ever watched. From the botched no call on what would have been a double play, to Michael Young/Elvis Andrus forgetting what a defensive player does, to whatever pitcher you can name screwing the pooch.

I was confident going into this game that the series would be wrapped up. Unfortunately I don't think the Rangers will be able to come back from tonight. Two times being one strike away, and completely burritoing it up. Washington using German this series is asinine, just flat out no other way to explain it. The Cards are pitching way better, and LaRussa is making Wash his bitch. Wash has no strategy when playing in an NL park. He's lost. Ugh.

Really? You're comparing the Rangers to Lebron? What, because they "choked" or can't win the big game? The Rangers have played great. This game was about the Cardinals never giving up and fighting until the last out. Texas or RW didn't lose this game, St. Louis won it. Don't let your bad judgement get in the way of an amazing baseball game. Can't wait until game 7. Go Rangers!

Really? You're comparing the Rangers to Lebron? What, because they "choked" or can't win the big game? The Rangers have played great. This game was about the Cardinals never giving up and fighting until the last out. Texas or RW didn't lose this game, St. Louis won it. Don't let your bad judgement get in the way of an amazing baseball game. Can't wait until game 7. Go Rangers!

Yes, the Rangers choked, just as James did against the Mavs. It is true that the Cards and Mavs both kept on coming back, but get real...

Losing three leads from the 7th on is a choke job. At one point you can close it out with the 7, 8, and 9 spot to bat, but fail. RW has missed a ton this series, and anyone who doesn't see that is blind. Get off your high horse Fiesta Sampler, yes it was an amazing game. I'm fuming, and I'm not off base here. I've watched almost every game sans day games. And can't it be argued that by using your opinion that the Rangers didn't choke, that no one ever chokes? When a team/player/fighter chokes you can just argue that the other team refused to quit. They're one in the same.

Edited by piratesownninjas

What an amazing game, as for drama it ranks #1 easily.

As for all-time

1) Game 5 2006 WS - Watched them win it all behind homeplate

2) Last night's game

3) Game 7 1982 WS- watched them win it all in the bleachers as a kid.

Worst:

1) Game 4 2004 WS - getting swept by the Sox :wacko:

Still trying to score tickets for tonight - even tried to whore myself out. :tup:

What botched no-call? Are you talking about Andrus getting taken out at second? That was totally legit. No umpire would call the DP because the runner might have been a few inches out of the baseline. That is just good hard baseball. He had time to make the throw anyway. Just got a little scared....

The Rangers may have choked in your mind, but the umps didn't cause it unless I missed something and you are talking about another play.

Washington does make some strange calls. Leaving Lewis in to bat for himself with the bases loaded and two outs was a little strange. They could have blown it wide open right there.

I was lucky enough to score a couple field box tickets for Game 6 and I can tell you it was unequivocally the single best sporting event I have ever been to, bar NONE!

When Freese hit the HR fans we running around hugging people they have never met. A bunch of grown men screaming and jumping up and down like little boys. Absolutely amazing. It was UP and DOWN and UP and Down all night. I am still living on cloud 9. Absolutely amazing experience, and I may have been a little late to work today.

We were in the stadium 30 minutes after the game had ended and I'd say 75% of the fans were still there. Words can't describe the emotions of the fans.

Yes, the Rangers choked, just as James did against the Mavs. It is true that the Cards and Mavs both kept on coming back, but get real...

Losing three leads from the 7th on is a choke job. At one point you can close it out with the 7, 8, and 9 spot to bat, but fail. RW has missed a ton this series, and anyone who doesn't see that is blind. Get off your high horse Fiesta Sampler, yes it was an amazing game. I'm fuming, and I'm not off base here. I've watched almost every game sans day games. And can't it be argued that by using your opinion that the Rangers didn't choke, that no one ever chokes? When a team/player/fighter chokes you can just argue that the other team refused to quit. They're one in the same.

Wrong on almost every account. Fume on ....

Washington does make some strange calls. Leaving Lewis in to bat for himself with the bases loaded and two outs was a little strange. They could have blown it wide open right there.

Agree. He was clearly running on fumes and living on the edge, and if he hits for him there he can bring in Holland in the 6th for a nice clean inning. If you're going to waste Holland in this game, you use him there.

But what can you say, even with those moves they had 2 chances to win this thing and didn't. Cardinals did a great job, and I'm guessing Texas is done now.

I can see tonight's game being something like 6-1 Cardinals.

I think Albert takes his curtain call tonight and puts on a show.

That is what I'm expecting as well. I like the Cards and Carpenter coming off of last night's craziness. However, I'll be pulling for the Rangers. Me & a couple of friends are hitting the bar for this one. Should be fun. :wacko:

I was lucky enough to score a couple field box tickets for Game 6 and I can tell you it was unequivocally the single best sporting event I have ever been to, bar NONE!

When Freese hit the HR fans we running around hugging people they have never met. A bunch of grown men screaming and jumping up and down like little boys. Absolutely amazing. It was UP and DOWN and UP and Down all night. I am still living on cloud 9. Absolutely amazing experience, and I may have been a little late to work today.

We were in the stadium 30 minutes after the game had ended and I'd say 75% of the fans were still there. Words can't describe the emotions of the fans.

Yeah, I've never hugged so many men in my entire life. :wacko: