[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tebow stinks.

Do Work Son

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can all expect ESPN to be tuggin at Tebow's nutsack for a win against the lowly Dolphins in which the Bronco's were favored to win even if Orton was at the helm. It'll be interesting to see him suck for 3 1/2 quarters and toss a drive together against an above .500 team. Looks like I'll be dropping Decker...

Calling Tebow epicly bad isn't good enough for you? Apparently that makes me a Tebow jock sniffer? What set of adjectives could I use to satisfy you that I think Tebow has played extremely poorly today?

But the blame shouldn't be falling completely on him. If you're watching the game, you're watching Tebow suck, but you are also watching routes being run way too deep and WRs not turning their heads, MIA rushers coming in on him untouched. Recievers breaking off routes the wrong way. Balls going through recievers' hands. Playcalling that is constantly leaving tebow in 2nd and 3rd and long. It's a complete breakdown of the DEN O.

Missing Fells who was open by 20 yds that you mentioned? Did you watch the play? He had a WR 15 yds deeper who broke his route in rather than out and who was Tebow's target on that play. So yeah to a Tebow-hater it looked like he missed Fells by 20 yds. But to an objective observer , you'd see that Tebow was looking at a different target who mis-ran his route.

Unless of course you have just been dying for a day like this to vent your Tebow hate for other reasons...

Actually, with thier generation it's all about instant gratification. History would show that Hall of Famers need a few years to mature. Most of the folks on this site haven't played football since high school. The only thing funnier then thier comments are the people that take them seriously. As they say, just my :wacko: ... i.e. lordoppie

Actually, with thier generation it's all about instant gratification. History would show that Hall of Famers need a few years to mature. Most of the folks on this site haven't played football since high school. The only thing funnier then thier comments are the people that take them seriously. As they say, just my :wacko: ... i.e. lordoppie

Or it could jsut be that Tebow stinks :tup:

So did any of you haters notice that DMD predicted 160 pass yds 60 run yds 2 TDs?

Missed of course - it wa s 170-60-2 and a 2-pt conversion.

I guess at least somebody at this site had an idea of what might happen!

And I did start him.

that's actually Coors... and it tastes as bad as sugar, colored water.

I'd be happy about my Broncos winning if Tebow hadn't over, under, or side missed thrown so many passes. I saw guys at Chuck E. Cheese last night with better arms.

Watching some of those passes scared the hell out of me. However, there was some beautiful passes as well.

If he could only keep that last 2 minutes up the entire 60 minutes, he would be something special. But I think if it takes him coming from behind week in and week out, we are in fore a very long season.

We can all expect ESPN to be tuggin at Tebow's nutsack for a win against the lowly Dolphins in which the Bronco's were favored to win even if Orton was at the helm. It'll be interesting to see him suck for 3 1/2 quarters and toss a drive together against an above .500 team. Looks like I'll be dropping Decker...

Exactly

yeah, Timmay Tebow looked horrible for 3 quarters. as bad QB play as I've seen in the NFL. but you know what, even if he continued to look that bad through the 4th, I still want to see the guy start the rest of the season. I'd rather suck with a guy who plays his ass off, wants desperately to win, but fails, than to suck with a minimally competent turd like orton who doesn't even seem to give a schit. the play-calling early on yesterday was atrocious, and really has been all year. it was putting tebow in bad situations every time he dropped back. but tebow's wild inaccuracy was compounding it. they need a lot of practice on shorter routes, timing patterns, etc.

after the game I saw where tebow was quoted as saying about his performance "it's never as bad, or as good, as it seems". I do think that's about right. they scraped out an ugly win....on to next week.

I'll still disagree, and say that Orton would have had a worse day given the heat that MIA was bringing and DEN's O-line whiffing on the pass rush completely today. He may have thrown for more yds, but I'd guess he would have been good for some mix of a minimum of 3 turnovers via INTs and fumbles. You want me to admit that Orton is a better thrower? I've already done that. A better QB? I don't think so.

No way to prove it though, so it's left to opinion only.

As far as this is concerned, the guys on the radio today were saying that Miami was bringing blitzes from way off the line of scrimmage which is something you don't see much any more. They presumed this was because Tebow takes too long to get rid of the ball so there'd be enough time for a guy to get to him despite starting 8 yards off the ball. Of course, that means he's not going to get picked up or accounted for by the O-line. That style of blitz is usually not effective because most QBs will be rid of the ball long before a guy starting that deep can get to him. Not Tebow, it seems.

The assumption was that teams are going to notice this and also blitz this way until Tebow can get rid of the ball sooner.

Hey, I was in a bind QB-wise and started Tebow myself, so I'm certainly happy with the production in the last few minutes. However, I do hope that Ryan figures out whatever he needs to figure out during their bye so I don't have to rely on Tebow as my QB2 down the stretch.

