[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brunch

Big F'n Dave

The missus and I are doing a long NOLA weekend in a couple weeks. Just made reservations for Sunday Brunch at Commander's Palace. Checking the menu and I'm hungry already. :wacko:

Yellow Heirloom Tomato Bloody Mary

Local tomatoes from Covey Rise farm

blended with crushed citrus and New Orleans spice

~ Finished tableside with “ice block” vodka

Turtle Soup

A Commander’s classic

spiked with a splash of sherry

Eggs Couchon de Lait

Two farm fresh eggs over slow smoked

shoulder of pork with warm buttermilk biscuits,

mushroom fricassee, and spicy tasso hollandaise

Creole Bread Pudding Soufflé

“The Queen of Creole Desserts”

~ Finished Tableside with Whiskey Cream Sauce

There's definitely better food in New Orleans (although Commanders is good), but the total experience of the Sunday Jazz Brunch can't be missed.

I think I remember you posting something similar to this in another NOLA thread. Where in New Orleans can you find all this food that's better than Commander's?

I think I remember you posting something similar to this in another NOLA thread. Where in New Orleans can you find all this food that's better than Commander's?

August (this is a top 5 US restaurant for me), or if you can drive a bit, La Provence is another great Besh restaurant.

Herbsaint

Cochon

Bayona

And I think even Emeril's has better food.

Cuvee used to be solid, but have heard that they closed.

Again, for total experience, I'm not suggesting skipping Commander's. I think the food at any of the above are better though. That's not to say the food at Commander's isn't good...it definitely is.

I've done Cochon and Emeril's. Both are great, but I wouldn't say either are better than Commander's. I've tried Besh's Luke, but not Restaurant August or Bayona. Guess it's just personal preference, because Commander's has been extraordinary each time I've gone.

I've done Cochon and Emeril's. Both are great, but I wouldn't say either are better than Commander's. I've tried Besh's Luke, but not Restaurant August or Bayona. Guess it's just personal preference, because Commander's has been extraordinary each time I've gone.

Agreed.

My preference is Commander/s Palace, and no WAY do I think emerils is better (not even close, IMO).

The others that seattle said I think come to individual palate . . . :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...