[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Baseball Playoffs

Outshined

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that was a great series with two very worthy opponents! Cards seemed like a team of destiny at the beginning and now I believe it with there never say never attitude! This series was one for the ages!I know for the Rangers it's gotta sting being so close with one strike away twice in Game 6 but man they are a great squad and will be back. Hopefully they aren't thought of as the Jim Kelly era Bills who can't get it done because they deserve better than that. Congrats to the Cards you are a great bunch of players to pass the torch to as a Giants fan :tup:

And now can't wait for the 2012 season!

Let's Go Giants!!! :wacko:

Very happy for some of the unsung guys who now have a ring - Arthur Rhodes, with 20 years in the big leagues (waived by Texas earlier this season and how ironic is that?) and Nick Punto, who has made the most of himself through sheer hard work and dedication. I always liked him as a Twin for those qualities.

After Game 6 I couldn't see the Cards being beaten. Great Series and a tip of the hat to the Rangers, who contributed just as much as St Louis to the games.

Nice job Cards!

maybe the Rangers will be like the Braves of the 90's ... eventually we will win one. 3rd time is a charm? here is to the Yankees blowing another 200 million while the Rangers go to the Series :wacko: If we win in our 3rd appearance in a row, can you say dynasty?

Congrads Rangers for your 2nd World Series appearance in a row. 2 in a row means it is not luck! Oh yeah, and screw Cliff Lee

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

Very happy for some of the unsung guys who now have a ring - Arthur Rhodes, with 20 years in the big leagues (waived by Texas earlier this season and how ironic is that?) and Nick Punto, who has made the most of himself through sheer hard work and dedication. I always liked him as a Twin for those qualities.

After Game 6 I couldn't see the Cards being beaten. Great Series and a tip of the hat to the Rangers, who contributed just as much as St Louis to the games.

Also remember that when the Cards were 10 back Texas was trying to get Berkman from us. Local media believes the Cards wanted to but Berkman wouldn't allow it.

He hedged his bet by putting 100 grand on the Rangers before the series began

so he ended up with $275,000

He hedged his bet by putting 100 grand on the Rangers before the series began; he's riding this betting slip come hell, high water, or Matt Harrison.

http://deadspin.com/5854422/tonight-one-sh...m-lives-or-dies

What a great observation. I'm always glad to see players who finally get rewarded after years of laboring. Isn't this Berkman's first ring also? What a class act he is!

What a great observation. I'm always glad to see players who finally get rewarded after years of laboring. Isn't this Berkman's first ring also? What a class act he is!

Me too. I look at that after every major sports championship no matter what the sport is. I love to see a long time player get a ring even if its on a team I dont like as long as the player wasnt a d bag

Yes. I was going to add Berkman but he's not exactly "unsung". Still, I'm very glad he got the ring as he was one of the mainstays of my baseball win this year.

He hedged his bet by putting 100 grand on the Rangers before the series began; he's riding this betting slip come hell, high water, or Matt Harrison.

http://deadspin.com/5854422/tonight-one-sh...m-lives-or-dies

you arent reading that paragraph properly

So much remains unknown about our intrepid, foolish bettor. In the absence of a name and face to assign to a magical ticket, rumor has taken hold. He lives in St. Louis; maybe. He's a lawyer, or he's in real estate, or he's a professional gambler who makes his living taking the long shots that aren't as long as Vegas thinks. He hedged his bet by putting 100 grand on the Rangers before the series began; he's riding this betting slip come hell, high water, or Matt Harrison.