From what it seems, there's going to be two curves at play. Tebow should get better, but Ds are also going to be able to game-plan better and better for him the more he plays. So, if he's going to do better, he's going to have to figure out the rest of his game before teams really dial in the schemes that will shut him down.

As far as this is concerned, the guys on the radio today were saying that Miami was bringing blitzes from way off the line of scrimmage which is something you don't see much any more. They presumed this was because Tebow takes too long to get rid of the ball so there'd be enough time for a guy to get to him despite starting 8 yards off the ball. Of course, that means he's not going to get picked up or accounted for by the O-line. That style of blitz is usually not effective because most QBs will be rid of the ball long before a guy starting that deep can get to him. Not Tebow, it seems.

The assumption was that teams are going to notice this and also blitz this way until Tebow can get rid of the ball sooner.

You didn't see the game?

I asked because I wanted to know if that's what you saw when you watched. It wasn't what I saw.

Well, I'll have to take your word for it, just like I'm taking Merrill Hoge's.

And, to be honest, I don't think either of you is any more neutral in your opinion about Tebow. He's pretty convinced the kid won't make it and you've shown yourself ready to drop gloves with anyone who thinks he doesn't have the goods.

So, in other words, neither of you seems any less likely to interpret what they see in a manner that fits their position on the subject.

just absolute pure comdey.

Loved every play I watched with the Cos on offense. He is gawd- awful. I mean, to the point he has no NFL-ready skills whatsover, none, zip zero. He can't make progressions, his vision is terrible, and he can't make basic NFL throws, let alone throw a sprial. The miracle grab by Fells was a duck - still not sure how Thomas caught that laser that Tebow threw at his knees. How fn embarassing if you are Brady Quinn, Kyle Orton, any member of the Denver Bronco coaching staff. You can tell Fox can't stand him- all he could say was the usual - gamer, makes plays, yada yada. I mean, I would pay money to sit thru the QB film study of this game.

That is an absolute beat down against any other team in the league save Indy. If i were a Bronco fan I would want him put on waivers today, just delaying who they line up at QB for the future.

Dilfer nailed it - what Tebow does well enhance QB play, it is NOT the foundation to play the QB position.

Andrew Luck is going to do some nice things in Miami

ETA - no dog in this fight, as I bet Den -2, so I was pulling for the kid. Just couldn't believe what I was watching.

Edited by wildcat2334

Billy, are you that into the kid or are you just happy that Orton is done here?

I want to see Tebow play. If he can improve, I want to see him continue as the DEN starting QB. He's certainly shown some ability in crunch time of games, as well as some real leadership. That's much more than Orton has shown. Orton will never be anything more than a game manager. He has to be surrounded with good talent to win games. Orton is terrible in pressure situations - that's well documented. Orton's had plenty of chances to win games here with the same team (actually better with Lloyd) that Tebow has, and failed miserably. It was miserable for Bronco fans watching Orton continue to find ways to fail at the end of games.

That said, if Tebow can't improve and be a good starting QB, I want to see him kicked to the curb and see DEN burn a 1st round pick in the 2012 draft on one of the franchise QBs coming out. If Tebow can't be a good or better starting QB, I'd prefer to see his tenure end in DEN and then allow DEN to move forward. Screw the lost 1st round pick - if he can't be a starter for a decade, find someone who can and do it next year at the latest.

I do know that Tebow is a lightning rod, and that he draws criticism from people who want to see him fail for reasons that have nothing to do with football. I think Hoge is one of those guys, so anything he says about Tebow is extremely jaded, IMO.

I do know that Tebow holds the SEC record for the league's most accurate passer, so the complete dismissal of him as a passing QB seems ludicrous - we're talking about the SEC record holder, not some scrub conference guy who happened to play okay. I think he may be a hard enough worker and have enough of the "it" factor to succeed in the league as a starter, but I'm willing to watch, withhold judgment, and see whether he improves as the season goes on.

I do know that Tebow does not fit the stereotype of a pocket passer, so if you want to make use of his abilities, you need to put him in motion after the snap, use him in the shotgun a bit, allow him to freelance some. Shanahan used a rolling pocket for Plummer and did pretty well - I'm not sure what prevents that now. What DEN did yesterday as far as a gameplan was completely counterproductive to utilizing Tebow's abilities. DEN's O-line was awful yesterday also. The line's protection of Tebow was as bad as Tebow's passing up to the last 5 1/2 minutes. I also know that Tebow's play yesterday was atrocious, regardless of whatever excuse anyone wants to make for him.

The guy can put up some top notch FF numbers. He's a mid-range or better FF QB1 until he proves otherwise.

That about sums it up for me. Anything else that others attribute to me regarding Tebow are coming from their own imaginations and prejudices.

Edited by Bronco Billy